Yamahopper carburator

What is the carburator supposed to look like on the inside where the choke cable goes in? It is like the spring is so compressed with the choke off, it doesn’t even change if the choke is engaged. I have attached a picture is anyone can help me.

Thanks

3CE04D67-B6E0-43E8-BB53-9AFD440F8EB8.png

Re: Yamahopper carburator

With the choke spring compressed that much your choke thumb lever should be all the way to the left-choke is on. Push the choke lever to the right and you should see the spring and end of choke cable get longer. Also check that original style air cleaner for a plugged foam pad inside. Better yet once it's running get a $15 metal mesh cone style air cleaner 28/29 mm diameter. Engine will get more air = more speed.

I may have that backwards. will check mine tomorrow.

Jack Rutherford /

yeah it looks like you just have the choke engaged. move the choke lever to the right

My post was not backwards and agrees with Jack

Anne Brown /

Thank you so much gentlemen. I really appreciate all your help.

What if the choke is not engaged and the spring is still so compressed how do I fix it?

Thanks again

Seized cable. Remove the cable assembly and try to free it up. They're not available from Yamaha anymore so hopefully it's not broken somewhere inside. Or it's wound wrong/twisted/jammed at the thumb lever.

Anne Brown /

Would this be the right inline air filter you were mentioned?

28mm metal mesh air filter for PHBG + VM18 from Treatland?

Operate the lever while watching the enricher plunger so you can see how it moves. When you move the lever from RUN to COLD the plunger should not move until the cable slack has been taken up. If you find that the plunger doesn't move until the lever has moved about 1/8th of it's travel then the cable slack is probably OK. You will have some spring tension even when the lever is in the RUN position. That tension helps hold the pieces together. If you find that the plunger moves immediately as you move the lever then you will have to adjust the cable for some slack. Here's how: When everything is assembled and the lever is in the RUN position slide the rubber adjuster cover up and adjust so that the cable's slack is about 5mm (or about 1/8th total lever travel).

moped-army-14512945c5b3a43d18ee4e558f8dd9c4-Copy.jpg

Anne Brown /

Thank you very much Den 23. I will try this out

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account