motobecane 70cc kit

christian descoteaux /

Hi everyone new here to moped army and mopeds in general. i recently purchased a 79 motobecane, supposedly with a 70cc kit. it rips pretty well so i do thick its got one. I've been struggling trying to find info on what kind of kit it is. it does say autotec and some serial numbers (3924184) on the head but I'm not finding anything on google. do you know anythings about these. i want to get a better exhaust, the guy i purchased it from rigged a cheap pipe and bugger welded a header. any suggestions on a pipe, are these heads any good?

Thanks for any info and help

christian

Re: motobecane 70cc kit

Photos?

christian descoteaux /

. (edited)

9ZADty6bSIaXtiUB%pQ%Qg.jpg
X8hpdXSXT9iZUix7SIqZTQ.jpg

i have seen these , they came in both stock bore and then 45mm bore. stockish looking ports 2 ring piston. more of a torque cylinder than a high rpm

> Fred Braue Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i have seen these , they came in both stock bore and then 45mm bore.

> stockish looking ports 2 ring piston. more of a torque cylinder than a

> high rpm

Fred dropping some knowledge!

That is a normal old stock av7 head on top of that cylinder

If you want to sell it, Ill gladly buy you a newer Airsal of your choice!

christian descoteaux /

ya its got pretty good torque. so it is a autotec kit. is there a particular type of header i need to get to upgrade the exhaust?

andy im curious why you want to buy the cylinder? what is it about these that is better than other cylinders kits

No, It's not that it's better, it's just odd. Alot of people here are interested in obscure aftermarket cylinders.. That's what I gather... Any exhaust made for a motobecane engine will work just dandy if your big'ol exhaust nut isn't stripped on the cylinder.

Honestly tho, I'd take Andy up on his offer, . You would be better off with a cylinder with more available tuning information..nobody is gonna have info for you on this wierdo.

Kinda reminds me of an old biturbo branded Moby kit I bought from Ed years and years ago.

christian descoteaux /

ok thanks!

ill do some research and think about it

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account