Any way to get Pacer/Morini headlamp brighter?

Hey friends -

I'm wondering if there's any way to get my headlamp on my 1977 Pacer w Morini m01 brighter? I understand that it's an older 6v system and only shines when it throttles and that's just the way the wiring system is...but, even so, the headlamp is so dim it doesn't really light up anything before me at night.

Any way to get it beaming?

Re: Any way to get Pacer/Morini headlamp brighter?

Wiring attached for reference.

Screenshot_20190902-103232.png
Screenshot_20190902-102540(2).png

Rob, I believe some bold individuals have used LEDs with success. Do a search. This has been of interest to me also.

AFAIK it's AC current to the headlight and taillight. I didn't look at the diagrams yet.

Did this on a puch magnum 6v points setup. Got a 6v regulator running to the head and tail light. Sure LEDs dont like AC but they're plenty cheap to replace if they do ever burn out and serve their purpose. Others have said that the beam pattern is not conducive to a LED bulb but at the end of the day they are mopeds and I always suggest additional light sources aside from the crappy headlights of old

Interesting. Was the light noticeably brighter when you put the LED in?

The taillight and brakelight bulbs were installed backwards by my morini's PO. 5V is tail and 10V is brake. I removed the speedometer (didn't work and had a bulb). its definitely a little brighter; doesn't take much in a 6V 24W system

> Full Tuck Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The taillight and brakelight bulbs were installed backwards by my

> morini's PO. 5V is tail and 10V is brake. I removed the speedometer

> (didn't work and had a bulb). its definitely a little brighter; doesn't

> take much in a 6V 24W system

But was this with LEDs,Fowler?

Benjamin The Wandering Pacer /

> Rob S Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Interesting. Was the light noticeably brighter when you put the LED in?

Forgot to mention that I was also running a red LED tail light. Yes the headlight was noticeably brighter but the bulb I had didn't project forward very well. I have been thinking of trying to do it up right and try again with a different LED model.

Oops, 5V and 10V should be Watts

And no, these are not LEDs. However, if I'm gonna use LEDs, ill start with the rear bulbs and then up wattage of the front bulb.

Show me picture of headland bulb, enclosure , front and back please.

Rob S.

I just want to say THANK YOU!!

That beautiful diagram is invaluable!!

Not sure if it's yours to claim, but damn that's nice.

Terbo Speghetti /

There's a legend that you can flip an ignition coil over to make a 12v lighting coil out of it, but I've never tried

you can double the power output by ungrounding the stator and running a full wave r/r and a cap.

this repair is not really needed today because led's are bright as hell and the current draw is so little. all that blinky bike 3 aaa battery crap are easily subverted. for me its all about getting a stable dc voltage to run lights.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account