44mm treats airsal head

Brad William /

Quick review at treatland….

taco eater : Goshen Mopeds from goshen, IN United States

this is a "new style" head. it works, and does what it should, but the fin pattern doesnt match and looks horribly ugly when paired with the airsal 65

Really? Dammit. And yes, that matters to me. Anyone, possibly, have a pic of this combo together?(edited)

Re: 44mm treats airsal head

Like anyone will be looking at 45 MPH ? LOL

Re: 44mm treats airsal head

If it matters to you then stop riding a moped

Re: 44mm treats airsal head

place the head in Buy and sell or trade it for tthe correct one...

1111..jpg
1111.jpg

Re: 44mm treats airsal head

Overpriced Parts /

Make your own !

Re: 44mm treats airsal head

Brad William /

> Bob Selby Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> place the head in Buy and sell or trade it for the correct one...

Link to the one you suggest? None that I could see at treats match your image and are 44mm. Does the "correct one" mean that it will fit well with this?

https://www.treatland.tv/puch-airsal-kit-p/puch-airsal-44mm-kit-02030844.htm

this is the kit that had the comment I quoted above.

I emailed treats and was told that this was the appropriate one for the 44mm airsal e50 cylinder/piston that I received from them.

https://www.treatland.tv/custom-cut-44mm-high-compression-head-for-PUCH-p/custom-head-015.htm

I have not ordered the head yet.

I've got a few OEM e50 heads laying about. It would be easy for me to bore a new 44mm squish area but I know nothing about dome shape, volume, etc, so I'd rather just leave it to the "pros" for just 60USD.

Re: 44mm treats airsal head

Brad William /

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Like anyone will be looking at 45 MPH ? LOL

If it matters to you then stop riding a moped

Sorry little guys... no troll biscuits today. Maybe tomorrow:))

Re: 44mm treats airsal head

> Brad William Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > P D Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Like anyone will be looking at 45 MPH ? LOL

>

> If it matters to you then stop riding a moped

>

> Sorry little guys... no troll biscuits today. Maybe tomorrow:))

NO troll . Simply offering perspective . ;)

Re: 44mm treats airsal head

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

im the one that left the review. yes, it is the correct head for the 65 airsal, no, the fin pattern doesnt not match and it looks ugly as fuck. a stock head or a 50cc high head both work just fine as well. personally, i will be going back to using the 50 hi head until the cut heads match. the performance gain isnt nearly as noticeable as the oblong ugly af mismatched head. troll away trollsters.

Re: 44mm treats airsal head

> ***Vanilla Thunder*** Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> im the one that left the review. yes, it is the correct head for the 65

> airsal, no, the fin pattern doesnt not match and it looks ugly as fuck.

> a stock head or a 50cc high head both work just fine as well.

> personally, i will be going back to using the 50 hi head until the cut

> heads match. the performance gain isnt nearly as noticeable as the

> oblong ugly af mismatched head. troll away trollsters.

You seem to saying that you gave up performance for looks . Is that right ?

Re: 44mm treats airsal head

You do know that turning the head 90deg and/or 180 degrees the fins will match close enough to look good enough to pass the test...OR... get the OLD style fin head...

1111...jpg

Re: 44mm treats airsal head

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You seem to saying that you gave up performance for looks . Is that

> right ?

there isnt a tremendous amount of performance to give up TBH. the airsal 65 is the go to kit of the shop. ive installed a few dozen this year alone. the difference between the cut head and a stock or 50cc high head is negligible. but yes, you may not think it but when ive put those heads on customer bikes its the first fucking thing they say. "why does the motor look all weird, is that supposed to go like that?". you gotta give the people what they want. personally i really wish treats would just use the old style heads to carve these up because they really do look horrid.

Re: 44mm treats airsal head

Brad William /

Thanks for sharing that VT. If you could post up a pic of the head mounted I'd really appreciate it.

And what carb do you like with this 44mm airsal?(edited)

Re: 44mm treats airsal head

Brad William /

Interesting. Can the experts weigh in? I have a few cylinders and heads laying around of uncertain provenance.

One of the heads is identical to the treats head recommended for the airsal 65 kit.

It is larger, longer fins than the airsal. The dome is also offset from center 90 degrees different than the airsal kit when the decompression seal, and exhaust arrow, are aligned with the kit. So yes, if the decompression hole is plugged, and the head is mounted 90 degrees "off", then it is a better fit but still larger. Larger is good.. better cooling, but still looks a bit odd.

