Stolen Puch Magnum

Hi all, last night my Custom Puch Magnum got stolen of my street in San Francisco. Was taken from the corner of Turk St and Filmore. Its got a red paint job with some white side stripes and a custom start/stop button. No Fenders and a custom rear light. Please keep an eye out for it if your in the area. My # is 661-478-2687 if you have any sightings. Thanks!

Wyatt Wagner

20190312_172229.jpg
20190930_221738.jpg

Re: Stolen Puch Magnum

I live in San Jose so I'll keep a eye out. Bummer it got swiped.

Angry Hipster /

What steps have you taken so far?

I would plaster that area with fliers offering a decent cash reward.

Contact police

Talk to everyone in the vicinity of the theft for clues.

Scour Facebook marketplace/CL

Post on local Fb groups.

Idk, that is such a nice bike. I really hope you get it back and the theif is sent to prison.(edited)

If it's registered, I would file a police report, if not just hunt for it, see if there are any camera's that may have captured the theft? Check homeless encampments, (carefully). Best of luck with recovery.

campeona del mundo /

police will do nothing. check bum camps and it'll show up eventually maybe. i despise sf...worst city ever. if you park a moped over night your shit will get stole 99.9% of the time.

Angry Hipster /

I would up that reward money to a very tempting amount the hobos will rat each other out for sure

Jeremy Homser /

Dam that sucks. Im working in the city today and will keep a lookout for it

> campeona del mundo Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> police will do nothing. check bum camps and it'll show up eventually

> maybe. i despise sf...worst city ever. if you park a moped over night

> your shit will get stole 99.9% of the time.

They might not actively look for it, but if it is in the computer and it turns up at least they will notify you? That sucks about SF rep....why worse than other places?

Bad Cadillac™ /

> campeona del mundo Wrote:

> police will do nothing. check bum camps and it'll show up eventually

> maybe. i despise sf...worst city ever. if you park a moped over night

> your shit will get stole 99.9% of the time.

You still should file a report with the VIN so that if it does get found and the police are notified, they can match the VIN to the report and notify you. And also if reported stolen, it can never be titled again...

Police also don't look for stolen cars but if they turn up, it just as I described above then.

campeona del mundo /

i mean, go ahead and report it for sure. here's the thing, there's one or two tweakers that have been stealing mopeds in sf for years. within a few days they show up, spray bombed some random color with the vin and engine #s ground off. also, a lot of people don't ever register their mopeds in CA which definitely doesn't help.

Overpriced Parts /

Shame your bike got taken but those are some pretty good pictures of the background scenery, would’ve love to visit that area in the late 70s but now not so sure!

Sucks that people have to take stuff that don’t belong to them and I feel like taken someone’s motorbike is almost like a horse crimes punishable back in the 1800s,

When I lived in a city hood that started to get bad with crime and such I just moved out of the area! (4 times In my life)

USA is so big I don’t understand why people just don’t move away from those kind of places,

Yeah but doing so you may have to give up your legal weed and mild drug abuse/theft policies that contribute to crime because they have to pay for it someway,

So if don’t associate with drug abusers, drug salesmans or anything like that and be willing to turn them all into the authorities and you could have a good life,

If you wanna live in a community that has all that drug stuff, just a ticket for meth a really hard drugs and shoplift up to 950$ for just a misdemeanor charge ticket stuff enjoy having your stuff taken away!

> Angry Hipster Wrote:

> What steps have you taken so far?

>

> I would plaster that area with fliers offering a decent cash reward.

>

> Contact police

>

> Talk to everyone in the vicinity of the theft for clues.

>

> Scour Facebook marketplace/CL

>

> Post on local Fb groups.

>

> Idk, that is such a nice bike. I really hope you get it back and the

> theif is sent to prison.

This^

Its how I got mine back 6 days later. Police were really of no help til I found it and went to collect it. You have good pics, why not print them off with phone number and details or flyers??

Maitland Of the Loin /

You'll see it painted over for sure

Just strongarm the street folks, they don't put up much fight if you push em.

I'll keep my eyes out, but it's better here than Oakland for sure

I'll pass the word around. Recommend you go to police station and file a police report with information about the bike ASAP. This has proven to be useful leverage in past bike recoveries.

Ironic...there is a police station at the corner of Turk and Fillmore.

