Re: Choppermos!

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> yeah that bike is so fuckin sick, and what a great story!

>

> i almost like it better ratty than the neon green.

Oh it'll be left ratty! Just made to operate/run good.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Gut a whole bunch a stuffed animals and use them instead of paint...

Make it a sweater of their hides...

Bearings installed

IMG_20190925_202529.jpg

Crankshaft going in

IMG_20190925_203049.jpg

Cases buttoned up

IMG_20190925_204230.jpg

44mm alukit, head, reed block and carb installed.

IMG_20190925_214124.jpg
IMG_20190925_214212.jpg

Here we go! 9am Friday is coming quick!

> Baron Von Hamilton Wrote:

> Here we go! 9am Friday is coming quick!

Tell me about it!

Been up early this morning

IMG_20190926_061218.jpg
IMG_20190926_070928.jpg

great work dude. pretty much knocked it out.

Sweet! It’s coming together!

To add to that story, it was originally built in Dayton in like 2012, I'm pretty sure most of the current aesthetic was done later by the original dude just not updated on that garage page - the custom tank and all.

it wound up in Cleveland like cochera said maybe 3-4 years ago. Our friend Grant had it I think and our friend Dan had done a bunch of work on it too, put the knobs on and some other touches. I don't know but it got sold to someone in like 2016 or 2017, looking pretty much as you found it except with 2 years less dust.

I think it was a handbuilt frame made partly from like a modern Schwinn stingray? I think that's where the forks came from anyway. The rake was kinda twitchy to ride but definitely a funny bike.

There was another dude in Wilmington, I dunno if he was WLR officially, who build a Schwinn stingray chopper tomos custom thing wayyy back.

Coming together!

IMG_20190926_084958.jpg

Now waiting on treats in the mail......

IMG_20190926_122706.jpg

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I only have one comment you should have flipped the tens on the shoes so that they opened toward rotation like the Tomas Factory tool does you use the A3 shoes bye taking the A35 hub and grinding slots vertical equidistant between the sloping a5835 pin slots sorry for the voice app the result is it will move like a demon

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Oh then you switch wait of your tranny fluid switch to like 140 weight or more or less to taste depending on your shoes substrate shoe thickness...

Blaster oil3/4marvelmystOil to1/4 castrol full synthetic trans fluid.

this thread makes me happy

Howd it gO?

> Ana L. of the Aurora Roras Wrote:

> Howd it gO?

Still tuning and getting brakes to work better. So far I've gotten 43mph on 26/22 gearing. It's very different but I like it enough to get it running good and put some miles on it. I've also added a few accessories that I'll post within the next couple of days

So a update on where she's at for now. It's pretty much finished until something breaks.

IMG_20191012_164522.jpg
IMG_20191012_164617.jpg
IMG_20191012_164654.jpg

A couple of added accessories

IMG_20191012_164713.jpg
IMG_20191012_164816.jpg

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Well now that's slicker than snot...

derek from black pipes moped gang 🌧 /

This is really hilarious and strange. Here’s a pic of this bike June 2014 in Cleveland.

99236020-D9E2-426D-9A7B-7F6E6EA4EF69.png

> derek from black pipes moped gang Wrote:

> This is really hilarious and strange. Here’s a pic of this bike June

> 2014 in Cleveland.

The bike just doesn't want to die.....

♣Slew Foot♣ /

That's funny I have a batavus with a choke shop sticker and a Myron sticker I also have a sax with a Swoopes logo

I would never repair a bike that did not have gears. not my style but I have to give credit to such a nice restoration. I ride both local and at highway speeds. in order to ride local I have 1.5 miles of highway to get from queens local streets to the local streets of manhattan. still I have a hardon for 2t. I press my own 2t cranks. cylinder with reeds such a nice touch. glad to see someone else does repairs to engines that beat. really excellent work.

There has to be a story as to why that was in the dump. I'm glad someone could save this hard work! Rare to see a chopper that doesn't look like a deathtrap.

> Ashley Ashley Wrote:

> There has to be a story as to why that was in the dump. I'm glad someone

> could save this hard work! Rare to see a chopper that doesn't look like

> a deathtrap.

The clutches were toast and the cylinder kit on it was a bad kit.it was new but the cylinder was too small for the piston like it was a limon. I had to pry the cylinder off but thought it was because the engine was full of water. It still had cross hatch in it and all! So I ordered a new piston kit and the cylinder wouldn't go on so I'm like WTF? I know o lined up to ring location pins so I removed the rings and the piston still had to be forced in to the cylinder but wouldn't go all the way in. The cylinder measured 43.5mm on the bore. I assume someone ordered it off eBay because Treats, Dos or any of the other suppliers I know wouldn't have sold that cylinder. I assume whoever had it got pissed and was like fuck it.......

cool... heartwarming tale...

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account