how to order bootleg parts by lowest price.

how to order bootleg parts by lowest price.

yes, the manual will tell you the specs of any part. its your decision when to go out of manual to do your repair.

It is always possible to get electrical parts with higher specs and cheaper prices by going out of manual. electrical parts are easy. say the manual says the headlight is a h4 30w 600 lumen halogen bulb. a 5w h4 800lumen led headlight bulb is brighter costs $1.40 shipping incuded. but now you can run a tiny gel battery or the holy grail of electrical repairs, the battery eliminator.

carb swaps without jetting. I have a 360 honda twin. two cylinder. thats a few less cc's than the free carb that comes with the el chepo lifan crate 200cc motor. 160cc vs 200cc. hell yes is this close enough that I can run this carb without changing any jetting. pulls throughout the range with no flat spots. this actually is a quality part. it has a new tech needle valve. I can leave the gas on all night and not be flooded the next day! 30$ for 2 with modern wire mesh pods. under the removable made in china sticker the casting says made in japan!

petcock, order by engine size. my gas tank is honda 16mm bung. I ordered the bootleg 16mm honda 500cc petcock. 6$ shipping included. works fine but had a problem. there are 2 types. one is rebuildable the other is rivited. rivited is crap. the rebuildable petcock is a qualaty part. its easy to see in the sellers pics. the reserve tube is brass not plastic and has a plastic screen that fits over the brass tube. and the plate that holds the lever has screws not rivits.

pipes, 2t pipes are tuned to engine size. 4t are not, you can throw out the mufflers. db killers in the manifold pipe only requires 2 tiny holes in the pipes to secure the screws. this does not ruin anything. you could easily put mufflers back if you want. you won't, and will be happy to rock cafe style.

antiques and lemons. my 360 has a design flaw. its a lemon. the camchain slipper, guide and tensioner are defective with an antique design. after replacing the stock parts 3 times in 2k miles I went out of manual. knowing todays reparirs is a valuable skill. there are 2 out of manual repairs. I saw a pro repair. the pro took another top end, one with a tensioner and swapped it out. I did not have another top end so I ordered a modern kz440 slipper. had enough of the broken slipper to make the quide. bracket to fit the kz was easy. used 1 inch cold rolled band irin from home depot.tensioner is home made busa style made from a bolt and a threaded piece of cold rolled band cut to size. best 20$ I ever spent on ebay. quality time with an angle grinder and hand drill.

bought a '74 kx125 2t. tranny stuck in gear. no replacement part is avalible. obsolete and no longer sold. the guy started the repair, found the broken spring and gave up. looked at the pics on ebay and ordered a shift shaft spring that looked close. again a few minutes with the grinder. used the old spring as the bushing. 3k miles later sold it for 3 times what I paid for it because I streeted it.

moral of the story. think, go out of manual. read enough repairs to know how its done today. use common sense. how did I street the kx. I know from the british sites they use a 38t rear sprocket on small 2t's. to get a brit motorcycle license you need to ride a 125 first. ok, no problem except its not available. got a rear sprocket from a pit bike. drilled 4 holes to fit the antique rear wheel bolt pattern. could not dill it. was way to hard. put it on my stove then heated till cherry. let it cool slowly. waied 2 hours than drilled the holes.

did I do something wrong? you know the old mechanics saying never tamper with temper. did I fuck thing up? this is where common sense plays a part. they make aluminum rear sprockets. thats way softer than un heat treated steel. anyway 3k later no wear.

Re: how to order bootleg parts by lowest price.

damn, i like that head idea to soften the metal. pro choice my friend.

Then just retemper the steel and away you go.

Same-same to how it was done back before the internet and the ability to order online and get parts inless than a month or more...

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Problem with that is that Sprockets and Gears aren't compketely Hardened Through, if you judt harden them "normally" they could Crack and Break.

