Moby 50V manual

Would anyone have one for this they are willing to share. I just bought one and don't know a thing about them. And/or a good informational page...

Thanks,

Ken

Re: Moby 50V manual

The Wiki here has a lot of information, but I'm sure it is avail to download, I had one but sold it with the bike. I know a bit about them and many on here know even more, did you have a specific question? Sundaymorningmotors.com used to have manuals avail do download, maybe check there?(edited)

Further there was no key with the moped. How do I deal with that.

Ken

The key is for the fork lock, it is not an ignition. :)

Thank you! See, I don't know a darn thing about this.

Ken

Find a key that fits the hole . Then simply re-tumble the lock for that key .

No problem man, this site can be a big help, my first moped was a 50v back in '83...got away from them a while, this site has every imaginable type on it, have a thick skin, and you can learn a lot here!

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Find a key that fits the hole . Then simply re-tumble the lock for that

> key .

Ya don't need it, it is a lock, and not a great one at that. :)

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ya don't need it, it is a lock, and not a great one at that. :)

Do the thieves know that ? ;)

Yes they do, but where I live most people think the key is needed to run the bike, I have since sold it, but I would leave the key in the lock and take it out, (without locking the fork) and go inside, bike was never touched. :)

Good you live in a decent place .

Bad you have to put up with tons of snow for months on end .

I use to , on both counts . Now , no worries .

^ you sir are lucky, I have a question for ya, re: rv living, will pm it as it has nothing to do with this thread. Where I live is pretty decent, did not used to be, but the train is coming through, and they are cleaning it up to the point my rent is going way up! :D The snow can suck, IF you are not prepared for it. I work a late second shift, so I'm spared the ignorance of many of our drivers.

Repair manual is not quite as handy as researching posts on MA or looking in the Wiki. There are some clever folk who can help with all of your snags and point you in the right direction.

New to mopeds then read Freds Guide also available in PDF flavour

Seems that old Samsonite luggage key blanks work in Motobecane steering locks if you are patient enough to pick the one installed. Otherwise you will need to drill out the old and install the new. The steering lock for the serie 50 Mobylette can be purchased from MopedLand UK for £10, includes 2 keys or get the blankplug for £3 from the same folks.

Disclaimer:

Buyfrenchiemoped.jpg

Best place for parts for this kind and age of moped?

Treatland.tv

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account