NC50 dr kit / mlm pipe / vm20 intake /0.45 boysen carbon reeds/ mikuni 20mm carb

I've just slapped on

70cc Dr Kit

Uprated head

Performance crank

Mlm sidebleed pipe

0.45mm reeds

Mikuni vm20 carb

Vm intake

It seems I'm not getting fuel... Won't kick over and now and then I'll get a little rumble then it's dead again.

I put fuel in directly in the head and it kicked up and started that until it burnt off. I tried revving it when it was burning that fuel off and it changed nothing.

Ordered everything from treatland and I've not changed any jets etc.

Can anyone tell me if i need to change the carb tune or make any other mods...

Cheers!!

Re: NC50 dr kit / mlm pipe / vm20 intake /0.45 boysen carbon reeds/ mikuni 20mm carb

VM20 were designed to use a plastic spacer between the flange and the intake. If you over tighten it on a slightly warped flange that can cause a whole slough of weird issues.

Re: NC50 dr kit / mlm pipe / vm20 intake /0.45 boysen carbon reeds/ mikuni 20mm carb

what's the pilot air screw set to? stock jets are 185main 17.5 idle I think...

What’re you’re main and idle jet

Jack Rutherford /

"usually includes a 180 main and 22.5 idle"

It's all standard as it comes atm, I need to strip it and and see what the stock jets are when i get chance. Should of done it prior to this forum haha(edited)

Jack Rutherford /

My buddy has a similar setup and his will run but no power and will only get to 15 mph or so. That intake doesn't really match the reeds but another buddy has same carb and intake on an nc50 and runs fine.

And they both run tje same jets? Do they both have the same mods too? And the mods being everything i have.also??

Thanks

Pilot jet 22.5 (M28/1001), Needle 4J13, Needle Jet O-6/N-6 (238/332 Series), Main Jet 180 (4/042), Air Jet 0.5, Slide Cutaway 2.0 (VM38/24), Needle valve 1.5

I believe is how it stands

seat the air screw lightly, then back out 1.5 turns as a starting point.

does pulling the "choke" starter enrichment change the behavior at all?

if it's a new style vm20, it's got the external jet. if you unscrew and remove the jet holder, do you get a steady flow of raw fuel from the bowl?

Jack Rutherford /

same carb, intake, pipe, kit

I've ordered the adjustable piece to replace the current 10mm head as not all come ready (smart money maker)

Also ordered main and pilot jets

And I'll reset the air screw once i get home Friday and see what i can get

> ken gilbert Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> seat the air screw lightly, then back out 1.5 turns as a starting point.

>

> does pulling the "choke" starter enrichment change the behavior at all?

>

> if it's a new style vm20, it's got the external jet. if you unscrew and

> remove the jet holder, do you get a steady flow of raw fuel from the

> bowl?

The carb comes with a 180 main and 22.5 idle jet also

Pistons upside down bruh..

I'm pretty sure i installed the piston with the boost window facing to the reed block but will double check just incase i had a brain fart haha

Hearing bits about a reedblock mod for boyseen reeds?? Anyone got any info or heard this too? Apparently it was on treatland

Got mine running after noticing the reed gasket was restricting the reeds ha! Need to tune now

« Go to Topic — end of thread