Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

Captain Janeway /

David-- I love the purple Puch! Awesome color as a first bike. If you were my dad I'd think you were hella cool! Have fun with your build.

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

We have all had our ups and downs in life and Lord knows I have definitely taken the wrong path many times but this time it's truly most fun path I've ever been on.... Mopeds Rock!!!

When we were all kids mopeds were not cool, let's just face it

They never ran right and we could never fix them because there was no research there we couldn't afford to go walk into that garage for those guys are fixing dirt bikes and have him fix mine for free... When I got my first Tomos 2 years ago...my mind was blown when I was researching videos and performance parts and seeing what was available and what were they doing with them and I couldn't believe it I had the A3 engine and I needed the a35... My fiance who is an old friend of mine and we dated years ago and I don't know why we stopped but anyways she is the best in the whole wide world... So I got my bullitt TT running one Summer and that winter I knew I needed another moped with the A35 engine... I found a nice 19 96 white step through and it had a title and it was beautiful so I went and bought it.. I knew I was going to have to start by taking the engine off and rebuilding it and putting it on my top tank... So I was delaying the process some more and talkin my fiance's ear off about mopeds night and day because it was just getting started and I didn't even realize it... At this time I had never ridden one that has been fast or fun but I love that 2-stroke sound and I knew something inside was gearing up... Work was kind of slow and I was in between jobs in the Union and I saw another moped for sale and I went to check it out even though it was $300 and I did not have the money to buy it... But when I got there to see it it had looks so much different than the picture he showed me because it had been stolen and mangled up but the engine was still great... If forks were bent and yet rigged up some throttle cable that you had to pull on and asked me if I wanted to test it and I told him I would never ride it and I'm upset that it doesn't look like the picture and he said would you offer me anything.... So I gave him $125 and he was happy and I left... I'm still talking to my fiance every day and every night about mopeds and driving her crazy because I want to get a bigger piston and put the kit on... Spring is finally coming in and I ordered my stuff I yank that engine up that bike put all my stuff on it and when I put it on my top tank I knew I found something special... It blew my mind and if she thought I was talking a lot about it before oh boy was she ever in for a real treat.... Now I'm to the point where every day I come home and I'm addicted to working on them and I get ideas about them and I cannot get away from the garage... She still didn't want to ride it so what I did was she told me that the top tank was too tall for her to swing her leg over and she didn't like that about my bike... I said well why don't we put a kit on the white one and we'll ride together.... And then I found out how to get tags...and then we went on our first ride and went on our first rally this summer and I haven't stopped talking about it ever.... She's pretty much ready to blow her brains out but she sees how it affects me and makes me happy and I feel like we all have demons and this helps me get away from those demons that have been chasing me my entire life... She loves it now I always make sure she gets good parts and her bike is perfect and I don't mess with it because let's face it, we're never happy... Everyday show ask me how my day was and I start off by saying it was good but I got a new idea about mopeds... So currently I've run out of performance stuff to put on the bike and it's still not fast enough so I've been building this chopper style from the old step through Tomos frame and everything's coming together and I'm finally happy because it's comfortable and it's awesome and I love it and I cannot wait to get home and ride or wrench anytime I can... She always knows where I'm at and she's very supportive and we're really both enjoying our time together... I keep buying these bikes because my son is 5 years old and I keep picturing him and his buddies out in the garage and I want them to be working on them and keeping them out of trouble and will be fun and I already know all the ins and outs... I love my family very much and I love mopeds very much and now I'm on my way home so I can do some more work on my mopeds...

IMG_20191020_054259.jpg
IMG_20191006_101224.jpg
IMG_20190831_130359.jpg

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

> Joseph Waldridge the 2nd Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> We have all had our ups and downs in life and Lord knows I have

> definitely taken the wrong path many times but this time it's truly most

> fun path I've ever been on.... Mopeds Rock!!!