> Chöschi21 C.K. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Problem with that is that Sprockets and Gears aren't compketely Hardened

> Through, if you judt harden them "normally" they could Crack and Break.

you missed the point. rear sprockets come in aluminum. aluminum is way softer than cold rolled steel. no heat treatment is necessary for a rear sprocket. 3k no wear.

the guy who said same today as yesterday without internet is a bit off too. found this pit bike rear 428 38t sprocket on the jt website. they have the specs for all available sprockets. that's how I found one close enough to drill the antique bolt pattern. used the internet to find this sprocket.(edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

"No wear after 3k"

Nice, because all the wear is on your chain. This is the reason they use soft sprockets.

After the comments made concerning LED's and AC/DC wiring in another thread, I would take any info from The Chicken with a grain of salt.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> "No wear after 3k"

>

> Nice, because all the wear is on your chain. This is the reason they use

> soft sprockets.

>

> After the comments made concerning LED's and AC/DC wiring in another

> thread, I would take any info from The Chicken with a grain of salt.

they are right you are the biggest troll on the site.

what part of what I wrote is not true. just because you can't understand what I wrote does not make it wrong. I studied ee. you did not.

I'm even going to call you out as a troll for the whole group. specifically what is wrong with anything I wrote on any post here on this site? you can't.

you are another idiot without common sense writing crap you know nothing about. that is not true about this site people here are smart and know that most rear sprockets are made from steel dumb ass.

you really think I'm going to cry about a 428 chain ever?(edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

> el pollo Wrote:

> they are right you are the biggest troll on the site.

You obviously haven't been here long enough to even contemplate what are true troll is on this site. Calling you out on your bullshit understanding of motorcycle electronics is not trolling, it is an attempt to educate people reading that everything you say is not the gospel truth.

> what part of what I wrote is not true. just because you can't understand

> what I wrote does not make it wrong. I studied ee. you did not.

Where is your degree in Electrical Engineering? I studied psychology in college but you don't see me writing scripts or advising people how to deal with trauma, now do you.

> I'm even going to call you out as a troll for the whole group.

> specifically what is wrong with anything I wrote on any post here.

>

> you are another idiot without common sense writing crap you know nothing

> about. that is not true about this site people here are sharp and know

> that most rear sprockets are made from steel.

What are you calling me out on? Not giving you a pat on the back for being bad at something? Sounds great.

As far as what you posted that was wrong, I don't have the urge to reiterate everything from the AC/DC thread, I think your own stubborn inability to understand the conversation beyond the one class you took in college speaks for itself.

> Dirty30 Dillon

called you out to answer what is wrong with anything I wrote on any post. your douche bag reply with more nonsense has been seen by the fine people on this site.

I knew you could not do it, dude you have been outed as the biggest troll on this site.

I make my own baja boxes and do led conversions to make illegal 2t dirt bikes street legal in ny. you might learn something from me if you shut up and read.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> el pollo Wrote:

> > Dirty30 Dillon

>

> called you out to answer what is wrong with anything I wrote on any

> post. your douche bag reply with more nonsense has been seen by the fine

> people on this site.

>

> I knew you could not do it, dude you have been outed as the biggest

> troll on this site.

>

> I make my own baja boxes and do led conversions to make illegal 2t dirt

> bikes street legal in ny. you might learn something from me if you shut

> up and read.

I have read everything you have posted, and it's nonsense.

"HoW tO bUy BoOtLeG pArTs"(edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

Maybe you an Tom should start a support group if you're really that upset:

www.anti-trollarmy.com

went back and read all your stupid comments on my electrical threads. you have no idea what you are talking about.

[quote]Calling you out on your bullshit understanding of motorcycle electronics is not trolling, it is an attempt to educate people reading that everything you say is not the gospel truth.[/quote]

then why am I the only person riding a big boy bike without a battery. kick and go no switches, all led's kicks easily with the headlight on. legal and inspected. I must know something.

my 2t's are dt250, kdx250, ke125, gt185. all are kick and go no battery.

floated ground on the dt. big mistake. never do that again. my understanding of electrical systems is that of an engineer. all the bullshit comes from you and you alone.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> el pollo Wrote:

> went back and read all your stupid comments on my electrical threads.

