garelli ssxl kit

wesley tkalcic /

i have a stock garelli ssxl. with a 15.15 sha carb... it’s either the 17mph or 20 mph i think, because it has the 45 degree angle intake. anyways, i’ll get the bendy intake. but what is the best kit for it? and best pipe that’ll bolt right on? that’ll help the kit to reach its max performance.. will i need to get a different carb too?? i hope not as i just bought this one. i want to do 4 things to it. performance kit it. (62cc or 70cc), get a pipe that will bolt on but complement it, get a bendy intake, and get a high flow air filter. will all that up my speed by a lot? i do not know how to port, nor do i really want to if i can avoid it... like i said not sure what mph version it is, just know it doesn’t have the bendy intake. thanks..

5ABAB6B5-C5B7-4CAF-B5ED-1F9DB578E735.jpeg

Re: garelli ssxl kit

If you're keeping your carb and getting a bendy intake then the Polini piston port kit is the one you want. MLM side bleed pipe but you'll need wider pedal arms. Also what size front and rear sprockets do you have?

wesley tkalcic /

not quite sure the size of the sprockets.. it’s all stock so whatever the stock is

Dont know if this helps. With that top end I would guess 83 or newer. What does the label say on frame behind headlight?

Info-Garelli-Frame-Number-Chart-small-600x793.jpg

(edited)

*1980 or newer. That cylinder is aluminum and not the traditional cast iron noi. What you have was primarily used on Ltd SS XL bikes.

Also, plastic switches and controls didnt show up until 80 (edited)

Same aluminum cylinder as this 80 Ltd........

Last pic shows a traditional cast iron noi motor.

20190630_172911.jpg
20190630_172700_HDR.jpg
20161111_153656.jpg

wesley tkalcic /

yeah it’s an 87

wesley tkalcic /

is it a bad idea to put a top end kit on without replacing bearings and gaskets on the bottom end?? i really don’t want to split cases. i just wanna throw a kit in and a pipe. but if i have to i will.

> wesley tkalcic Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> is it a bad idea to put a top end kit on without replacing bearings and

> gaskets on the bottom end?? i really don’t want to split cases. i just

> wanna throw a kit in and a pipe. but if i have to i will.

I have done it before.

wesley tkalcic /

thanks. it’s definitely smart to do the bottom end though

> wesley tkalcic Wrote:

> thanks. it’s definitely smart to do the bottom end though

Yes sir

> wesley tkalcic Wrote:

> thanks. it’s definitely smart to do the bottom end though

Its smart to have a temp guage to detect a problem before blowing up a new top end.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account