>

> When we were all kids mopeds were not cool, let's just face it

>

> They never ran right and we could never fix them because there was no

> research there we couldn't afford to go walk into that garage for those

> guys are fixing dirt bikes and have him fix mine for free... When I got

> my first Tomos 2 years ago...my mind was blown when I was researching

> videos and performance parts and seeing what was available and what were

> they doing with them and I couldn't believe it I had the A3 engine and I

> needed the a35... My fiance who is an old friend of mine and we dated

> years ago and I don't know why we stopped but anyways she is the best in

> the whole wide world... So I got my bullitt TT running one Summer and

> that winter I knew I needed another moped with the A35 engine... I found

> a nice 19 96 white step through and it had a title and it was beautiful

> so I went and bought it.. I knew I was going to have to start by taking

> the engine off and rebuilding it and putting it on my top tank... So I

> was delaying the process some more and talkin my fiance's ear off about

> mopeds night and day because it was just getting started and I didn't

> even realize it... At this time I had never ridden one that has been

> fast or fun but I love that 2-stroke sound and I knew something inside

> was gearing up... Work was kind of slow and I was in between jobs in the

> Union and I saw another moped for sale and I went to check it out even

> though it was $300 and I did not have the money to buy it... But when I

> got there to see it it had looks so much different than the picture he

> showed me because it had been stolen and mangled up but the engine was

> still great... If forks were bent and yet rigged up some throttle cable

> that you had to pull on and asked me if I wanted to test it and I told

> him I would never ride it and I'm upset that it doesn't look like the

> picture and he said would you offer me anything.... So I gave him $125

> and he was happy and I left... I'm still talking to my fiance every day

> and every night about mopeds and driving her crazy because I want to get

> a bigger piston and put the kit on... Spring is finally coming in and I

> ordered my stuff I yank that engine up that bike put all my stuff on it

> and when I put it on my top tank I knew I found something special... It

> blew my mind and if she thought I was talking a lot about it before oh

> boy was she ever in for a real treat.... Now I'm to the point where

> every day I come home and I'm addicted to working on them and I get

> ideas about them and I cannot get away from the garage... She still

> didn't want to ride it so what I did was she told me that the top tank

> was too tall for her to swing her leg over and she didn't like that

> about my bike... I said well why don't we put a kit on the white one and

> we'll ride together.... And then I found out how to get tags...and then

> we went on our first ride and went on our first rally this summer and I

> haven't stopped talking about it ever.... She's pretty much ready to

> blow her brains out but she sees how it affects me and makes me happy

> and I feel like we all have demons and this helps me get away from those

> demons that have been chasing me my entire life... She loves it now I

> always make sure she gets good parts and her bike is perfect and I don't

> mess with it because let's face it, we're never happy... Everyday show

> ask me how my day was and I start off by saying it was good but I got a

> new idea about mopeds... So currently I've run out of performance stuff

> to put on the bike and it's still not fast enough so I've been building

> this chopper style from the old step through Tomos frame and

> everything's coming together and I'm finally happy because it's

> comfortable and it's awesome and I love it and I cannot wait to get home

> and ride or wrench anytime I can... She always knows where I'm at and

> she's very supportive and we're really both enjoying our time

> together... I keep buying these bikes because my son is 5 years old and

> I keep picturing him and his buddies out in the garage and I want them

> to be working on them and keeping them out of trouble and will be fun

> and I already know all the ins and outs... I love my family very much

> and I love mopeds very much and now I'm on my way home so I can do some

> more work on my mopeds...

I enjoyed every punctuation-less word of this post! I could feel the excitement! My kids are 5, 7, 8 and 11 and they ALL want mopeds! RIDE ON!

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

Wife is a white knuckle rider and prefers her own hobbies. Her daughter ran into a mail box on first ride...never rode again. My adult sons join rides when they can and get along with the moped crowd. Great having them along. Used to ride R6 and FJR together, but rippin' on mopeds is more fun. Other daughters could care less.. can't wait for the grandsons to grow up. Any 3 gen families riding out there??

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

Trent Anderson /

Not necessarily riding together, but I helped out a local teen with parts for the moped he was restoring that his mom and grandfather rode.

Love that purple puch!

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

Trent Anderson /

The wife and I go round and round about how messy her bedroom can get. I've posted pics on this thread of one bike on her bed and I think there's a pic somewhere on the site of 2 bikes on the bed.

I had these three bikes in the living room to work on last night, the wife was with one of the boys in the hospital for a biopsy, one thing led to the other...

1006200312a_HDR.jpg

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Did you just sense time loss ...

?

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

Dirty30 Dillon /

I've had bikes all over my house, but there's no fucking way I am putting a bike on my bed

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

What ever keeps it interesting for you . LOL

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

That's a firm bed...

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

Trent Anderson /

There's a couple table leafs under the blanket that the kickstands sit on.

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

my wife wasnt into mopeds until she rode the yellow motobecane 40T i built. then she was going to some moped mondays and even a few rallies. Now, with 2 kids, shes been too busy with other stuff for mopeds but still supports my addiction.

40T_EF_wreching.jpg

then i gave my dad a moped in a box, rebuilt engine included and now i spend more time riding with him than anyone else. My dad spent lots time on motorcycles in his youth and, as i expected, his maxi build was way nicer then nearly all the peds i have built. We has plans to go to more rallies this year.

fathersDAY5x7.jpg

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

I have a great wife. She used to ride a Kawasaki 250 Ninja but at 60 she thinks she is too old. Now she is looking at my CL100 thinking to try again. I think she would love one of the new Honda Step throughs. The Trail version if I was to have my way. I do way more trail riding than street riding these days.

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

Well when you meet your wife at a random moped group ride, and fix her broken throttle cable, you know she is gonna be down with the addiction. She has been nothing but supportive and encouraging in my hobby. She has a blue garelli RS and always wants to go ride. Her kids like riding with us too, but no one is ever interested in wrenching with me. We plan on making out to some rallys next season. Good times!