It almost seems like a mistake altogether. The head in question seems to fit a different cylinder than the airsal.

I'll try to post pics tomorrow, but it looks like the head fits the larger "hi torque" iron lined cylinder and the airsal 65cc is designed to replace the smaller all aluminum head.

I'll figure it out tomorrow.

Re: 44mm treats airsal head

> ***Vanilla Thunder*** Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > P D Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > You seem to saying that you gave up performance for looks . Is that

>

> > right ?

>

> there isnt a tremendous amount of performance to give up TBH. the airsal

> 65 is the go to kit of the shop. ive installed a few dozen this year

> alone. the difference between the cut head and a stock or 50cc high head

> is negligible. but yes, you may not think it but when ive put those

> heads on customer bikes its the first fucking thing they say. "why does

> the motor look all weird, is that supposed to go like that?". you gotta

> give the people what they want. personally i really wish treats would

> just use the old style heads to carve these up because they really do

> look horrid.

OK , thanks for that^ . I'm learning . ;)

And , the customer isn't always right , but , it is their money , so ...

Re: 44mm treats airsal head

Brad William /

"old style" "new style". I wasn't aware that they were described so.

The head for the all aluminum cylinder is the old style and the head for the iron sleeved hi-torque is the new style?

Oh well. Guess I'll order it, plug the decompression hole on the airsal 65 kit, and mount the "new style" head on my "old style" kit rotated 90 degrees. Looks fine I guess and better cooling. Webbed fins so probably less ringey/noisy than the "old style".

Yeah, why did treats pair these up in the first place?

Re: 44mm treats airsal head

> Brad William Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>Webbed fins so probably less ringey/noisy than the "old style".

>

Do those heads really have a 'noise' ?

If so , you could buy a foot of rubber rope at the hardware and cut cushions that fit between the fins .

Some of the older bikes used that trick with good results .

Re: 44mm treats airsal head

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

"old style" heads refer to heads that have to same pattern as the open transfer stock cylinders, the #1-5 cylinders with a square intake port.

"new style" heads refer to heads that match the pattern of the "hi-torque" cylinders, the #11 and #22 type cylinders with closed ports and a round intake port.

the fact is, the airsal kits fin patterns are a dead perfect match for the "old style" heads. let me see if i can show an example.

the red maxi has a "new style" "hi torque" cylinder and head.

the unicorn maxi has an airsal 65 with the regular "old style" 50cc hi compression head from treats

you can see right away how much larger the hi torque head is, how the pattern is different, and why they dont look right on an airsal. the airsal fin pattern is identical to the old style cylinders.

received_619641725049734.jpeg
70303048_954228654924371_5532399394621489152_o.jpg

Re: 44mm treats airsal head

Brad William /

Every air cooled engine has more, or less, fin noise. Ever ridden a "sunburst" head sachs from the penton days?

How it's tuned makes a difference, of course. I've had a few out of tune peds that commenced to howlin at certain high rpms that drove me nuts. It's worse in fact with earplugs in since the plugs only cut the highest freqs so the mid range howls seem amplified.

Re: 44mm treats airsal head

> Brad William Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Every air cooled engine has more, or less, fin noise. Ever ridden a

> "sunburst" head sachs from the penton days?

>

> How it's tuned makes a difference, of course. I've had a few out of

> tune peds that commenced to howlin at certain high rpms that drove me

> nuts. It's worse in fact with earplugs in since the plugs only cut the

> highest freqs so the mid range howls seem amplified.

I'm sure you must have better hearing than I do . I recall , years ago , hearing a bit of fin noise . Haven't heard that in a very long time .

Re: 44mm treats airsal head

Brad William /

For anyone else who finds their way to this thread the head can be ordered from the Netherlands here

https://www.puchshop.de/cylinder-head-psr-65cc-airsal.html

I priced it, shipped to my door in Michigan, at 58USD. Not bad at all.

The whole kit is available as well, with head, shipped, for about the same, or a little less, than the kit without head at treats.

Re: 44mm treats airsal head

Brad William /

https://www.puchshop.de/airsal-65cc-44mm-head-om.html

102.00 USD to Michigan

Wish I'd found this in the first place

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to reply to this thread?

We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first you'll need to login (or create an account).