My first ride

David Herrera /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

So, I finally got my 77 Batavus HS50 running. It's my 1st moped. I have ridden and built motorized bicycles before, but this is just a different beast all together. I am absolutely in love with this old bird. I live in a rustic village in western Massachusetts... and it's what we call "leaf-peeper season"... where all the tourists from everywhere fill our little village up to look at the change of the fall leaves. At least half of them are on motorcycles. You know, the big bloated mopeds with no pedals? Lol. Seriously though, I've gotten to know a lot of bikers with my motorized bikes and they all just love you as long as it's got two wheels and a gas motor. Well, I know I had a MASSIVE grin on my face the whole time... plus there may have been some "whooping" and happy screaming from me too... Got her up to 25mph (that's the top for this model) on flat ground.... and the bikers just kept smiling right back at me. One may have giggled... but I am just so happy and excited and damn if it wasnt worth all the work! So I had beautiful scenery, a massive smile on my face and the absolute pride in fixing it myself. A lot of you folks chimed in and helped me along the path. Thanks :-) Now I want to find another junker and fix it up :-D I have 4 kids who will all need one eventually ;-)

Screenshot_20191020-143306_Video Player.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account