20200621_093251.jpg

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

My wife laughs at me and refuses to ride one , she said to buy her a sportster if I want her to ride and says mopeds are lame

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

Randy Oehlerking /

My wife hated my moped "obsession" when we first started dating. I was always "going to rallies and on rides" and not spending my summer weekends with her since she had no desire to join. Her mother at some point told her "if it's what makes him happy, what right do you have to take that away from him?". Since then she's been more understanding and has even come to a few rallies (to mingle, not to ride) and has gone on a few local rides with me. I now use the excuse that I bought that new bike "for her" and she just smiles because she knows it's bullshit.

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

Probably Fred /

I’ve been married 40 years since mid September!

when my wife met me I played in a band, I had dirt bikes and Mopeds and I was into outboard motor boats also,

I said I would never give up any of those And my future wife excepted it especially after I took her for a one hour ride dubs on a Honda Elsinore dirtbike!

I was completely transparent in what I was and how I’m gonna proceed with life,

My wife excepted it and we have three wonderful children and two of the three are motorheads like me And two of the three are married and one of the three I have grandkids,

Motorhead people in a motorhead community are great!

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

Congrats,Ken! My wife can't ride because of a back injury. I sure wish she could. Kids like only cars. One son is a heck of a good mechanic.

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

No one cares.

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

I don't give the tiniest f*** what my wife or anyone else think. If you feel you need the acceptance of others in what you enjoy, (ped-wise) that is truly sad.

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

My wife has adjusted to my ways—collecting is in my DNA. It used to be cars, then boats, watersports gear, now mopeds. I came up with a way to make it clear that my quasi-hoarding phases were my “saving accounts” and all have resulted in nice cash flow when I decided to change up. Got through to her by pretty much begging her to try one of my bikes, which went well. That same evening, got her looking at moped porn here—pictures section. Showed her a tricked out, super nerdy, OG style Moby (whitewalls, leg shields, panniers) and that did it. She’ll have her own any day now and we’re supposedly going to work on it together. We’ll see. She also suggested a “ moped date”, so I guess things are moving along nicely. But,... there’s this stash under tarps and other miscellaneous crap she doesn’t know yet are ‘ped projects...

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

Trent Anderson /

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

My ex-gf broke up with me and abruptly ended an 8+ year relationship we had the very day I brought home my Newport. She took one look at it and said "Thats it. I'm leaving your ass. Your single." This was back on April 7. Fast forward to now. I got a new girlfriend whom I've been dating for the past two months who is only 24 years old, just out of college and a former hs/college cheerleader (I'm 46 btw) and she loves the bike. She almost always sits next to me when I'm wrenching on it (she likes riding 2-stroke dirtbikes so shes not afraid to get her hands dirty)

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

My son loves anything that makes loud noises. Sometimes he asks if we can get the moped out and start it. So this was his (and my dad's) last birthday present: https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?2,4475875

My daughter doesn't like loud noises, but I think she might really get into the 1965 honda cub I'm rebuilding. She has helped me wrenching in the past.

Last summer I brought a moped to my wife's familys lake hopse and a bunch of them rode it.

Good times.

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

Totally normal JBOT /

No way you literally got broke up with over buying a moped? That’s the best thing ever

Thomas Peffer wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> My ex-gf broke up with me and abruptly ended an 8+ year relationship we

> had the very day I brought home my Newport. She took one look at it and

> said "Thats it. I'm leaving your ass. Your single." This was back on

> April 7. Fast forward to now. I got a new girlfriend whom I've been

> dating for the past two months who is only 24 years old, just out of

> college and a former hs/college cheerleader (I'm 46 btw) and she loves

> the bike. She almost always sits next to me when I'm wrenching on it

> (she likes riding 2-stroke dirtbikes so shes not afraid to get her hands

> dirty)

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

No bullshit that is exactly how it went down 🤷🏼‍♂️

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

So, GF was sitting on side guy for 2 years and really looking for a way out. Side guy got new apt with indoor pool/spa and she pulled the trigger on moped.

Get tested dude.

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

> Thomas Peffer wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> My ex-gf broke up with me and abruptly ended an 8+ year relationship we

> had the very day I brought home my Newport. She took one look at it and

> said "Thats it. I'm leaving your ass. Your single." This was back on

> April 7. Fast forward to now. I got a new girlfriend whom I've been

> dating for the past two months who is only 24 years old, just out of

> college and a former hs/college cheerleader (I'm 46 btw) and she loves

> the bike. She almost always sits next to me when I'm wrenching on it

> (she likes riding 2-stroke dirtbikes so shes not afraid to get her hands

> dirty)

Marry her forthwith! :)

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

> Thomas Peffer wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> No bullshit that is exactly how it went down 🤷🏼‍♂️

She wasn't happy and would have found another reason to leave you. When one door closes another one opens. Congrats on being true to yourself.

Re: How do THEY feel about your mopeds?

She doesn't care.. I got a shed. So she got the garage back. 8)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account