Getting Tomos VIN

Might be a weird question, but I'm trying to figure out how to get the full VIN based off of just the six digit number stamped on the engine? I have one of the custom Motomatic Sapporo bikes which never had a title. Wasn't a problem when I was in Seattle and didn't need to register it, but now I'm in Wisconsin and need to get that done, and not having a full VIN or title is a bit of a problem. Already contacted Motomatic and they weren't much help. Said there was never a title and just kind of left it at that. I could certainly g through a ton of hoops to get one issued but it would mean a ton of work. (edited)

Re: Getting Tomos VIN

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Lie about the year say it was before they had the 24 digit it only has a 6. You could ask the manufacturer because you were in contact with them the MCO number which would give you the prefix for the VIN you can get title with an MCO basically that's what it comes with off the ship otherwise you could take it to a salver somebody that has a salvage license or a warehousemen's license and you can have them get it a salvage and then sell it back to you and then with their receipt you can apply for title look into the states extended vehicle inspection basically it's to register homemade bikes the title there is also a method for just like advertising it in the newspaper for 30 days and bringing it to the court and signing an affidavit. And the judge can issue you a clearance on any previous titles like it extinguishes any legal title to it and then you can go through the whole process and title it through the court it's what would happen if you found a moped on the side of the road and it had a damaged van or you could not find an owner attached to the VIN number or the title or it was never titled like you or yours if you knew somebody in PA you could run the extended vehicle inspection on it and just issue your own Vin

Re: Getting Tomos VIN

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I know as little long rambling and incoherent that I hope you could pull some valuable information about that that can be translated to your own state

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account