> you have no idea what you are talking about.

>

> Calling you out on your bullshit understanding of motorcycle electronics

> is not trolling, it is an attempt to educate people reading that

> everything you say is not the gospel truth.

>

> then why am I the only person riding a big boy bike without a battery.

> kick and go no switches, all led's kicks easily with the headlight on.

> legal and inspected. I must know something.

>

> my 2t's are dt250, kdx250, ke125, gt185. all are kick and go no battery.

>

> floated ground on the dt. big mistake. never do that again. my

> understanding of electrical systems is that of an engineer. all the

> bullshit comes from you and you alone.

Maybe you should stick to "big boy bikes without batteries" and leave us free of your useless proselytizing. You are no smarter after taking some undergrad courses than anyone else here. Whether it's in CC's or "degrees," you seem pretty interested in pissing contests.(edited)

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> "No wear after 3k"

>

> Nice, because all the wear is on your chain. This is the reason they use

> soft sprockets.

>

> After the comments made concerning LED's and AC/DC wiring in another

> thread, I would take any info from The Chicken with a grain of salt.

your an idiot. I softened my sprocket, you can't even read.

no pissing contest. I have to ride on the highways to get to local streets. I'm not riding anything smaller than a 125 2t dirt bike over the Williamsburg. not smarter than anyone I just know how to bias transistors and can read any diagram. I know power supplies and basic circuit design. know how and when to design regulators. you stick to stupid comments.

Dirty30 Dillon /

This post belongs in OT, no moped content. It's basically "how to buy from ebay," which is at best a post to be found at the bottom of a Reddit subforum.

If you want, feel free to attend a meeting of Troll Haters Anon in your local area.(edited)

have mixed feelings about this site. there is some real talent here. there also are nasty trolls who just write crap, and people who don't know what they are doing why don't the talented people stop this trolling.

there are people here who think they know what they are doing but don't. how else can it explain buying catseye signals for 180$ when they can make the same for 5.50$. you need no ee for signals.

Dillon does not know ee but has no problem calling names, he has no vision, he can't read and its obvious. this post belongs here. yes, mopeds have rear sprockets. mopeds have carbs. the same pz30 bootleg carb I'm using comes in moped size. signals are the same for mopeds and motorcycle. course mopeds don't use petcocks. how silly of me posting a cheap one.

If some of the smart people don't step up I'm going to be history here. keep this troll look at dillons history on this site. look at his electrical comments on my posts. dillion has no idea what he is saying. at first I just ignored his stupidity. now I'm getting pissed because none of the smart people stand up for me.

here is the deal in black and white. if no one steps up to reign in this asshole no more posts from me.

I wrote a good one. how to wire any moped using the scoot r/r for less than 7$. it's your choice ma. either this cool post or you can keep Dillon.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> el pollo Wrote:

> now I'm getting pissed because none of the smart people stand up for me.

I've been a part of the moped community for awhile now, and have contributed plenty, been to many rallies, and I have fixed more than my share of mopeds here in NYC.

If you can't take some viable criticism, that's your burden.

You can keep taking shots and stuff, but you still are commenting on a moped forum having never owned one. Maybe a more suited forum would give you that pat on the back you're looking for.

Why back yourself into a corner ?

MA is made up of every sort . It's what keeps things somewhat interesting .

Keep posting . If someone thinks less of them , so what ?

But , if the next guy takes what you suggest and makes something better , that's on you .

I'm much the same as you in that I'll make whatever work the least expensive way I can , for the most part .

Anyway , I gotta figure that anyone liking chicken mushroom can't be all bad . ;)

Bad Cadillac™ /

> el pollo Wrote:

>

> how else can it explain buying catseye signals for 180$ when they can

> make the same for 5.50$. you need no ee for signals.

>

el trollo... No one bought them for $180... They were LISTED on ebay for $180, now $170.

And your $5 signals are weak at best, can hardly be seen and are not the same as a total Cat Eye package....

