Vespa Grande & Bravo

I am a total newbie to the moped world. So glad I found Moped Army! Just picked up a 1979 Vespa grande that needs a ton of work. My son and I are working together to get it ready for the spring. I have a friend who is interested in parting out his Vespa Bravo. Here’s the question: Can I expect an overlap in parts? I know the frame and subframe are different between the two models, but what can I expect for variators, clutch, kickstand, anything else? Looking for some real Vespa pros to give me some guidance. Thanks all!

Re: Vespa Grande & Bravo

Drive train is fully swappable. You could swap subframes if needed, but the shock mounts are flipped so it would affect the Bravo fender and the Grande footpegs.

Handlebars, brake levers, lights and so on are all compatible. You can even swap front forks, generally.

I should mention that some things changed on late 80s Bravos. The fork tube diameter increased among other things. If your model years between the Bravo and Grande are close, I'd say you can swap a lot.

Good luck on your project!

Yahoo! Thanks Ike!

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

Hey I was there. Good luck with the grande. nearly everything bravo, SI, and grande are compatible besides the obvious pieces like frame and swing arm, but electrics and light are all pretty much the same.

Josiah Radebaugh /

Oh hey! i was also there. All of the general parts will be compatible.. If you can find someone who weld, it could be reinforced. As I'm sure you saw, it was already kinda welded by me, but I kept blowing holes. Need to get some gas and ditch flux core. I suggest you get a dellorto 13.13 and a high flow filter. You should probably flush the tank and use an inline filter. When it comes to lights, switches and stuff like that, pretty much anything that fits will work. Best of luck with this project! Cant wait to see it on the road again.

Thanks bro! So pumped.

Thanks man! You guys are awesome!

70F88532-363A-471B-A2BB-5C90C655790B.jpeg

There's a moped club in the making!!! Best of luck guys..have fun!

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

hey josiah and I don't look like greasy heathens in that photo, dang. I once thought it was impossible.

Bad Cadillac™ /

Many Si parts are not compatible with Bravo, stay away from the Si parts...

Give it time, my friend :)

Josiah Radebaugh /

@Alex Its just because we're waiting for parts. Didn't have time to get dirrty! A moped group around here would be cool but there really aren't enough people.(edited)

I count three ...

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

I count 2 and maybe 5 if we're lucky.

« Go to Topic — end of thread