First scooter but it's a Derbi

Just scooped up this derbi predator, liquid cooled, 50cc 2 stroke. It had been sitting for 10 years with 650km on it. Practically brand new. Some air in the tires and about 4 hours of cleaning out carb, gas and oil. Now it runs like new.

Any info on this would be appreciated it's a 2006 and I think it has the piaggio engine.

IMG_20191103_125947.jpg

Re: First scooter but it's a Derbi

Looks good, maybe after all that time changing the coolant could not hurt?

Yup, did that too. I wasn't to change the oil but it looked brand new.

I'm really just wondering what motor is in it. Limited info on line and I haven't checked any scooter forums. It's a 2 stroke which is why I got it. I got 10 years of moped experience. It's similar.

‘06 will be a piggy engine. Much easier to find parts for.

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

you might find more info on a scooter website, we primarily cater to mopeds, that is the weird little things with the pedals like a bicycle.

generally speaking, 2 strokes is 2 strokes, but you won't find a lot of info on modernish scooters on this site.

Piaggio "long" case with disk and 13" wheels. Very desireable.

Easy to get parts for as pretty much every 2t 50cc piaggio uses a variant of that engine and parts are a plenty for it. Piaggio engines have a belt that drives the oil pump and water pump that over time grenades and will dust the motor. Replace it for piece of mind or swap to premix. While your in there replace the crank seals.

It can be as slow or as fast as you have the money and desire to make it. 28-30 hp isnt out of the question with some modern kits. A mild 70 kit, pipe and a good tune should see 100kph easy.

Hard to find pieces like bodywork or Derbi specific stuff unless it is used or you get lucky.

But does it have ram air???

It does have the ram air!!!!

Joel, thank you for the info that was what I was looking for. I've looked at some of the available kits they look cool thanks.

> Thomas TPRF Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> ‘06 will be a piggy engine. Much easier to find parts for.

Yup! I have a 03 that I stripped down to the cases and doing a full build on the engine.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account