Nj gives me that shaft with Vermont registration

Mopeds for ever MFE /

Today went to my local DMV in New Jersey Jersey and tried to register my moped with Vermont registration they told me unless I have a title or bill of sale no can do I said you got to be kidding me Vermont does not issued titles they gave me the shaft today what a bunch of dummy's I told them.DMV told me that I have to uptain a copy of the title requirements of there state.then spoke with another agency they told me I need a registration, insurance id,bill of sale,and a look letter of the moped laws of new Jersey I said why shouldn't you know the laws of nj. Well I'm just tired of incompetent people especially state workers what a bunch of Aaaa holes.

Re: Nj gives me that shaft with Vermont registration

Just run with the Vermont set up . And , don't worry about it .

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

The guy who works at my local BMV, Tyler, is the bane of my existence.

Mopeds for ever MFE /

If I ever want to sell the moped everyone wants a title not everyone is familiar with the Vermont registration matter no one wants to go through the hassle.

Go to a different BMV. I've had workers tell me the absolutely wrong thing then refuse to help when I try to explain the process to them. Once you find a good one just stick with it. I had to go to the next county over in highschool

Sounds like you showed up with nothing in hand.. usually you at least in a bill of sale to prove ownership.

Dirty30 Dillon /

He's not transferring ownership, he is looking to register a vehicle already in his name, to his home state.

There is no reason NJ should oppose this.

ah ok. ^ yes sounds weird if you have a registration already in your name. (edited)

> Avery M. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> ah ok. ^ yes sounds weird if you have a registration already in your

> name.

I've done it that way in Ohio a few times. Just say you bought it out of state and the registration transferred to you since there's no title for Vermont

Mopeds for ever MFE /

That's what u told them I bought the bikes out of state I guess they dont like Vermont because they dont issued titles all I wanted was to register in my state where I could just sell if I desire without any hassle afterwards.

Mopeds for ever MFE /

Now I have to try to locate two bill of sales and provide them to the DMV along with my Vermont transferable registration and insurance cards maybe I should bring my licence plates as well and pictures of my bikes to show proof of ownership. Well I just wanted to share my frustrations with everyone regarding our state DMV offices.

I'd suggest that you work with the NJ BMV as best you can. Be patient and very polite, recalling that (1) mopeds are not common vehicles and thus the BMV employees aren't familiar with them, (2) the BMV employees are required to work within a rather inflexible set of rules, rules that often don't seem logical even to the people who administer them, and (C) a job at the BMV is not usually a pleasant work environment.

What I did here in Ohio was to compose and write a fairly formal e-mail to the 'contact us' address on the BMV web page. The letter explained my particular situation and what I hoped the BMV would do about it. It took several exchanges, but ultimately the Ohio BMV did what I'd asked (which was to register a motorized bicycle I had just built.) Again, be patient and polite.

You're making way too much out of this .

It isn't worth the stress .

Like I said , just run with Vermont .

If you want to sell the bike , include the fact that it is legally registered in Vermont in the ad .

Dirty30 Dillon /

No title in NJ/NY states makes a sale very hard.

Captain Janeway /

DMV people are idiots. I tried to title a bike in CA that came from a state that didn't require titles. I even took them the code and BOS from the other state. Still took me months and contact with the main state office to get it done.

I'm hoping yours will end up easier with an actual moped. Mine was a noped.

They just figure that they're DMV. They don't care. They don't have to..

Pushrod Fifty /

I always have best of luck with going early on a Sat. Morning, stand in line outside and wait for them to be open, be first person to be served and the clerk is still half asleep and hung over, they just push your stuff thru no questions asked. Look to the side when they are looking over your paperwork. Bring every doc conceivable and keep it in a folder, just give them only what they ask for and say as little as possible. If no go, You can always ask VT if they will issue a title due to NJ wanting one.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

sell it to a salver and have it sell back to you or you can find somebody with a warehousemen's license or a mechanic who can put a lien on it and then claimed that he owns it due to failure to pick up or pay a bill and then he could could sell it to you and you can get a title title with his receipt and that goes for most States check the laws

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account