Locked keys in my 2005 honda metropoleton

Hey really need help getting into my moped after locking the keys in while I was drunk (wasn't trying to drive it just move it) if anyone know a way to get in let me know I cant Afford the locksmith right now and it's my only way of getting to work. If there's any tricks to this PLEASEE help a brotha out!

20190731_183337.jpg

Re: Locked keys in my 2005 honda metropoleton

Drill out the lock, it can be replaced later.

Pics of the lock? Is it operated via a cable from the ignition or is it a separate keyhole under the seat? Usually you can get creative with removing a few specific body panels to access and disengage on scooters but it depends on what type

Once you get them out you can fix a wire or tie a string to the handle mechanism on the inside of the trunk and have it long enough so that you can route it down and out somewhere discreet so you can pull on it to open it from the outside if you ever lock your keys in it again.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I had a metropolitan (which is a scooter NOT a moped) and the seat pops open from the ignition switch.

I don't know if they still do this, but if you had your registration and the vin, you could go to the dealer and they would make you a key, buy 2 :)

Lol. Keys.

Don’t know what year Sammy’s was but try this: Remove foot pegs, unscrew and remove the floor panel, remove the cover under the panel, locate wires and cables, pull the one that goes to the seat lock.

Probably Fred /

> jayson sumpter Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Don’t know what year Sammy’s was but try this: Remove foot pegs, unscrew

> and remove the floor panel, remove the cover under the panel, locate

> wires and cables, pull the one that goes to the seat lock.

Yep find that cable if you have to cut it through the sheath if you have to pop that sucker get a new cable if you have to or have a non locking seat

You might be able to GET a small screwdriver in the ignition just far enough to push in to GET the seat to pop

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account