1 wire ac to dc led solution

1 wire ac to dc led solution

this is a post the internet does not want you to read.

there are 2 types of people who spam. owners of brands and resellers of the brands I kill. my posts always get trolled. do you think mr trailtech or mr superbright or anyone else selling here wants you to read any of this. here is where you can post your modern led solution and cost. thats the beauty of this post. its either put up or shut up. but this time you will know what type is up. it will be obvious who is a troll. they will have smart ass answers and no pic, no cost. there is as much nonsense here as there are 70mph moped threads.

this post is only about 3 things, cost, wiring diagram or explanation of how its wired and a pic of your working lights at idle, anything else is trolling.wiring solutions have to run at lease one season without blowing bulbs.

this is a solution for 1 ac wire coming out of the stator. it will work perfectly with the headlight stator. it is one solution and not the only solution. cost; rectifier kbpc5010 $1, hyperflash led flasher $1, ac regulator $9(yamaha blaster 12v), 2x red cob led's $1.50 2x yellow cob signal led's $1.50 headlight that takes modern bulbs with integrated front turn signals $12.50, led headlight 800 lumen $1.40. 63v22,00uf cap $3. current draw 10w. total cost $27.90.

you can raise the voltage of the regulator .7v if you wire a diode into the negative termainal. this will cancell out the .7v loss across the recitfier

Re: 1 wire ac to dc led solution

Does the AC output need to be 12v or does it matter? Pardon my ignorance on electrical plz

el pollo /
1369 OP

there is no such thing as a stupid question. if you want to use off the shelf 1156, 1157 modern led motorcycle headlight, flasher and turn signals you need 14.3v or close to it. because the rectifier has a 1.4 v voltage drop the voltage should be 12.9v. and you are good.

have a time limit and cant edit original post. the voltage drop across the bridge is 1.4v. you can wire in 2 diodes in series in the negative voltage regulator wire to cancel out this voltage drop. 12.9 won't charge a battery properly but will run the led's fine.

the bike in the pic the dc voltage is 14.0 (edited)

Probably Fred /

Looks good, headlight seems bright now draw a diagram on a 6v 4 coil puch moped that has 3 lighting coils and horn/buzzer goes through ignition coil I would be interested in that one.

Don’t see brake light, license plate light or front turn signals on your motorcycle diagram or bike,

el pollo /
1369 OP

are you sure you have 4 lighting coils and not a stator coil with taps. point me to a diagram. it matters because this one wire solution still might work for you. those are 1157 cob led bulbs. step on the brake and they get brighter. anyone who can read this can wire in the front led signals, they are integrated to that headlight. thats why I specify dc- and dc+. feel free to wire in the license plate with a white 1156 cob led.

Very helpful. Thanks for the diagram and info!

Screenshot_2019-10-30-18-44-43.png

el pollo /
1369 OP

not seeing what you are saying. I see two stator coils. usually one stator is lights and the other is ignition. green goes to the tail light, its a tap and is un used in a conversion. black blue is horn. leave it alone. blue black goes to headlight? cant see where grey and yellow go.

thats all I can read from that little piece of diagram.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account