Finally scored a Puch!!!

So I finally scored a mint 1980 Puch Maxi Luxe with a 70cc Kstar kit on it and only 1200 miles for cheap. Only thing it needs is a speedo bulb which I ordered from treats. The gearing on it is 16/45 I believe. Bike also came with a bigger carb. It pegs the VDO speedometer at 30 mph going UPHILL. All I can say is I'm very pleased with it. Pics to come tomorrow as now it's dark outside. At some point I would like to find an original minty 40 mph VDO speedometer for it (edited)

Re: Finally scored a Puch!!!

40?

Go bigger

What gives, no pic?

Also, what's "cheap"? We wanna know!

Thomas Peffer /

400 bucks. Pics to come tomorrow I promise. I'm so fucking happy that I finally landed this bike (edited)

Good deal, bro!

And by the way, my Free Spirit with the K-star kit buries a 40 mph speedo. Get an aftermarket one, and save the original.

Paul Boyer (OFMC) /

When you score it, post some pics:-)

Thomas Peffer /

Heres some pic I just took of it. Enjoy :)

A1930CC2-9EDB-4A3D-A742-05B10AD5CD24.jpeg
6780CE89-3C17-4A07-BE04-C411C0DCCF8E.jpeg

that shits super clean!

nice pick up!

Looks great! Congrats man!

Thomas Peffer /

I ordered the stock looking 22mm ID cigar pipe and new gasket from treats because theres a small exhaust leak at the header and I want to keep the stock look. The 22mm pipe will still allow the kit to breathe. Also ordered a new speedo bulb since the one that came with the bike is burnt out. Eventually I'm looking for a mintish stock 40mph vdo speedometer for it as well also a new light/horn switch and kill switch because the ones on the bike are faded. Not to mention I want a longer Puch seat for it (edited)

Thomas Peffer /

By the way the sprockets on it are 16 front, 42 rear

Thomas Peffer /

UPDATE: I decided to keep the boss pipe on it. I also put on an 18 tooth front sprocket. Gearing is now 18/42. Finally got ahold of a NOS 40 mph vdo speedo. I replaced the original .6 watt speedo bulb with a 6 volt 2 watt bulb and now the dial lights up bright at night. Bike starts first kick every time. The guy I bought it from must have really taken meticulous care of it because even the inside of the gas tank is rust-free. All in all a very nice vintage moped :)

Robert Linhares /

Very good looking bike that is obviously going to an excellent new home.

Congratulations. If you're happy, we're happy.....unless you are Doug Raymer who is running for Chief of Police in the book "Everybody's Fool" by Richard Russo.

Rayner's business cards were printed like this:

"I'm not happy until you're not happy."

Very clean machine!

Bad Cadillac™ /

Nice bike, congrats! I like that pipe too since its chrome and "stock" looking.

If that speedo bulb blows again, go LED nest time. (edited)

Good deal!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account