E50 Dart motor

Randy Waterman /

Evening guys (and gals). I have a few questions I can’t seem to get answered. I bought a Puch Dart (mini maxi) a while back, in the middle of building it but I ha e some questions about the dart motor. First off, I can’t seem to find any info regarding the differences internally between it and a standard e50. Post on here said the cases vary, but I’ve also read brief comments about it having a different starting mechanism. Also, I bought a second dart motor, and it’s (hopefully) going to be a super stock setup. I’ve been looking for piston rings, since I now have 2 stock top ends and 2 pipes. Anyone know where to get them? Or what other rings would for? Also on another note, I bought an additional front fairing, and found that it’s a dark red, like all other Darts I’ve seen on here are. My complete one (build project) has 250 original miles and all the plastics and owners manual. But it’s a richer more orange red than the dark red that all the others I’ve seen are. Anyone know if this was a color option? Not too much info on colors, and all the plastics match color wise

Re: E50 Dart motor

Randy Waterman /

Also as a side note, mine actually says mini maxi on the side covers, not sure if that helps in determination

For many of your engine questions you can look up the Puch AD motors

The wiki has some info on that different type of starter clutch

i have one apiece. in usa, darts came red. mini's came red/orange. a definite color difference......my understanding, mini's were targeted euro market. darts usa market....mini's still managed to find their way here. mini's also came in a variety of color. darts red only.....i would think, if you saw anything other than red/orange mini here, it would be super rare.

reverse cut gears, 3 shoe clutch are a few diffs....rings are easy to come by. treats, 2fast, dos cycles, denny's, myron's, i use them all for aftermarket, nos parts.....

IMG_0030.jpg

im missing leg shield, and stator side cover for the dart, and have been looking for said parts for 13 years with no luck.....soooo i made a ripper out of it...if ever find the parts i'll restore to original.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account