DYI moped work table.

Anyone have a simple design to get the moped a foot an a half or two off the floor?

Thanks ken

Re: DYI moped work table.

I use an old coffee table I got for free when someone threw it away at my apt complex, works perfect! There are threads about building your own on here somewhere, try the search function, (I don't understand it,) but maybe you will have some luck? Check out thrift stores, Goodwill etc, you can prob find something to work.

I like modifying rather than building as well!

Angry Hipster /

I have an old table I got off CL. When I pull the engine/stand I tie the frame to my garage door rails to keep the bike from tipping over.

I actually want to use some sort of bracket or wood to build an adjustable guide to hold the bike at some point, probably never, lol.

heres one i built from 2x3's and 1/2 sheet of osb. pretty economical and worked well, just hated having to clear the bench to get bike on and off.

iphone1162.JPG
iphone1163.JPG
iphone1164.JPG

iphone1166.JPG
iphone1165.JPG

depending on what your are doing, overhead lifting it a great way to get things at working height.

i use one of these almost daily - independently and in conjunction with a table lift :

but a block and tackle from the rafters works!

Bought a tabletop from a ReStore and bult a frame to make it 3' tall.

So I just made a work table for my moped. After completing it, I would suggest a total height of about 22 inches including the casters (if you want them). Width 20 to 26 inches depending on how much room you have and 60 inches long.

Mine is a bit taller, a bit wider and not quite as long. I have to try and make mistakes to see what works. Oh well.

I used 4 heavy duty metal eyes in the corners to secure the moped with bungie cords. And FYI I used 4x4's rather than 2x4s for the corners.

Hope this helps someone.

Ken

Trash pick a door and put it on milk crates

^ word

Dirty30 Dillon /

Do Your Itself

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Do Your Itself

Came to post lol

I've made a few of them over the years, i've used coffee tables and made tall ones and short ones.

After about 15 years of suffering with various stupid ways of working on mopeds, this is what i've finally come up with, the table height is like 25 inches, not too tall, but not too short. Its nice to be able to hop up on the bike to start it while its on the stand, or check position of handlebars, or stand on the ground and reach controls, then if you need to work on something on the 'low side' of the bike you can sit on a chair or stool.

I also have 4 locking casters i snagged off some office equipment, so i can roll it over by the welder or whatever.

DSC_0160.JPG

I was in harbor freight...

Because I received a gift that I had to return.. while in there I saw this hydraulic flat cart... They have two sizes but just get the cheaper one and add some wood to it... It's super nice.. I know it's not DIY but I was returning a Chinese MIG welder that I knew you wouldn't be any good plus I didn't want to burn down my she shed

IMG_20190822_232349.jpg
IMG_20190917_040850.jpg
IMG_20191006_140851.jpg

i like the she shed and hydraulic lift. Classy.

Yea, super cool.

I built this during the summer and it's a game changer.

DIY Variable Height Work Table 36.jpg

Seems the lift would limit access on that side

> P D Wrote:

> Seems the lift would limit access on that side

Yes, a little, though it's long enough that I can move things as needed.

It's similar to Joseph Waldridge the 2nd's table and around the same price. I like that his is easier to move around while loaded. I wanted the one I built to be very low to the ground so I can more or less use it as floor space when down... (edited)

Can we stop saying "she shed" now?

I can just store mine under the shelf when I'm not using it.... In my she shed...

IMG_20191105_223755.jpg

> Joseph Waldridge the 2nd Wrote:

> I can just store mine under the shelf when I'm not using it.... In my

> she shed...

Fine, I'm gonna build a she'er she shed. (edited)

Double Trouble Dan /

Found an old black and decker workmate in the trash . Bolted a 6 foot piece of 24 inch wide plywood to it and a free table was born. I do have a vise attached because of how much i use it. Comes apart and folds flat in minutes . Storage underneath helps too.

Pictures when I get back home

Here’s my setup. I repurposed an old dresser. Well it’s old now; it was my wife’s. I made some improvements to accommodate my bad back, like the Lazy Susan style top so I don’t have to get up. And an overhead hoist helps too!

(Note: This is not the proper way to repair a moped.)

Double Trouble Dan /

Here is my work table . Simple , but it works .

IMG_8857.JPG

Light weight too ^

I have a steel shelf from a department store screwed to the bottom of a tool box and a 2x4 frame bench on wheels. The plastic drawers I found in the trash, fit right in the bottom shelf.

F111A1FE-A1E3-4782-A6ED-F1A901A07D59.jpeg

15738575566179150857718512946753.jpg

Overkill but worth it. So tired of things tipping over.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

> Marc Friedman Wrote:

> >

> Overkill but worth it. So tired of things tipping over.

I had the HF motorcycle lift as well. I loved it. I paid $200 for it about 15 years ago. I sold it last summer for $175. I basically used it for 15 years for $25. Not too shabby!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account