insurance appraisal

♣Slew Foot♣ /

So yeah here it is 5 1/2 months later after my accident and good to go car insurance offered me $800 as the totaled value of my bike

This would be okay and acceptable if you just pulled it out of the barn but as a hobbyist you spend all sorts of money on your bike and then there's the hours you put into it

Because I refused to take $800 they countered by saying they'll just bring it back and we're even.

I don't think I was compensated at all in fact I think that they were totally incompetent and the fact that I did not see the bike and they took it for an appraisal and kept it for 3 months and then they told me if it's not agreeable I would have to pay all the storage fees and Towing.

So I even have a lawyer but seriously he doesn't care about the moped and the fact of the matter is it doesn't seem like there's a recourse for me to get compensated for my vehicle.

The kit that was on the bike what's worth 200 the controls on the bars we're worth another Buck 50 the freaking mags conservatively 200 the exhaust pipe conservatively a buck-fifty the stator was a newer CDI with the flywheel so that's like 200 then you're adding a brand new main shaft new crank new clutch including bearings hub and shoes break strips and Bell just start ringing all this stuff up.

I'm going to talk to my lawyer in about 5 minutes and I'm going to basically tell them that it is unacceptable and that I should get my own appraisals like three of them and hold the insurance company accountable for my expense to bring it to the appraisals and for holding it for 5 months I wanted to report it stolen after 3 weeks I even tried to get it out of the impound within 12 hours but I had to be there in person and I was in the hospital the impound ER refuse to release the vehicle but when the insurance adjuster showed up a month-and-a-half later there was no problem releasing it with just a fax. I call Shenanigans

I was thinking of carding the damn carcass up to Steve's moped world second stroke and that place in Philly and get a real appraisal on how much it was worth and the damages incurred.

They totaled it over a headlight bezel a seat and the front fender at least that's what the appraisal said they listed the parts and labor as $1,057.

So as a result I've been out of Transportation for 5 months. This whole thing could have been resolved if the insurance company acted promptly and did their job for Christ sakes if they had brought it to my house to get the paperwork I could have done the appraisal and said give me three hundred bucks and they would have left it here and it would have been all set and done but instead they're just totally incompetent and I don't think I should have to deal with their incompetence and take the loss.

Feelings on the matter discuss?

Re: insurance appraisal

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I would have taken the $800 and ran. You will never be reimbursed for your labor because there is no way to prove how many hours you put into it, as well as establishing what hourly rate to place on your labor.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I know the labor would never be included I'm just saying Parts wise $800 I couldn't replace all that

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I was planning to file a complaint with the National Insurance Administration about the way they handled this and

I need to establish the actual value of the physical bike as it was when I got hit I just want to make sure all the numbers are right on the complaint it'll take another two years before they get to me but then they will be accountable.

And larger you worked on enough Tomos to know that that little? Spring if it wasn't there and they ran it long enough the whole innards are crap all my stuff is new and just replaced I put in a new crank I blew printed it I put in a brand new set of shoes brake strips the whole nine yards so getting a used one even if I inspected it I'd never know the condition of the roller bearings and then the mags and the controls and the exhaust it was a side bleed techno estriol and it is the only thing I have left from the dreaded one so it has that sentimental thing to it to

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Also I think it's this Irish thing I will freaking Stand My Ground if I know I'm right no matter how much it cost me I am a karmic landmine people get over on people a thousand times until they run into me...

Too bad you dont have reciepts for car rental or transportation cost during the time it has taken.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The way I look at it $100 a month is more than reasonable if they want me to start pulling receipts my friend John who is Van he gives me a ride in is a work vehicle I have tons of gas receipts no but the whole thing is is the insurance company could have settled within 24 hours like Progressive or a good insurance company instead they screw around for two months and well why should I be responsible for the storage fees that's my point and then when they lowball my estimate and then they want to say everything's okay and I get no compensation whatsoever like I said shenanigans I am going to file an insurance complaint I'm still waiting for my lawyer to get back to me cuz I told him how displeased I was with the outcome

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

The only one who will make $ from your accident is your lawyer. Like I said earlier, take the insurance money for your bike and run.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

After doing all the math Lar I just take the bike and let them keep their eight hundred bucks cuz I couldn't replace the parts at that I mean seriously if you break it down a new Tomas engine is worth $800 all day that didn't include mags frame title work the fact that I replaced the crank it was kidded had a pipe I got from Denmark and like I said it was the dreaded ones I'll let it all clear and everything else just take take my my beating but I am going to file an insurance complaint with the insurance commission and I'm going to say how incompetent this ensure was and they will be forced to compensate me

