Re: A Challenger Approaches - another e-ped enters the ring

You could buy this one for $3000! (unless he finishes it before sale, then price will go up LOL)

https://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/bik/d/fredericksburg-ebike-cafe-racer-style/6974426472.html(edited)

I fucking love ebikes

Up Volt. Ride one to our rally.

Here's another one, the Brekr

Terrible mileage and way too expensive (4k€) but its got 5 star wheels!(edited)

I really like that design! The rear resembles hardtail choppers. Simple cool lines. Too bad the tech isn't there yet. I cant wait untill we are all building custom e-motos and our cars dont smell like gas when we go to rallies.

no groms no blasters /

> Maitland Of the Loin Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> A battery generally lasts 500-800 cycles, which is roughly 3-4 years

>

> Some of these engine builds don't last that long

my engine builds are all going on 10 years

the trick is to never ride them

There is this thing, looks like it was made right here in MN, may be out of business site is wonky and last comments were from 2018. www.gowattson.com 20 mph standard, 26 mph "off road mode" Price is high, but used may be cheap or "clearance" if out of business? There is a phone number, going to call it later to see what's what.(edited)

20190913_100055.jpg

People probably got tired of pedaling all the time or charging the battery every few hours. Electric's a long way off.

Not in this class of vehicle, claimed 35 mile range, prob closer to 20, but that would work for me, and it could be upgraded, real brake, functional pedals, and with a 20 mph limiter, no plates insurance or even license required. Bike path/lane legal. Not perfect, but with some tweaking would be in the spec's of a stock gas moped.

Sorry, I'd have to mount a tire-scrubber on it to get home. LOL!

Overpriced Parts /

> no groms no blasters Wrote:

> > Maitland Of the Loin Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > A battery generally lasts 500-800 cycles, which is roughly 3-4 years

>

> >

>

> > Some of these engine builds don't last that long

>

> my engine builds are all going on 10 years

>

> the trick is to never ride them

My personal bikes engine builds have 10 years old on them too. Some more like 12 years,

All are registered and ridden many mi every year in rotating fashion every few days,

A aluminum Niksil lined reed induction type kit will last long time with ring (3-5k mi) changes and piston with ring (8-10k mi) changes because it don’t oval out as bad as a iron lined kit does (so not needing a overbore), I run K&N filters and don’t spin much faster then 9,500 rpm so that may help too.

Last fall I changed a high mileage around a 10 year old puch polini kit on a ZA50 magnum that was on its second piston/3rd ring because I got a new polini kit for cheap and other than a larger than spec ring gap it was in great shape inside,

I shoulda just kept the kit and just changed the ring again and left it on because the new kit seemed lighter/cheaper made and needed lot of prep work/had a lot of sharp edges and it doesn’t go as fast either (lost 1-2mph) though it’s well broken in already,

Take care of your Moped and your Moped will take care of you !

True, I've put many thousands of miles on stock engines, but it would be nice to not have to worry about fuel, carbs and storing an engine at all, I never ride more than about 10-15 miles at a time, so an electric would work for me, and I imagine many others, I like the style of the one I posted, much more comfortable than the regular electric bicycles, nice brakes too.

I mean swapping a battery out takes no time, sure it’s expensive right now but that will change in the near future. I bet don changes his tv remote batteries twice a month.

^ Nah, it's always on Fox "News" LOL!

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> ^ Nah, it's always on Fox "News" LOL!

IMG1326450710143926108.gif

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> I mean swapping a battery out takes no time, sure it’s expensive right

> now but that will change in the near future. I bet don changes his tv

> remote batteries twice a month.

I have a tire scrubber on my remote to make sure I get back to Fox news.LOL!

What kind of bothers me about e-bikes is that in the alleged quest to "save the environment" or whatever drives it all, it just creates another ultimately disposable consumer item made up of expensive, environmentally-questionable materials. Lithium for batteries is mined in terrible conditions, much of it in China and the Andes. Copper, steel, rubber, aluminum, etc. -- all of it has to be produced or recycled from somewhere.

Bicycles are great for the environment mostly because they have already been built. There are hundreds of millions of them floating around the planet. You can refurbish a 100 year-old bicycle to operate 90% of the way a modern bicycle does. Mopeds, to an extent, have also already been built. No significant additional plundering of the planet is required to use and enjoy them, other than one gallon at a time Dino juice, maybe a small hunk of aluminum now and then for your top end, a metal-link chain, and some rubber tires every 3 or 4 years.

