Vespa wiring, just wondering

moped-army-252201c3bd94f2a80ee0902456b3a6d3.jpg

Ok, I got Vespa 2 running .sorted out the throttle problem.purrs like a kitten. Now, I did some wire replacement. Once I did some studying. I found the wiring wasn't molested and shit rigged, so that was good. So the main bunch from the handlebars somehow ended up under the tank over the years and rubbed them raw. Lotta exposed wire rubbing. I got the proper 18 gauge and repaired them. Found the chase along the tank where I believe they belong .replaced all missing grommets. All new wire and connections under splash pan to the tail light green & blue. So it's running nice, on / off working, brake light ok, horn, no lights. So should I start with the obvious and change bulbs? Or check my wiring I replaced? I found the proper wiring diagram on WIKI. I'm pretty sure I got it right. The light switch may also be the culprit? Any thoughts? PS there's a burned out festoon bulb in the headlight case. But I don't think that would be the problem.?

Re: Vespa wiring, just wondering

Yes it sounds like it will be in the light switch. If you horn is working then you are getting power from your light coil. If you notice there are two red wires going to your horn. One form the coil the other will go to your switch on the bars

Thanks Cheethachrome. I started disassembly but stopped. I remembered reading it’s not with try to fix. But I should check out to see if wire is broken inside maybe or the contacts need cleaned.

It's pays to double check..what's the odds both lights burnt out? The headlight , I switched out with The other moped light problem solved.went to NAPA snagged the last two 6 v taillight bulbs. No luck with the headlamp. Two other stores nada. So back to the web sites. Saved on the switch though!

Tractor Supply ?

Yeah, Tractor Supply around here quit selling them, tried Autozone, NAPA, and a couple other places...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account