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I mean seriously lard this was a pretty heavy accident I suffered permanent damage the guy who shot me eye contact and still pulled out into my safe breaking Zone I was in traffic doing 30 the guy actually screeched his tires pulling out and then a guy was turning left so he had a shortstop any blocked the bike lane my only exit it's going to take a while before it's all sorted but I have a feeling I'm not going to have to really worry about $1,000 but for now I can't even eat all the little expenses that pile up when you don't have any transportation it's slowly nickels and dimes you until you have nothing I mean my pain management expenses are through the roof it's all out of pocket it's the middle of the month and I could tell you my bank account might have $10 in it

And when they sent me the first claim you know the first check for the damages they're trying to have me sign off on everything for it it was kind of underhanded but I've dealt with this kind of snake before

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I was only referring to the damage to your bike. Your medical bills and pain and suffering are an entirely different matter.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Well not having opioid receptors in my brain being one in 60,000 pain management does not come cheaply cuz it is not covered by anybody but me medical marijuana is not covered I have been trying to get on Marinol since my heart attack but the federal government prevents that I tried following proper procedures by arranging a pain management appointment which took 30 days and then when I got there they canceled it 10 minutes before the appointment so I was in the waiting room when they canceled on the answering machine message they informed me not to show up and that they I had to speak to the director when I got there there was a goon squad waiting in the Next Room The Intern that my regular pain management doctor had fill in was totally shaking and nervous the whole appointment and basically he had 302 to me involuntary psychiatric commitment because he thought I could be a danger to myself and others because I said I think I should just go into a bar and start drinking well having a brain hemorrhage that's considered suicidal and after 5 hours of I want to see a State Trooper you're breaking the Geneva accords I'm a citizen of the world before the US I demand to see a State Trooper finally the head of hospital security was ex-military and he realized they were breaking the Geneva accords and had me released immediately you cannot withhold pain medications from a captive

I called their Bluff I 1 I can use my pain management at the hospital they have somebody escourt me off the premises so they're not breaking their agreements with the federal government because they deal with welfare and Medicare but they can't break International laws.

I am actually the tip of the spear on a lot of this I need it medically they had to break into the children's Pharmacy and get me the Marinol a few months before the dispensaries opened because I didn't respond to the Fentanyl and I had my chest split open from the bypass and the vent tube and chest tubes pulled out without pain management and went into shock and I've died on the table before during operations because of this

Overpriced Parts /

We got rear-ended by somebody in 2014 and I had a handicap tag they wanted to give me the worst rental vehicle known to mankind ! Even if you weren’t handicapped, some subpact Toyota or Nissan that you would need a shoehorn or be be like 100 pound person to get into and I said no way because I had a Dodge Caravan, and I want the same type vehicle I need because get your dumbass driver bashed into me because he wasn’t paying attention attention and I got a 2013 Dodge Caravan for a month while our van was being repaired and that was only because I complained,

So if I were you I’d complain since it wasn’t your fault! Tell them to buy you a bike like the way you had one!

Insurance companies only deny because they’re bigger than you and can starve out you out, F them, I’d keep complaining, screw them people! I’ve complained on every insurance claim, again ones wasn’t my fault and I got more than they offered but don’t quote me on that!

When it was my fault I excepted whatever they gave and they were almost fair but One case one when was a parking lot collision and it was 50-50 fault I should’ve got way more amount!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The cost to date of my pain management is close to $6,000

Back in '10 I was hit head on by a lady making an illegal left into a one way (the wrong way). My Pryer trike was totalled. They tried to give me $200 for it. I got an appraisal from a local moped shop for $2000 and they paid me the $2000 plus the $50 appraisal fee. Plus I got to keep it since they didn't want it. I had my brother-in-law restore the fiberglas fender that was crushed, and I fixed the rest and it lives to this day and it cost me $300 to bring it back. Stick to your guns. They hate people like us.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

