Re: purple pain, full rigid maxi build

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /
dean OP
79019396.jpg

SiQ moD, good 1 can’t wait to see the linkage. :)

i love you

I should have asked does it involve two chains! I was trying to figure out how you would apply a coaster brake to the drive side. That’s going to be so Rad! Also I’m heading back through next week if you guys are around.

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /
dean OP

we're around for sure! you bringing a bike again?

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /
dean OP

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i love you

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /
dean OP

i was gonna put chains on but turns out i don't have a drive sprocket, or a pedal chain tensioner. there'll be chains later!

but i'm excited anyway

IMG_20191113_214857.jpg
IMG_20191113_200738.jpg
IMG_20191113_220119.jpg

So dope!

so sick cant wait for it to be done !

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /
dean OP

thanks guys! me too!

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /
dean OP

anyone know off hand what size flap wheel thingy i need to get to bore the cases for the gila? i can't remember.

once i get my hands on some whateverbond and a flap wheel, i'll get this motor built and hopefully see how this two bing thing goes.

IMG_20191117_133840.jpg
IMG_20191117_133548.jpg
IMG_20191117_133834.jpg

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /
dean OP

OTHER SIDE

IMG_20191117_133626.jpg
IMG_20191117_133618.jpg
IMG_20191117_133814.jpg

Looking good! This bike is awesome!

I can’t remember either. I fucked up last time and ended up with small flappers. I ground it with a carbide bit then hit it with the small flappers. Actually worked okay butt not compassion to the big flapppppper.

2 inch is what I bought last time and did the trick. (edited)

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /
dean OP

siiiick, thanks blake!

This is so rad! Can't wait to see that coaster brake in action

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /
dean OP

me too!

i felt like the back of the bike was missing something, so i hacked up a maxi rack to make a mini-rack/grab bar thing. i maaaay shorten it up some, but maybe not?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191118143851101_COVER.jpg
IMG_20191118_150609.jpg

Really like the coaster brake idea! So the chain is going to get welded to the sprocket and the brake lever? Seems simple and should have a lot more leverage than a cable!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

So just out of curiosity why didn't you go the kickstarter route and then just put foot controls on the foot pegs? Is it a legal thing to keep it a moped?

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /
dean OP

from day one i was one of those "it's not a moped if it doesn't have pedals" kids. my mopeds always have pedals! plus pedaling your bike around is one of the funnest parts about riding mopeds.

no welding for the brake, just the chain wrapped around the freewheel, one end on a spring to keep brake tension, the other hooked to the brake arm on the brake plate with this weirdo bracket i made from some maxi fender tab/leg things.

i'll get better pictures of everything once it's all hooked up

Ohhhh, hooking the other end to a spring is so siiiick! I really get a kick out of ahit like this.

This makes me wish I did posts on the Maxi Chopper. I'll post and future mods! Moped Army is getting way cooler because of people like you Terry!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

My title says moped that's good enough for me....

And then like the dreaded one I got a Stick it to the Man.

My next bike I gonna get a 17" setup on a a35 bullet frame

With a hero WOP kit kickstarter with a Harley chrome oil reserve as the tank due to the hacking off the petcock to fit the kit. Kids electric trike front end as footpegs still looking how Tomos ran the footbrake on euromodel apn4s and if the hardware available otherwise I gonna run it to a lever.

It is awesome to make unique antiquated mechanics from scrap. Tho good on ya...

> the worst terry Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> from day one i was one of those "it's not a moped if it doesn't have

> pedals" kids. my mopeds always have pedals! plus pedaling your bike

> around is one of the funnest parts about riding mopeds.

>

Second maybe only to skid stop coaster brake style

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /
dean OP

hahaha, thanks charlie. ma needs more fun builds! the more typical ones are cool too, but i wanna see more weirdos.

and true, pedaling around is the funnest second to coaster brake skids

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /
dean OP

put together some chunks of chain and made a little bracket to hook the chain to the brake lever and there we have it

IMG_20191119_195619.jpg
IMG_20191119_195624.jpg
IMG_20191119_195632.jpg

its a simple design , I like it. Have you been able to test it ? I assume normal peddle chain set up on the other side?

looks cool !

edited because I thought of it being cool if you ran the end of pull chain( spring end) all the way back near the shock mount so it looked like a full pedal chain almost.

then I started thinking about using the slacking of chain when braking to let a spring brake switch close the circuit for a brake light? I dunno its late , sorry for the nonsense. (edited)

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /
dean OP

no nonsense, a spring style brake light switch would totally work! if i end up running a brake light that's what i'll use for sure.

i don't have a pedal chain tensioner yet, so i can't pedal around and test it, but I'll push-bike test it and try to get a video of it in action

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Nice. I hope that you have enough of a wrap around the freewheel so that the chain doesn't jump the teeth under hard braking

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /
dean OP

there's plenty of wrap, i took that into consideration when picking a spot to mount the spring. totally a valid concern tho!

it all makes sense now haha so rad

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account