70cc airsal Puch maxi Wont work...

I've recently bought a 70cc Airsal kit. mounted it with no trouble but whatever i do it won't start at all... it ran perfectly before i mounted the cylinder and when i but the standard 50cc back on it runs fine. the moped has good igniton and lets enough fuel into the cylinder.

Im running 15mm bing carburator and a 28mm exhaust.

and a Racing crankshaft in the motor.

Ive tried with "motorstart" spray and fiddling with the ignition timing. but without luck.

i hope some of you "mopedheads" are able to help me. ;)

Re: 70cc airsal Puch maxi Wont work...

Bigger jet? Airleaks? Could be a lot of things.

Ive tried a lot of different jet sized with both power filter and standard filter. ive replaced all gaskets in motor block. (edited)

Piston upside down? Piston crown making contact with spark plug electrode at TDC?

Probably Fred /

Don’t run stock type non chamber exhaust or stock air box and make sure arrow on piston is pointed down, run metal mesh filter with circuit or estroil type exhaust 78-80 with 217 atomizer/needle jet jet in real 15mm bing not junk clone,

Don’t fiddle with timing or your magneto read this first :

https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Puch_timing

You should be at 45-50mph not kmph,if you’re not you’re doing something wrong,

Barry (Bob) Brown /

Try pulling spark plug, and using thumb, check for compression spinning by hand. dribble some fuel in the cylinder and see if it fires that way.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account