To mass-produce brand-new consummables like e-bikes, without some kind of infrastructure where spent batteries can be easily recycled and replaced, thus making the the rest of the bike last for decades rather than years, does not quite hit the mark for me. Mass public transportation, biking, walking, etc. has much less impact. But I guess if e-bikes get people out of automobiles, that would be a worthwhile goal.

^^ agreed^^

at this point the enviroment is already fucked. electric vehicles, green energy and all that jazz, it's too late. ebikes are just another item to be sold for profit no one is really doing it for the environment. the "greeness" of it is a selling point, just another gimmick. lets get ebikes because they're better than what we have not just cause they're in vogue.(edited)

Maitlanf Of the Loin /

I mean you say "10 years no maintainence"

and then you detail how you've changed the rings and the piston on it several times

ok

I'll just keep plugging my battery in....

They have 100% commodified being green, but that is because it is what the market is wanting. People want effective and efficient ways to get from point a to point b. Solar panels, rain collection barrels, low energy light bulbs not only are helpful for the environmental gains, but also will lower your annual energy costs.

Just read an article that a 20 year, million mile lithium battery is in the works, Tesla has claimed that on paper it can go 5k cycles with a 97% retention rate. How many I.c. cars have even 90% of the power/efficiency after 100k miles? I’m not saying it’s the only option to go electric, but right now it’s the best one we have.

Quote Daniel:`Just read an article that a 20 year, million mile lithium battery is in the works, Tesla has claimed that on paper it can go 5k cycles with a 97% retention rate.'

Yeah,it's `in the works'...…..check's in the mail and all that! LOL!

How they gonna test it for twenty years in everyday abuse conditions and test for 97% output to boot?

They get one THAT good and it'll add 100k to the cost of the car.

Overpriced Parts /

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> They have 100% commodified being green, but that is because it is what

> the market is wanting. People want effective and efficient ways to get

> from point a to point b. Solar panels, rain collection barrels, low

> energy light bulbs not only are helpful for the environmental gains, but

> also will lower your annual energy costs.

It’s all so good and green is good I agree but only problem is we share atmosphere in this earth with China (and india, Russia to name a few more) that pollute recklessly insane ,

so meanwhile in China while all these green things being made for us by them is this China:

556A638B-1D64-4F3E-9D23-5C1E13C4BDA9.jpeg

Their rare metal processing pollutes land size of some states!

China owns 2 natural gas power plants by me and they wanna buy out/own every coal reserves every fossil fuel possible from USA so they could be world leader

This is all going to have to get sorted out in a few years for the more greener we get the dirtier and Richer they get

Overpriced Parts /

> I mean you say "10 years no maintainence"

>

> .

>

> .

>

> and then you detail how you've changed the rings and the piston on it

> several times

>

> .

>

> .

>

> .

>

> ok

>

> I'll just keep plugging my battery in....

I put about 5-8k mi on Mopeds a year and run 4-6 bikes during the year not to mention most years I buy, repair and ride other bikes for awhile before selling them So ring or rings replacement (I make my own gaskets) is rare/not every year on personal bikes but I do have my favorites and they get more miles on them,

But if I had one hi powered kitted bike yes It would be rings after a year then piston with rings the next year

I NEVER wear out a kit,because I never run them that hard. Plus I use the best oil I've ever seen for the money................Pennzoil Marine synthetic blend and I remove all ethanol from gas when I can. No failures ever.

Maitlanf Of the Loin /

Yeah meanwhile I just keep the same battery and don't maintain the motor because I don't have to

Literally I don't even change the chain on an ebike I have

> Yeah meanwhile I just keep the same battery and don't maintain the motor

> because I don't have to

>

> Literally I don't even change the chain on an ebike I have

If electric buzz floats yer boat, more watts to you. LOL!

The new batteries are graphite based and will be in production as soon as they can I’m sure. Also there is research being done on sulfur based batteries, seeing as sulfur if one of the many many bi products of gasoline production. What polluted the earth first? Strip mines for coal or strip mines for nickel and lithium?

You young-uns need to remember that gasoline,diesel, COAL, wood, underpinned the machine age which BUILT this country and all the other progressive nations.

We have great storehouses of these energy sources and they will NOT be going away anytime soon .

Electric might have its day a few decades from now, but now it is just window-dressing for all the misinformed millennials that are scared out of their wits be cause of liberal lies fed from all the media. THINK about it............

Maitlanf Of the Loin /

Obvious troll is obvious

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account