Some Help: Pacer with Morini m01 Dies Randomly

Hey friends.

So my 1977 Pacer with the m01 recently started dying randomly mid ride. All of a sudden the bike would just slow down and engine will die. After waiting a few mins it would start again, only to die again.

This just started happening. Before that, smooth sailing.

Should be noted that before all this, when I first bought it, I had a shop replace the spark plug and boot, new condenser and clean out the gas tank.

There deff was gas in the tank. So what can this be? They cleaned out and checked the carb and replaced the petcock, fuel line and filter as well not too long ago, so that's fresh.

Tonight did happen to be extra cold outside, if that has something to do with it. Maybe bad spark?

Thanks.

Re: Some Help: Pacer with Morini m01 Dies Randomly

Chris Carleton /

Check your gas cap to see if its venting. Loosen cap and see if it will stay running.

Double Trouble Dan /

The float is sticking.

Crud in petcock? Check flow into carb,thru the banjo filter. Could also be like said above,clogged gas cap vent.

Josiah Radebaugh /

Give your carb a good cleaning.

Benjamin The Wandering Pacer /

What plug and jet are you running? Weather can effect performance.

Pushrod Fifty /

Sounds like a bad condenser. Got me a few times.

Yes condenser. Move it outside the engine when you replace it. Also if yours is an early internal ground stator I would add an extra ground from the condenser directly to the engine

To identify what stator type there are numbers on the flywheel. Is yours Dansi or Bosch?

Benjamin The Wandering Pacer /

> John Maxson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Sounds like a bad condenser. Got me a few times.

Could very well be that too. When mine went out it my bike sounded like it was gargling lol.

Pushrod Fifty /

Had the same issue, just off idle the engine would break up. It was a new condenser too. Replaced it with a Standard that I got on eBay that was a NOS, made in USA. Big difference!

Thanks for all the insight guys. I'll try and check out the numbers on flywheel. Sucks if it's the condenser because they recently replaced it. So I will start with the carb. It's an older 14.9 Sha carb.

John - which condenser did you end up finding on eBay? Trying to find but I'm not sure which one is right!

Also the gas that's in there right now is quite old. Probably 3 months old ...so was wondering if that has an impact

Terbo Speghetti /

Start with condenser, it's the easiest

Condenser - STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS DR60 ( rockauto )

- Napa Condenser ECH EP30

Either one of those would work , but you'd have to lengthen the pigtail so you can mount them outside the stator .

Here's a better option :

Bosch VW condenser

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account