Accidentally bought a revival.

Details are a little foggy, but i guess i bought a freakin revival for $60 off fb marketplace. I ripped all the plastics off of it and removed all the wiring. It looks like a tomos. I hate that the fuel fill is under the seat limiting my full low position seating options, but yeah. I realy wanted a early blanco with a v1. Id even take a jawa over this pos. At least its got the a35

Re: Accidentally bought a revival.

I will trade you one of my 6 jawas for your revival any day

I think its gonna be ok if i put some hydro ebrs on it and some fake resivoir shocks from treats. The back wheel is wide af. 3 1/4 rear tire. Has anybody seen a 2 3/4 tire on a revival wheel?

Yes that is the stock size tires for revival! I’ve had a few and I love em, get a techno mystery bullet pipe and ripp into the low 40s

You got a revival for 60 bucks and you're complaining? Sheesh!

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Id even take a jawa over this pos.

Your crazy... Revivals are awesome, sturdy machines.

I think its gonna be ok if i put some hydro ebrs on it and some fake resivoir shocks from treats.

Stock streetmate forks are a million times better than any EBR forks you can buy. Not to mention they are disk brake as well. People pay serious loot to get a revival front end so they can mount it to their other moped.

The way your talking im starting to think you didnt actually buy a revival. Pics or it didnt happen!

Yeah, anybody that buys a Revival wouldn’t be complaining. The forks and front brake alone are worth over $60. You got a steal.

Overpriced Parts /

You got a picture of it when it had all the plastics on it ?

No i didnt take one untill i ripped that embarrassing faux tank and friends off. I think ill end up cutting the filler tube flush with the seat bottom and tig it back on upside down, with the tube going inside the frame. I want to get the long racer fiberglass seat pan from treats to fit without being 4" high off the rear hoop.

20190819_175623_HDR.jpg

Plans are long racer seat pan from treats, 30mm ebr hydros for disk, 280mm resivoir shocks, 38mm big reed athena, 15mm phbg and have it pass tech for moped gp stock. Unless the cylinder has to be stock, then ill go a55 top end a35 bottom hybrid.rules just say 50cc so not sure on the kit yet.

Overpriced Parts /

Ya you got the a35 Reed cylinder engine model,

Good find !

Keep the front fender, shaping/painting it way easier than rebracketing a new one to mount/fit as good as that one.

Oh ya that’s if you keep stock forks, which others have mentioned and I would suggest as well. Again, way better quality and ease of servicing/customizing if you keep the key OEM parts like this instead of modifying/re-engineering aftermarket stuff. (edited)

What’s wrong with the forks? Those are way better than EBRs...IMO. I’ll give you a cool $20 for then if you make it to CLT.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

30mm ebr hydros for disk,

This is a total waste when you have those stock forks.

Well, it takes all kinds....LOL! I hope so meone in NC or SC who appreciates great mopeds will take it off yer hands.

It has ebr non hydros that are rusty. I did find just the chrome tubes on treats for $40 each, so i can work with them. Today ill be working on getting the fuel filler neck cut down and re welded so the fiberglass seat pan sits flush on the rear hoop. Ill post up some progress pics tonight. Thanks for all the input on the forks and everything! I appreciate yall

Jimmy Cincinnati /

How bad is the rust on the forks right side? The left looks useable. If you can get new fork tubes Id go that route. Hell im broke and debating making an offer on those, thats how much i would encourage you to fix them. The forks are the best part of that bike. I also like the fat rear tires.

Here ill find some pics for inspiration of what you have...

You should list whatever body pieces your not using for sale. I might be interested in some.

Rear fender was cracked but you welcome to anything else like seat, seat frame, plastics that go around the rear hoop, tool tray, rear rack, oil tank,side bar bracket,handlebars ect. Lemme know if you need any of that stuff for the cost of shipping.

Dude, I have wanted a fucking decently priced revival for so damned long. And people are out here ripping them apart...

Sell it to me and buy the thing you really want!

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Lemme know if you need any of that stuff for the cost of shipping.

Thats very cool of you. Ill check mine out this evening to see what mine needs. My seat might be torn. Ill have to ship something to you so you atleast get a trade out of it.

Dude, I have wanted a fucking decently priced revival for so damned long. And people are out here ripping them apart...

Ive kept one eye open for revivals / streetmates for awhile, finally found one for $200. I couldnt get the cash out fast enough to buy it. Harp facebook / craigslist and you might find one eventually.

I bought a rusty, tatty one with a bad a35 engine for $125. I guess that wasn't such a bad deal after all.

If anyone has a decent revival they would sell hit me up.

I really want a lighter not so wide 17" on the back of this thing. Rear wheel is rusty. This whole bike was not worth keeping as a revival,all the chrome is flaking off and lots of cracked plastic. I just want it to look like a moped. Choppers are cool and all but only the ones three cut up tomos frames high in the front.

kuberg-young-rider-seats-24.gif

Just had a good idea. Trials build! Wide ass mx bars and lil rear hoop angle adjustment. this seat:

You are high. A tomos will never be a trials bike.

Shhh! It might hear you!!! I raise my mopeds to believe that they can be anything i can dream up . A moped is never going to be a chopper either but that didnt stop tomos.

> Dan Catalyst Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Just had a good idea. Trials build! Wide ass mx bars and lil rear hoop

> angle adjustment. this seat:

I think that^ needs to be done .

Every other cockamamie thing has been forced on a moped , but , I can't say I've ever seen one done in the trials spirit .

i scored a beat ess revival off my local fb marketplace for $40 (yes!! lol) about a year ago now

funnnnnn fact,,, the entire front end will bolt up to a hobbit!!! if you want to give your hobbit a disc front end and some decent forks (or better then '77 honda tech). i dont even have a rear brake on my hobbit.

great find!

> Dan Catalyst Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Just had a good idea. Trials build! Wide ass mx bars and lil rear hoop

> angle adjustment. this seat:

I hate that you took that bike apart... but I like where you are going. And don't trip on Daniel, he comes off as a contrarian but he's really a sweet dude.

Daniel was half right. I am high af! i got the bike started today for the first time! It was a bad cdi like i thought. Im kinda torn between this trials build and a moped gp stock class build. Either way, i will not be adding a top tank or roost havock kit(100cc 35+hp piaggio/morini/minarelli horiz $1500 kit). I have some great ideas that may almost fit into the stock class rule book like : the elusive 15mm phbg, a55 top end on a a35 bottom and a custom pipe design ive been working on in 2t wiz that should start building power low(ish) and keep on ripping up high.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account