Finally made money with mopeds

Trent Anderson /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I taxi Amish to support my moped habbit, normally hauling passengers in my Honda Civic or whatever car I have at the moment for around a dollar per mile.

One of my regular passengers just got married a week ago and needed to look her best for her first church. She wanted to iron her dress and her husband's suit, but she had left her butane powered iron at her parents' house. She gave me a call to see if I could pick up the iron for her and bring it over any time soon.

It's also Geauga County Fair season and her new house is just north of the fairgrounds, so I knew I would be fighting fair parking traffic. Well, either fighting fair traffic or an opportunity to introduce hundreds of people to mopeds!

I drove the car home after she called, slipped on the old leather jacket, borrowed my daughter's school backpack, and was able to deliver the iron by incorporating a 14 mile moped ride. As I drove past the fairgrounds, I turned some heads and made people smile. (Either that or they were laughing at me) I even saw a couple who were friends of the bride.

Oh, yeah, I charged her the $10 I normally would have charged her had I taken the trip in a car.

I got paid to ride my moped!

Sixty more trips like that and this bike will be paid for.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account