What do I have?

Hey all, thanks for having me. Ok. I'm a military man living in Japan and a friend just gave me an old Tomos with 475km on it. Cleaned it up and would like to learn what I have before moving forward.I think it's an A35 Classic that was only sold in Japan but what do you guys need to help me be sure? VIN#, Engine#? Photos?

Re: What do I have?

All , but mainly pics . ;)

Photos mainly, but it's probably a Classic I or Classic II.

I doubt it's the clap. Pics would help tho.

All jokes aside, it's probably gonna be an a35 based standard tomos with a few small changes. Only the name was specific to Japan. The bike was sold in Europe and the us as well.

Dirty30 Dillon /

The Classic were A35 restricted models sold well after the A55 had made it to every other platform. Very cool to see in Japan though.

Heads up pretty sure you need to register and insure mopeds to ride on post.

Here's a couple pic I took. Hope it helps. I'd like to install a 70cc Airsal kit with larger carb and exhaust.

IMG_2.jpg
Tomos VIN#.jpg
Tomos Engine.jpg

Engine Numbers.

Tomos Engine Number.jpg

One with side covers installed.

IMG_1.jpg

With that paint job, be careful the commanding officer doesn't want to grab it from you. I could see that being ridden around the base.

I like that color looks sweet.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

That is a good looking tomos! Upjetting the carb and throwing a new pipe on would work wonders, those stock curvy tomos pipes are very restrictive. Whatever you do, keep the carb under the tank, the straight shot intakes really help with power. The aftermarket curvy intakes suck plus they are only 13.5mm (not the 15mm advertised). Id drill your intake out to about 14.5mm than get a 15mm sha. Also, any of the cheap 70cc kits are decent to run.

Thank you Jimmy

> Trent Anderson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> With that paint job, be careful the commanding officer doesn't want to

> grab it from you. I could see that being ridden around the base.

No shit! That olive green actually looks good.

Black out all the chrome and silver parts with flat black.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account