Re: Flywheel magnet strength

P D /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

> Rebel Moby Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Excellent. if the original magnets are of poor quality the

> 're-energizing' would be short lived if the engine was not used on a

> daily driver though.

>

That's a possibility .

As far as I know , from otherwise good sources , these magnets are Alnico . Like many things , there is no documentation from the factory to verify that claim .

I've read conflicting claims that Alnico magnets can and can not be recharged .

If they can not be , how is it that I could easily feel a difference after the partnership or parring with a stronger magnet ?

Considering the age and possible mistreatment of these flywheel magnets , I'd say they are of good quality .

I can see why the quality of magnet base material would possibly effect longevity and even magnetic strength, but , how being used daily or not has any effect , I'm drawing a blank .

And , 'preestablished opinion' ... I'm well aware of that flaw and try not to have it influence my judgement . Still , a meter would give a better , possibly unbiased , 'opinion' . ;)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account