Choppermos!

Sooooo I was bored af Thursday and and was looking through FB marketplace (like I have money to send) and a engine caught my eyes! I'm like this are some awfully big ports in those cylinder heads so I clicked on the link. when the link opened something else caught my eyes.(edited)

Screenshot_20190919-095728.png

Re: Coppermos!

Now I'm thinking what the hell is this I'm seeing? I messaged the guy and asked what it was and he's like it's something to go in my man cave. I'm like if you don't mind me asking what is it? I told him I worked on old vintage mopeds and it kinda looks like one. He said it is. I then said I hope I'm not bothering you but can I ask what kind? He then says I'm not sure but if you want it you're welcome to it. I then asked if he had a better pic and he sent me this.

received_2368923773228255.jpeg

Now I'm like what do you mean by I'm welcome to it? He says come and get it and it's yours! I'm like when and he's like whenever! So I'm like now? He says sure and sends me his address and number. I'm like I'm hooking up my trailer now and on my way!

IMG_20190919_112128.jpg
IMG_20190919_114246.jpg

Hell yeah!

Angry Hipster /

Nice score!

We started talking and he clearly knew nothing about mopeds. He said he went to the landfill one day to throw out some old tires and there it was just laying in the landfill! I bought lost it! He said so he picked it up because it looked like something cool to hang on his wall. I asked if he was sure I didn't owe him anything and he was like no. It didn't cost me anything so it's not going to cost you anything. I didn't know what to say because no one ever really just gave me something I really wanted. Well except for Charlie. I got back in my truck and looked in my wallet and I had $57 in it. I took $40 and went back in the shop to give it to him and he didn't want to take it and said I didn't have to do that. I then said and you didn't have to give it to me either now let me at least buy you lunch. He shook my hand and took the $40 and said thanks.

I got it home and of course it's seized but I kinda expected that. She'll be breathing fire again soon!

IMG_20190919_123404.jpg
IMG_20190919_123441.jpg

Charlie told me were it came from and he was right! I also did some digging and it was confirmed!

http://garage.1977mopeds.com/build/Choppermos

Well enough talking for now I have some work to get done if I'm going to ride this to QBC rally next weekend! Stay tuned!

thats fuckin badass

Cool bike, and even cooler story.

Jeremy Homser /

How did it end up in a land fill?

> Jeremy Homser Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> How did it end up in a land fill?

I guess someone threw it there? IDK. The VIN number sticker is still on the head tube so I doubt it's stolen. I posted it on FB pages and it hasn't been claimed so her it is.

Angry Hipster /

Stephen that is a hell of a story about how you paid the guy even though he didn't ask and then you posted it on FB to make sure it wasn't stolen.

I wish you well with the project and I have much respect.

Great find Stephen! Have fun!post pics when your finished.

Holy shit, this thing lived in Cleveland once. It was in the trash? Lol

♣Slew Foot♣ /

that is sheer white trash lawn art

I so love it...

Stephen is a fucking saint and moped Royalty. Fucking glad I can say your a friend of mine. Helping Buzzards kill the fucking game. Can’t wait to see this thing make the trip to Charlotte!

This is probably why it was parked.

IMG_20190921_162815.jpg
IMG_20190921_162900.jpg

It sat in the weather and almost ruined it. This got it in the landfill.

IMG_20190921_164939.jpg
IMG_20190921_165038.jpg
IMG_20190921_165014.jpg

Those rings look like they're pretty well 'seated' . ;)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

damn seized bottom and connecting rod I got like 10 of those they make like cool lamp stands it take the main bearing with the sprocket as the base you put a lampshade on it and one of them crazy bendy flashlights that you get at AutoZone we'll fit right in it and make it like a table lamp

Megasaurass wRexckses /

Oh yeah!

This is so rad, dude!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Every time I look at that I just want to take all my messed up A3 and A35 Conrad's and weld together super cool sissy bar for my Tomas

That things rad af. The chopper look has to be done right, and this one is perfect. Awesome background story too! I found my ciao kinda like that in the bed of a old truck listed on CL. Love it!

Brad William /

I've often wondered if the ultimate job for a cycle collector would be repairing garage doors for a living. All day long. A dozen different garages a day. Can you imagine?

"uh, ma'am…. is that something you're interested in parting with?"

Angry Hipster /

I repaired my garage door the other week. Winding that spring is so scary!! And fatigue sets in and it becomes even more dangerous and scary.

Hats off to the guys who do that full time!

Most people I talked to about my door told me no way they would have even attempted that repair.

> Angry Hipster Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I repaired my garage door the other week. Winding that spring is so

> scary!! And fatigue sets in and it becomes even more dangerous and

> scary.

>

> Hats off to the guys who do that full time!

>

> Most people I talked to about my door told me no way they would have

> even attempted that repair.

What ??? So , you don't think getting smacked by a lightening fast 1/2" steel rod isn't just a weeks full of fun ? ;)

Re: Choppermos!

yeah that bike is so fuckin sick, and what a great story!

i almost like it better ratty than the neon green.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account