Would Tomos fit inside Toyota Prius?

Simon Belmont /

Hi, I was just wondering, if Tomos St would be able to somehow fit into Toyota Prius perhaps if disassembled?

Has anyone tried this? (edited)

Re: Would Tomos fit inside Toyota Prius?

You wanna put a 2-stroke moped in a shmancy hybrid car?

Have you ever tried to clean oil out of car upholstery?

Don't know if it's comparable, but I fit a Sprint in the back seat of a Subaru Forester just fine. (edited)

Simon Belmont /

@Tuck, before transporting the bike would be drained out of all fluids & trap would be placed inside before the bike is loaded.

I have put my Tomos Sprint inside of my 2007 Toyota Prius before without removing the handlebars or anything else. Obviously you'll want to put down a tarp to keep the car clean, and I wouldn't do this for a long-term trip, but it works in a pinch.

WRX

14570213_932465406859113_3679114254336691715_n.jpg

Simon Belmont /

Nice, thank you for the info!

I have been able to haul various mopeds, one at a time, comfortably, in the back of a 97 Honda Civic Sedan, with the trunk closed. The rear seats fold down making the trunk area larger. I would then have to remove the pedals (not necessarily the cranks), and loosen, turn, or remove the handlebars from the fork. Drain fluids first, of course.

I have hauled 2 bikes with them both hanging the front wheels out of the trunk and the trunk tied or bungeed down for a good 80 miles. It was a year ago, so I don't remember if I had to remove both seats to do this. Prepare to breathe in some exhaust fumes due to the trunk not being fully closed.

lay it down w the back seats down.

Take front wheel off and drop handlebars. Ive gotten 3 inside my yaris hatchback before (snug as hell)

I stuffed a top tank Tomos in the trunk of a Camry once. Had to take off one side pedal and one side turn signals though. Also, could not close the trunk. So I had to tie it down with rope so it wouldn't flop around in the wind. Like other guy said, had to fold seats down and have part of it sticking out. Front wheel I think.

If I remember right, a Prius is a hatchback. So if you can fold down the seats, drain all the fluids from the moped, and take off any protrusions (like pedals and turn signals) on one side... I think with a tarp laid down you could transport it easily. (edited)

Peds fit in my two door hatchback Yaris. Front seat scooted up helps, but I've had a passenger before when doing this. This one probably didn't have any fluids to spill out.

IMG_20190826_150126__01.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account