pa 50 final drive gear oil volume and type

i searched the various manuals and searched posts. Is this known! The factory manual describes problems with over fill but not volume. a vespa version starts spilling out past a certain point because these are basically baths. anyway ill drain and observe. but if someone knows for sure please post.

Re: pa 50 final drive gear oil volume and type

Yeah you just fill it with gear oil until it leaks out the fill hole

Jean-Marie Pelegrin /

Interesting

Marc Friedman /

Well as I said overfill is a cause of issues according to the 1983 service shop manual on the wiki and if u fill until it leaks out by design how does any of this make sense?? What was really sad is that I finally got my wheels on my watercooler and took it for a test ride late last night but whomever last put the oil drain hole nut on must have been a brute and I need an impact drill to remove and that drill is at my buddy Jerry's house. So now instead of easily changing the gear oil it's as usual a major moped ordeal.

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yeah you just fill it with gear oil until it leaks out the fill hole

Where did you read that^^^^???

It took all of 2 minutes for me to find the correct answer Marc.

Screenshot_2019-09-14-10-59-23.png

Marc Friedman /

Thanks man. I saw the table but missed the 90 weight and 75 cc in the picture. That is exactly what I was searching for. U da man.

Yep, I was just digging for my service manual, truly a must have if you can find them.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account