Re: Flywheel magnet strength

Seth B /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Magnetism fascinates me, although my understanding of it is minuscule in relation to the laws and theory of magnetism. But in my mind, if I could figure out how, it seems as though a magnetic field could be produced, with very powerful, permanent rare earth magnets, to levitate and spin a generator armature, and if done in a vacuum, there would be no frictional or atmospheric resistance, and if the magnetic force of the magnets was greater than the generators resistance, then a power generating, perpetual motion device could be developed. But I'm not educated enough. Levitation is the easy part, and continuing rotation is then not hard, once started. But then what? A flywheel spinning a planetary gyroscopic unit, I suppose. But I didn’t finish engineering school.

Anyway, cool topic. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account