shower thoughts

Brad William /

If my Puch Newport speedo says 0mph at the 7:30 position, and 30mph at the 4:30 position.... why is 15mph at the 11:30 position?

Re: shower thoughts

ConstantWealthyClam-size_restricted.gif

nonlinear spring rate?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Why do you drive on a Parkway and park in a driveway

Brad William /

indeed,

why are there no Indians on England's central reservations?

Probably Fred /

A car parking lot in the USA is called a parking lot, In England and in Australia a car parking lot is called a Car Park, A park in the USA that you take your dog to play/play with other dogs is called a Dog park, what is a Dog park called in England and Australia called?

In Australia a girl or woman is called a Sheila, What if a woman’s name is Sheila?

In the day my Hungarian salesman friend told me that a battery in Hungary was called a Volt, So if you needed a little 9 V battery for a smoke detector/whatever and you went to a hardware store in Hungary and asked to buy a 9 Volt do you get nine batteries? Or would you have to say “I want a 9 Volt Volt?”

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Why is it they never show the 11 to 9 position of the Shadow of the flagpole at the South Pole

It would shut all the flat-earthers write-up

Probably Fred /

> Brad William Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> If my Puch Newport speedo says 0mph at the 7:30 position, and 30mph at

> the 4:30 position.... why is 15mph at the 11:30 position?

Ya my 60s speedos aren’t linear either! It’s the design with spring inside I believe,

Brad William /

Driving through mexico I stopped for gas. they had leaded and nonleaded. the non leaded was sin-pluma. I spoke only enough Spanish to guess this meant non-pencil, ergo, non-lead. so they call a pencil a lead. makes sense. but gas without lead.... non pencil gas?

Probably Fred /

> Brad William Wrote:

> Driving through mexico I stopped for gas. they had leaded and

> nonleaded. the non leaded was sin-pluma. I spoke only enough Spanish

> to guess this meant non-pencil, ergo, non-lead. so they call a pencil

> a lead. makes sense. but gas without lead.... non pencil gas?

Yeah translations really are messed up in every language including English-speaking!

A plumber friend of mine who lives part time/his Family lives in Brighton England told me last year he gave up smoking fags, wow only what that could mean here in the states, pew pew, Yikes!

After being a friend of his for almost 25 years learned to like the Benny Hill show and other British humor shows because I understood them a lot more because after several years on the job on many jobsites with him I learned to understand the British/Uk language as well as a Scotsman and Irish Carpenters speaking at many job sites and would argue almost to the point of this fighting!

Man they hated each other!

Was funny as hell at lunch though !

Brad William /

A plumber friend of mine who lives part time/his Family lives in Brighton England told me last year he gave up smoking fags, wow only what that could mean here in the states, pew pew, Yikes!

When I was about 12 I was watching an old black and white western from the 50's with my family. On screen some crusty old timers eating around a campfire. One of 'em says "Damn! This's hotter'n a faggot eatin a chilidog on the 4th of July!"

I looked around the room gawking. Did he just....? An adult in the room had to translate it for me.))) Embers or a glowing hot stick of wood. We don't use it anymore but it's still understood in England. (edited)

Barry (Bob) Brown /

Why are almost all ads featuring watches, the hands are at 10:10?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

In the news my local news the local baseball team the IronPigs said that their manager made a mistake and ordered a whole bunch of merchandising that had a typo here they have a whole bunch of iron pug shirts it just so happened to coincide with dog day at Coca-Cola Park being in the printing industry for a long time I know for a fact it wasn't a typo because the logo is different and the mascot changed now if you're in the printing industry there are two different departments there's one that does all the text and then there's one that does all the artwork they put them together they make the screens and print the shirts but before they do any of that they get a final approval before they print so if it was a typo the shirts would have never made it on the shelves so it was all a publicity stunt being passed off as news

But hey suck them up while you can get them they look pretty cool and if you own a pujo your own in it

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Why is there no lobster in lobster sauce?

lob.png

shower-thoughts-beautiful-shower-thoughts-that-are-actually-worth-taking-the-time-to-of-shower-thoughts.jpg

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Why does the turntable of your microwave turn in the opposite direction each time it is used?

Probably Fred /

> Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Wrote:

> Why does the turntable of your microwave turn in the opposite direction

> each time it is used?

Mine doesn’t always do that! only if you shut it off mid way and restart it otherwise it spins clockwise, at least the settings we use which is only to rewarm food

> each time it is used?

Our's always turns clockwise . But , it's a microwave / convection , so that may have something to do with it .

Why do you drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

Why do ships carry cargo while cars and trucks deliver shipments?

> each time it is used?

It has to do with detected load by motor. Its loaded when re starting in same direction. At that point it reverses direction thus giving the motor a free jump to start rotating without a load because of drive train slop. (edited)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I've never had any Wasabi in my life and if you do your research neither have you

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> I've never had any Wasabi in my life and if you do your research neither

> have you

9 kilos of pure wasabi will kill you.

Good thing the human stomach only holds 1 to 2 kilos. (edited)

Real wasabi tastes noting like that dyed horseradish stuff....it's like a green planty mustardy taste..

For the record, I like the dyed green horseradish stuff too.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Oh another weird shower thought now that they said they discovered the Higgs boson it comes out that what you were taught in school was totally all wrong and they were hiding it from you the speed of light is not a constant and neither is the acceleration rate of gravity they both were decided buy an average over the course of 200 years but they actually measured differences in many many many experiments conducted many many places and many many times

Brad William /

Those microwave platter motors are cool little things. Tiny little chew-can size gear motors densely packed with gears spun by a synchronous AC motor. Gobs of torque ranging from revolutions per hour up to the low hundreds rpm. From all metal gears and housing and bulletproof reliable to all plastic gears and housing and disposable.

Unless they're provided with some load at startup they're not directional at all. Usually it doesn't matter so most of them aren't. Ive ordered quite a few of these from aliexpress. Only a buck or two ea. You can get them in clockwise or countercw. A tiny sprag clutch is mounted on the motor to load it at startup. 50 percent of the time it starts "correctly". Otherwise it bumps against the sprag clutch and corrects itself.

Grill rotisserie motors used to be big heavy noisy things. They didn't change the size of them but now if you open one up you'll find one of these silent little synchro motors inside. Shame is that gnashing whining gearbox rotating the chicken was another evocation of summer for me that is no more.

But I do digress...

But these are shower thoughts (edited)

If you hold one of those microwave motors in your hand, with the wire connectors touching your palm, and spin the armature with your other hand, it will shock the shit out of you. An ac motor, spun manually, is a generator. And with the gears on it, spinning the damn thing by hand turns the motor at high rpm’s, so it really gets ya. I learned the hard way. They are great for pranks tho.

^^^Don't do this in the shower...

Brad William /

Old guy sitting on a stool a the back of a little bar in Mexico City Has an old army surplus hand crank generator hanging on a strap so it sets about chest high and he can spin the handle good. Drop some change in his bucket, after a lot of egging on from the little crowd thereby, and he'll hand you the pair of leads dangling from the set. That's what got your attention at first. He sits and clicks these leads together rhythmically mumbling some little ditty till you get too curious. He pantomimes to you.. hold one lead in each hand. The little crowd is already giggling and jeering as he starts slow, cranking up to speed, a kind of comically big dial on the front of the set, like something wilecoyote might have strapped to him. Dial starts to turn as your forearms tingle, then jolt, then burn.. cheers and jeers... you macho enough boy? Watch the dial. Now don't be a pussy. Funny as hell. (edited)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account