All of my purchases were on a card so I could prove how much it cost

I forgot to mention, I took care of all the vehicle negotiations myself. I had a really good evil shark for a lawyer who took care of the medical. I had a couple of broken ribs which land high on the pain and suffering scale, He got me a solid settlement and all expenses paid but it took 3 years. Patience Grasshopper.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Pennsylvania is also a commonwealth state which gives individuals more rights than in other states that 1 States that you do not need a mechanic's inspection license to work on a moped nor do you need any kind of certification 2 be a moped mechanic so I could have done the appraisal myself I mean I have more experience than the motorcycle shops with mopeds and this is what really gets me if they are just done their job properly the insurance adjuster it would have been settled within 24 hours for $300 and everybody would have been happy but instead it took him two months to get the bike out of impound and that's not my fault nor are the towing or storage fees except for the one from the accident to the impound yard in my City's Charter it states if I went to claim the vehicle within 12 hours they can't charge me any storage fees but they refuse to release it to me unless I was there in person which was a lie because when the insurance adjuster was there with the check a fax was just fine and I have this sneaky suspicion that someone along the chain of custody was a moped guy or is kid had a moped and they raped my vehicle and that's why I am not getting it back because I've been trying to get it back since it left the impound I mean within 2 days I was saying I wanted to report it stolen and it was all because they were trying to classify it as a motorcycle instead of a moped like it would make a difference 2 the accident like I didn't have insurance which is just bullshit I've been paying for 5 mopeds for 10 years and if I'm not mistaken if you ride on two wheels for 4 years I think it gives you an M8 class and a motorcycle class without a passenger endorsement already took my m-class written test and passed except for two passenger questions but I never took my road test I was waiting for a bigger bike.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I think the engine is missing since it left the in pound that's my theory so far and I'm still waiting for my bike I told him talk back to me and I still haven't seen it and it's been a week. They haven't contacted my lawyer or anything because I told him I'm going to file an insurance complaint cuz I don't think it's right

Jimmy Cincinnati /

If you take the $800, wont they then give you the option to buy the bike back for basically peanuts?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Yeah that's the rule of thumb but there's no guarantees see that's what bothered me and I personally think that my engine was missing from the impound or that when they went for the appraisal they tried to prove that was over 49cc and 5 horsepower at the wheel and put it on a freaking Dyna and freaking blew it up cuz they don't know what they're doing. And they never let me see the bike even when they were transferring it and they had to get the paperwork they didn't stop here first and that is proper procedure and it was never followed

Dirty30 Dillon /

I would have taken the 8 and walked. It's a Tomos, and your prices on parts are way exaggerated.

Estimated Value and Cost to Replace are two different things.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Well the backstory on the bike is it is my replacement after the incident where I gave the guy CPR the bike itself the frame was the dreaded ones who passed so it's kind of sentimental but the interior of the Tomas motor was all rebuilt for the season everything was gone over everything was new I mean just price a new Tomas engine I got a lot of parts from Denmark with the hit-and-run check I mean just do a price check on the controls brake perch the motor frame rims and tires there's no way for $800 I can replace that so I'm just going to take the bike back but it isn't even that simple because I've been trying to get it back for the last 4 months

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Take the $800, then buy it back! You'll atleast have some money to throw at fixing it.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Basically I was informed there was no buyback I was not going to get the first offer at getting it back it would go to auction

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Take the $800... its a tomos! I bet you could get a decent Streetmate for that.

Bodily injury is/should be covered separately from the totaled value of the bike.

$800 isnt bad - I got $350 for my totaled ns50 (I held on to the bike obviously)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I didn't take anything and it's still five months since I even seen the bike I basically told my lawyer I said you know what they told me I don't get anything and they're going to bring the bike back I said fine I said but then I'm going to file an insurance complaint because none of this is my fault today I added to tell the lawyer talk to the regional claims manager because the person handling this is totally incompetent they even sent me a letter and it didn't even have complete sentences in it

♣Slew Foot♣ /

All right today Good2Go insurance paid out my claim I disputed the original appraisal which was insane I mean basically the damages consisted of a damaged headlight bezel a front fender and a tear in the seat they had the list of the cost of repair as $1,057 I informed the claims manager that they bump their head falling off the turnip truck and that the damages were more like $300 he basically agreed with me told me my bike will be towed back to my house I will receive a check for $575 for the damages even though my estimate from a shop came out to only 327 weird thing is that buy back is non-existent with mopeds in Pennsylvania because you cannot have a salvage title on a moped so if it gets totaled it's gone so they totaled it I disputed it had to show them that I had the title for the vehicle I had to sign their paperwork and I needed a written shop estimate hey only 6 months...

Thats awesome that you got her back! I hope your well compensated for your pain and suffering caused by both the accident and claims adjuster.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account