Oakland, Berkeley ?

Hi All! any ped riders from Oakland/Berkeley up for a weekend group ride?-Jim

Re: Oakland, Berkeley ?

minutemade /

*wishes he still lived in oakland*..

bumping this ancient post back up.. or maybe that's not how this forum works?

i live in Oakland near Mills and am wondering if any riders meet up anywhere to talk shop and stuff. I have a 78 puch maxi that I'm wrenching on, and as I've found in the VW world, it's good to have others to bounce ideas off of sometimes. the wiki has been really helpful so far and i'm able to get over to 1977 mopeds at lunch time some days when i'm working in the city to ask stupid questions and buy parts I need. I just don't see as many mopeds on my side of the Bay as I do around SF and am wondering if they're out there..

ps, i'm a noob here, so please go easy on me. :)

I have some friends trying to get mopeds to start riding out in oakland, but seeing as how they know nothing about mopeds. It could take a while.

no groms no blasters /

hostin' it

1225301314_bakery.jpg

no groms no blasters /

POSTIN' IT

no groms no blasters /

ok, I used the exclamation points the right way. I don't know what happened there.

haha.. just glad Dellums finally ordered an independent investigation today into the murder of that journalist.

here are some of the mopeds that caught my eye out at lunch over the last few months.. was hoping there were more over my way. these belong to anyone on here?

http://www.biosfear.com/archives/2008/08/puchs-on-poles.html

concordghetto.com /

Hi Rob,

I'm in Concord and are into mopeds and VW's. I'm down to ride.

hmmm .... maybe you should plan some kind of ride for the East Bay and invite us all over??!!

that's what i was thinking.. at least wouldn't mind setting up some sort of monthly meetup somewhere on this side of the Bay.

but, another big question i have.. how could i get my rig over to the city without having to load it in a truck? looks like the fairies don't allow gas powered bicycles on them. neither does BART... crossing the bridge is out of the question. hmm.

ps. just changed my user name to my normal forum handle. don't mean to confuse.

no groms no blasters /

Dumbarton Bridge legally, charge the San Mateo bridge illegally (then write about it here).

See if your moped will fit on a bike rack in front of a bus!

i think we'll be able to cross on the bike mezzanine when the new bridge opens.. new frontiers!

it'll be like an expansion pack

don't ask.

I can hardly walk up Bay Area hills. I have mad respect for people who ride them.

we're starting to get a pretty good collection of mopeds up here in vallejo (8 or 9 so far), and i'm sure you could count at least half of us in for a ride on this side of the bay.

"I can hardly walk up Bay Area hills. I have mad respect for people who ride them."

It's pretty hilly where I live in Oakland. Explains why within a day of purchasing my bone stock 78 puch I was at 1977 Mopeds buying a 15mm carb, intake, and air filter. I couldn't even get up the hills right in front of my house without pedaling before. Now it rips pretty good. Today I'll be in there at lunch picking up a new pipe. So stoked to have a resource like 1977 mopeds so close. :)

nice.. I'm still surprised there aren't more here in the Oakland / Berkeley area. Where are you lurking? I think people are more on the vespa tip..

no groms no blasters /

benadam, I'm sorry to say that the new bike lane is only on the eastern span of the Bay Bridge. Get on board with sfbike.org to bother your local politicians about getting a cantilevered path on the west span.

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

I ride in Oakland can i go?

Crazy Wayne

it isn't just a two way path?

it'll only connect from the East Bay to Treasure Island. there'll be no bike lanes from the Treasue Island side to the city. at least, not for a long while. :(

what's the point of that?!

I live in San Ramon. I'm sure if I left early enough I could ride my bike thru the hills to Berkley.

I wanted to plan an epic ride before it started raining to ride down around the bottom of the peninsula to San Francisco; but eh, too late now.

Hopefully my Bike will be fixed sometime next week, should be good to go!

i think it 's baby steps.. i've heard talk of eventually making a lane on the western expansion for bikes / pedestrians.. but, you can only imagine what sort of controversy that'll create here in the Bay.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account