50cc Puch build

Jeffrey Strichart /

I did start a thread about this one but it got very unwieldy so I am starting over. Will add pics every time I change something. Goal is 60mph with 50cc. Thank you for reading.

R.I.P. my good friend Rip Taylor.(edited)

moped-army-1104b859387d8ac6377b99a4d82fbfcc.jpg
20191005_105348.jpg

Re: 50cc Puch build

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Realistically, I think the only way you'll reach 60 with 50cc is by going with a scooter cylinder of some kind. I dont think any bolt on 50cc cylinders for puch are capable enough, at least not without some serious modification and know how. 50mph with a 50cc is hard enough.

Bad Cadillac™ /

Turbo it!

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

HOW TO TURBO A MOPED:

Materials:

MOPED

CARBEREEEETTTERRRRR

DESK FAN

DUCT TAPE OR RATHER, GORILLA TAPE

SOME GOOD WIT

To read the rest of this article ship the balance of 6 magic bean to Ontario Canada, then tell me where you got the magic beans.

Josiah Radebaugh /

I pRoDucE 10PoUnDs oF boOsT at idLe!

He did it in the 70's

Should be easy to hit 60 nowadays with a mild 50cc

Hell, he might even go 70+

Come on guys, you’re just being rude now. Shut up and let him try it, especially since you all suck at trolling.

I have had good luck with 50cc cylinders on a puch. The tccd is pretty good and cheap, but if you want real nice porting you’re gonna have to look into the Athena 50cc kits. The ajh you can use a small spacer and fit big ole 8 petal reeds in. Also there is a piston port Athena 50 that is really fast, have to go to puchshop.de for that one though. Gonna need a hard hitting pipe to pull gear tall enough to reach 60mph or a super high revving set up to be able to reach 13k rpm. I would recommend the latter strategy, grab a homoet 4p, 6p, or simonini. 50cc cylinders are not forgiving to tune and you will have to do a port map/get your degree wheel out, do a little porting (seriously don’t get wild), space and deck the cylinder/head for proper squish the compression ratio. If you don’t do this it will suck and you will absolutely never hit 60.

Angry Hipster /

He should start a blog with the comments locked, lol. Otherwise this nonsense will (rightfully) get trolled.

So far it looks like the bike is now more uncomfortable :(

"I am not buying a kit for this build. And I am keeping it 50cc. Anybody can bolt on a 70cc kit but how many know how to port and mill and so on. 60 mph from 50cc is achievable. . . "

I love it....It's either some funny trolling or someone being boastful and stupid....either way hilarity ensues.

Step one: How do I cut my fender

Step two: Fuck you guys, I'm going 60!!!(edited)

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

I'm not trying to be rude, I really want this to come through. I wanna see 70's technology with 70's methods.

Angry Hipster /

Also, if someway, somehow he actually manages to do it there will be an epic eating of crow and maybe we will learn some secret 1970s moped wizardry!!

Bad Cadillac™ /

I'm not being rude either, turbo charge that e50!

Jeffrey Strichart /

Guys I don't mind the troll stuff. It just makes me more determined to pull it off. As I know I can. The hardest part will be taking pictures of the speedometer.

Jeffrey Strichart /

> Dirty Mike Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> He did it in the 70's

>

Yes I did. 65.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> Jeffrey Strichart Wrote:

> Guys I don't mind the troll stuff. It just makes me more determined to

> pull it off. As I know I can. The hardest part will be taking pictures

> of the speedometer.

For any credibility, you will need a camera onboard aimed at a phone with a GPS speedometer.

Bad Cadillac™ /

I'm still not being rude here. I just made my e50 faster by having the head milled down myself. Therefore I'm interested in learning some of your tips and tricks.

Josiah Radebaugh /

I really cannot wait to see the results! Go fast cheap sorta thing. Just to see how ya'll were cooking in the 70's

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

Apparently one of my school teachers testifies for this case of rippin moped is the past. She said her brother's friend had one with a 0-60 of 1 minute. But at least it had one!

Josiah Radebaugh /

Who was that Alex?

Jeffrey Strichart /

Ok guys gals just remember this is a winter project. I do it as time and cash allows. Right now I am building the chassis. It has to be as safe as I can make it before I hit pavement with it. I just converted my wheels to sealed bearings and overhauled the brakes and put on new tires. I would like to complete it before the cold sets in but not sure if that will happen. But I will update pics as I go. I do appreciate the interest in this project.

Jeffrey Strichart /

> Angry Hipster Wrote:

> Step one: How do I cut my fender

>

> Step two: Fuck you guys, I'm going 60!!!

He's right you know.

Jeffrey Strichart /

Got the little beast running today. Baseline 23 mph. 37 more to go.

Jeffrey Strichart /

Btw I am trying to build this bike for utmost safety. Here are the chassis parts I have for installation. Convert hubs to sealed bearing. New tires. New brakes. New heavy duty shocks. New EBR forks with brace. New headset bearings. New Robot swingarm. All new cables. New sprockets 17/40. New chains.

Is there anything I may have missed? I need this bike to be TIGHT before I go tearing down the road on it. I will post pictures of all the steps. Maybe they can help someone.

Thank you for reading.(edited)

It’s definitely possible but such a heavy build.

I literally believe people on here don’t understand transmissions and gearbox’s. You know how much mph and torque we are loosing to the lame moped clutch configuration. Like what the fuck someone should just make a 12speed gear box already for mopeds.

The biggest god dam govern on the bike is the clutch configuration. You could probably go 50mph with barly even tunning the motor by adding a 6speed gear box.

Jeffrey Strichart /

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> It’s definitely possible but such a heavy build.

>

> I literally believe people on here don’t understand transmissions and

> gearbox’s. You know how much mph and torque we are loosing to the lame

> moped clutch configuration. Like what the fuck someone should just make

> a 12speed gear box already for mopeds.

>

> The biggest god dam govern on the bike is the clutch configuration. You

> could probably go 50mph with barly even tunning the motor by adding a

> 6speed gear box.

I will be paying attention to the clutch later. I am taking care of the chassis first, hell I have all winter to work on the engine. Probably gonna have the frame chromed at some point.

Powder coat will last just as long , look as good and cost a lot less .

Jeffrey Strichart /

> P D Wrote:

> Powder coat will last just as long , look as good and cost a lot less .

You make a good point. Powder coating is the way to go. Thanks!

Jeffrey Strichart /

> Bad Cadillac™ Wrote:

> I'm not being rude either, turbo charge that e50!

I have considered that, wouldn't have a clue how to do it though.

Jeffrey Strichart /

> Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Wrote:

> > Jeffrey Strichart Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Guys I don't mind the troll stuff. It just makes me more determined to

>

> > pull it off. As I know I can. The hardest part will be taking pictures

>

> > of the speedometer.

>

> For any credibility, you will need a camera onboard aimed at a phone

> with a GPS speedometer.

I have the 80mph speedo. That will probably have to suffice.

Josiah Radebaugh /

If I could get match I'd love to powder coat my restoration. Powder coat is some strong stuff, had a friend who wrecked his bike on gravel and skidded for about 6 feet. Not a single mark...

I must've missed something along the way, are you planning on trying to hit 60 with a ported stock cylinder or a 50cc kit?(edited)

Jeffrey Strichart /

> Josiah Radebaugh

>60 with a ported stock cylinder or a 50cc kit?

Yes sir. I will be porting the stock cylinder myself.(edited)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account