Police will not do shit if you don’t have it registered, I’m guessing you don’t have it registered correct? You can show them pics of you and the bike and the will tell you tuff luck. Being part of over a handful of moped recovery’s in sf I will say you only stand a chance of getting your bike bike if you go searching around the bum camps. Sf police don’t care, they are just waiting for donut breaks and such. Best of luck with the recovery!

Bad Cadillac™ /

People should always register/plate their bikes, not a good idea not to but I know some do.

I'm in SF multiple times a week, I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya

There’s a chop shop down the street from our moped shop, every now and then we have to liberate a mopeds from them. Seattle meth is something else though, last time this dude pulled a big aluminum refrigerator handle on me. Luckily we had the bear mace in the truck.

punkrock randy /

Some people don’t move away from crime ridden areas because they don’t have the means, that’s why they live there. And poverty pushes people towards crime through desperation. And why do you assume the person who posted this lives there so they can live with minimal drug laws? Like they deserve to have their stuff stolen because they wanna get all effed up. Your post is very hard to digest, but it seems to fit the theme in ‘merica lately:-(

(In response to roffmans post)(edited)

^ Got to agree with this, except that most "poor" people are not thieves, but nearly every junkie I've met will rob you blind first chance they get. Many people can't afford to move, or, now take a breath, like where they are, even if it is not all nice and pretty, it is where their friends/family are, maybe even their jobs. If it's true that it is one or two guys stealing the peds in that area, a bait bike should be set out under video surveillance, catch them, zap 'em with a tazer cuff 'em and turn them and the video in to the cops, if that doesn't slow them down, do more than zap them. The word will get out. Drugs are a bitch, and I feel for the addicted, I really do, but an addiction does not entitle you to others property.

Ken roff is out of touch??? What?!??

Ha, a bit. BUT, one needs to take a step back and understand how that can happen. Live anywhere for an extended length of time and it is easy to think that is how everywhere is. Also, the last 30 yrs or so have seen change (which of course has always been a thing) happen at a rate never before seen in history. This is unnerving to one set in his ways, I'm not picking on him, as I often feel the same way. Just turned 52, and I will not lie when I say my mind is blown by all the tech coming about these days, but I try, (and often fail) to at least accept that it is ok, even if I don't "get" it. Younger folks are not trying to fuck with you, they are just living what they know, at the speed they know. To the younger, remember that you too will be older, and to my age group, try not to bitch about the young, they are just living and loving life as we once did, granted VERY differently. Addiction and thievery are nothing new, but I think because there are just so many more people, and because every mother-loving thing is recorded and reported, it seems worse? I hope the op gets his bike back, and wonder why, as is done in neighborhoods by me, (lower income area's I may add) people don't band together a bit and look out for each other, and their property? In my apt group, the late nighter's, myself included keep an eye on the parking lots and buildings overnight, and the retired and non working types that stay home keep an eye out during the day. There is precious little property crime around here, as the word has gotten out that the people here care, not only about their stuff, but of the belonging's of their neighbors. We see you, we will call the law, and/or deal with you ourselves if the cops will not. Thieves are slackers by nature, they go where no one cares. If we could all accept and get along better, this does not mean you have to be buddy buddy with everyone, but just look out, the thieves would find themselves with more than the law to worry about.

Can we get back to the stolen puch rather then the economics of poverty.

The economics of poverty are why the bike is gone in the first place. :) What can be done to recover it has been outlined, but very little is ever said about how to prevent it in the first place. Just saying. I do hope his ride is recovered, but unless I missed it I did not see a plate...so not holding out a lot of hope, but have my fingers crossed for him. The sad fact is that most bikes are taken not because someone wants a Magnum, but because they are desperate for a fix. Very sad, but potentially preventable, if good people just get together and stand up for their neighborhoods and property.

We are looking for the ped not the details of why it was stolen.

I hope you find it, but people should also address WHY it was stolen.

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> I hope you find it, but people should also address WHY it was stolen.

Shouldn't that be for the 'other topic' area?

I don't think so, but if my idea is not in the spirit of this, move it mods.

I hope u find it very nice looking bike. Don't lose hope just keep looking I'm sure someone in your area knows who took it. Most of the time it's the people in your neighborhood who know where u live and keep it. So be cautious of everyone around u.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account