> Bad Cadillac™ Wrote:

> > el pollo Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > how else can it explain buying catseye signals for 180$ when they can

>

> > make the same for 5.50$. you need no ee for signals.

>

> >

>

> el trollo... No one bought them for $180... They were LISTED on ebay for

> $180, now $170.

>

> And your $5 signals are weak at best, can hardly be seen and are not the

> same as a total Cat Eye package....

I don't care if its 100$ for turn signals. its too much on its face. cob led's are bright as hell and posted pics here at idle with no battery. also posted the type of cob led and the cost. you might want to go back and read the posts Dillon says is nonsense.

I really don't care if you go with the total cats eye package, but going with it says a lot about your limitations as a mechanic.

guess the ma rides into manhattan during rush hours when traffic isn't moving. drivers are scary on the bridges. I need gears and cc's to deal with it.

once upon a time I was 15 could not get a real license so I bought a puch maxi. found the carb restrictor and removed it. ported the intake with a rotary file and hand drill. with the biggest front sprocket 45 was as fast as it would go. age 17 got a jawa 90 and got a license. had a hardon for low displacement 2t's ever since. do you hear me Dillon.

there is no one on the ma site who would not like to ride a street legal kdx over the Williamsburg.(edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

> el pollo Wrote:

> do you hear me Dillon.

I do, and I'm not really stressed about it.

You're just throwing a tantrum at this point

El oh el, this thread.(edited)

Bad Cadillac™ /

Here we go again... Your soap box rants are just too ridiculous already.

el pollo

> If some of the smart people don't step up I'm going to be history here.

You can leave at anytime! Your input is also not needed and isn’t really helping anyone so you won’t be missed.

> at first I just ignored his stupidity. now I'm getting pissed because

> none of the smart people stand up for me.

How old are you? You want other people to fight your battles? If you are getting butt hurt because you can’t handle a disagreement online I wonder how you interact with someone in person and don’t share the same views/thoughts.

> here is the deal in black and white. if no one steps up to reign in this

> asshole no more posts from me.

Good. No one cares if you don’t post anymore!

obviously I'm wrong about this site. Im a mechanic on a riders forum. heard enough.

its not my loss. I still am my own title company. I still do legal conversions of illegal dirt bikes in nys. I still will make my own baja boxes. I still will do modern repairs on antique street legal 2t's. I still will post, just won't post here.

you won't get the moped post. no one cares how to wire a bike for 7$, 170$ turn signals is how its done here. softened steel sprockets ruins chains. rear moped sprockets are not steel. mopeds can not use pit bike sprockets. there is no ac or dc stator nor conversions. and the best for last. ungrounding an ac stator to do a full wave conversion is not called a full wave conversion its called floating. does not matter to the people on this site that the type or regulator needed is ordered by using the keword full wave or half wave. just read dillons posts history.

there are only a few with my understanding of ee. I'm every bit as knowledgeable as sprack moto, Oregon motors, superbright leds.

you people don't even see how stupid dillons gets. I understand because I ride bikes much larger than 50cc Im in the wrong class to ride with the ma but to suggest I can't post because I ride in a different class is retarded stupid.

I'll leave it to Dillon to explain how to wire scoot electronics into mopeds instead wasting my time here.(edited)

el pollo,

thick skin noun

Definition of thick skin

: an ability to keep from getting upset or offended by the things other people say and do

She has pretty thick skin when it comes to criticism.

If you want to perform publicly, you'll need to grow a thicker skin.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> el pollo Wrote:

> I still will post, just won't post here.

I'll add this to my list of things to be thankful for.

> Frank Bailey (MOPITT) Wrote:

> el pollo,

>

> thick skin noun

>

> Definition of thick skin

>

> : an ability to keep from getting upset or offended by the things other

> people say and do

>

> She has pretty thick skin when it comes to criticism.

>

> If you want to perform publicly, you'll need to grow a thicker skin.

why bother, I'm leaving it to Dillon. just listen to him.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> el pollo Wrote:

> why bother, I'm leaving it to Dillon. just listen to him.

I'll take it from here, Chicken Man.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account