Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.

Billy Stewart /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
QT50USwarningdecals.jpg

bobqt50 are you sure the Yamaha decal on frame is 90 mm long by 25mm high? or is that including the clear background, as when i scaled the text, to 90mm long to keep the correct aspect ratio without stretching the letters, its only 21.3mm high. just to clarify its just the width and height of the actual white Yamaha with the black stroke around it i need the dimensions for, not the clear part of the decal. also can you measure your vin decal and does it look like the one I've circled in red in the image? as you can see there are other labels with french/english that someone on a facebook group gave me a photo off, but not the one for the rear of the speedo. which i have the english only version off, but I'm sure there must have been a bi-lingual one done if they bothered to do the 2 larger battery box ones.

I did the EPA label, but the image I had for a 1982 bike carried a different model number ref on the YAMXXXXX part so i did both, as it may mean a change of model designation.. hopefully it isn't the vehicle VIN number. I also just put 19XX in instead of the year.. i may just put in 19 with a space so people can enter the year in themselves by some method (sharpie.. lol) same with VIN sticker i left out the actual VIN. again for end user to enter by some method.

stanluv.. what country are you in? so far ive only got the UK ones perfected. im nearly there with a generic US set, i think the dual language must be either Canada or France. i still need to clarify that. Im planning on going to the printer and running off 4 or 5 sets to check the quality and clarity. after im happy ill be getting them done in small batches and tailoring them to order. being in the UK postage can be expensive abroad. But i am going to Las Vegas for new year and CES. so i can take some with me and post from there to US buyers to save the import duty and postage from UK. if they can wait!

Regarding doing other Moped/Bike decal sets, as long as there is a demand, and i have enough references to work from, measurements, good clear straight on large photos, and some datum point on the bike itself (especially useful if the decal sits in a recessed stamped part of the frame/tank. But id need to sell more than one or 2 sets to make the time input and research worthwhile. so far I'm only doing it for bikes i currently own. as it makes it a easier task. but im willing to give things a try.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Topic by: Billy Stewart Billy Stewart 09/24/19 09:38PM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: Bob Naske Bob Naske 09/25/19 08:03AM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: Billy Stewart Billy Stewart 09/25/19 10:16AM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: Russ Man Russ Man 09/25/19 02:07PM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: Billy Stewart Billy Stewart 09/26/19 08:57AM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: Titty Bats Titty Bats 09/25/19 10:58AM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: Billy Stewart Billy Stewart 09/25/19 11:38AM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: K Olena K Olena 09/25/19 12:25PM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: Nick MBC Nick MBC 09/25/19 12:36PM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: Bob Naske Bob Naske 09/25/19 12:48PM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: Bob Naske Bob Naske 09/25/19 01:08PM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: Bob Naske Bob Naske 09/25/19 01:18PM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: Bob Naske Bob Naske 09/26/19 05:16PM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: Benjamin The Wandering Pacer Benjamin The Wandering Pacer 09/26/19 05:29PM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: Billy Stewart Billy Stewart 09/27/19 12:50AM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: live ɘvil live ɘvil 09/27/19 09:47AM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: Nick MBC Nick MBC 09/27/19 10:14AM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: Billy Stewart Billy Stewart 09/27/19 01:30PM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: live ɘvil live ɘvil 09/27/19 09:31PM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: Bob Naske Bob Naske 09/27/19 04:24PM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: Billy Stewart Billy Stewart 09/27/19 04:38PM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: Titty Bats Titty Bats 09/27/19 09:44PM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: Billy Stewart Billy Stewart 09/28/19 04:16AM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: live ɘvil live ɘvil 09/28/19 09:34AM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: Barry (Bob) Brown Barry (Bob) Brown 09/28/19 03:18PM
  Re: Decals.. help me design accurate sets.Re: Marc Friedman Marc Friedman 09/28/19 11:49PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account