1960's CYRUS Motorcycle Find-99% complete but need a few things and some INFO.

Just came across a 1960's CYRUS motorcycle that is about 99% complete. If anyone could tell me a little information about this bike that would be great. I do have the entire exhaust (not shown in picture) I am wondering about the model and year of this bike and also I am looking for a few parts. I need the 2-CYRUS tank badges, the air box and a complete gas tank would be great as this one is full of holes. HELP ME PLEASE!

cyrus.jpeg.jpg

Re: 1960's CYRUS Motorcycle Find-99% complete but need a few things and some INFO.

You're going to be very hardpressed finding a new gas tank, your best bet would be trying to braze the holes or maybe if they're small enough coating the tank. Those bikes are super rare

Re: 1960's CYRUS Motorcycle Find-99% complete but need a few things and some INFO.

Thanks for the input. Yes, at least I have the tank to repair and as far as the badges go I can get them machined. You wouldn't be able to tell me anything else about this bike would you.

All i could find about these i posted in the other Cyrus topic, the guy that had that one listed it for sale on ebay. The add is now gone but he might still have it

I emailed him the other day and he had said he was now going to restore it which I thought would be an enormous task. That bike has what I need. Little confused now as to did it sell on Ebay or did he change his mind. Thanks for the information.

Cyrus mopeds were built in Tegelen Holland, so if Bas Autowas is not posting a load of links to find the proprietary parts, then you need to consider having the original tank reworked and scour eBay on a regular for the badges.

Thanks for the input. I forgot to mention as well that I found this bike in a little town in Western Canada population maybe 5000. The town is the home of Nickleback the rock band.

Cyrus mopeds are pretty rare here too, i can't really find any parts, in the other topic some Dutch guy with Cyrus mopeds posted a comment, if anyone could find something its probably him.

Thanks Bas but I can't find the thread where he said that or I would message him.

> Russ Taylor Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks Bas but I can't find the thread where he said that or I would

> message him.

You replied to him in that other Cyrus topic, his name is Chris van Riel

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account