How much can you carry on your bike ?

Probably Fred /

I bet not as much as these people can :

https://www.newsflare.com/video/308987/travel/cargo-car-in-vietnam-seems-to-be-carrying-everything-including-kitchen-sink

Don’t know why it’s called cargo car because it’s mostly all bikes But feel free to post pictures/videos of you carrying some big items or many items on your bike.

Re: How much can you carry on your bike ?

I can smell clutch pads burning from here.

Ken, I can carry up to 70 lbs plus myself , 2.5 gals. of fuel, and a large windshield on my Sebrings. That's about my 235 + 70 + 20+ 8 so 333 lbs., but not all on the rear.

Normally I only carry probably 290 or so.

Probably Fred /

Man this guy in the video riding with one hand, one gust of wind and he’s gone!

D28B00E9-E857-4A42-9D14-CA42ADEFA911.jpeg

Captain Janeway /

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ken, I can carry up to 70 lbs plus myself , 2.5 gals. of fuel, and a

> large windshield on my Sebrings. That's about my 235 + 70 + 20+ 8 so 333

> lbs., but not all on the rear.

>

> Normally I only carry probably 290 or so.

Wow, I had a 2 gal gas can snap the back carrier off an Urban. I've learned to get extra supports on because I'm always carrying groceries in that milk crate on the carrier. Can also put some stuff in the front basket but try to keep it lighter so balance doesn't go off. Those damned gas cans are heavy.

Captain Janeway /

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> I bet not as much as these people can :

>

> https://www.newsflare.com/video/308987/travel/cargo-car-in-vietnam-seems-to-be-carrying-everything-including-kitchen-sink

>

>

>

> Don’t know why it’s called cargo car because it’s mostly all bikes But

> feel free to post pictures/videos of you carrying some big items or many

> items on your bike.

Can't really see too many of the bikes. Wondering how many are Hondas. I see what look to be a lot of Tao Taos (barf). I want to know how the guy with the boxes is keeping the throttle on and using brakes (besides his feet).

Probably Fred /

> Captain Janeway Wrote:

>

> Can't really see too many of the bikes. Wondering how many are Hondas. I

> see what look to be a lot of Tao Taos (barf). I want to know how the guy

> with the boxes is keeping the throttle on and using brakes (besides his

> feet).

I did carry a tomos golden bullet and the rider on the back of my magnum mkll, bending the rack and rear fender in the process when his clutch/transmission locked up, 4 miles into a ride due from him him being a dumbass and not checking or changing the fluid for two years!

The rest of my magnum was fine, I can’t believe how many people think Mopeds do not require yearly maintenance or any maintance at all!

> Captain Janeway Wrote:

> > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Ken, I can carry up to 70 lbs plus myself , 2.5 gals. of fuel, and a

>

> > large windshield on my Sebrings. That's about my 235 + 70 + 20+ 8 so

> 333

>

> > lbs., but not all on the rear.

>

> >

>

> > Normally I only carry probably 290 or so.

>

>

>

> Wow, I had a 2 gal gas can snap the back carrier off an Urban. I've

> learned to get extra supports on because I'm always carrying groceries

> in that milk crate on the carrier. Can also put some stuff in the front

> basket but try to keep it lighter so balance doesn't go off. Those

> damned gas cans are heavy.

No, I was meaning the 2.5 gallons in the Sebring's top tank. I don't need to carry extra gas.

Ive carried a moped with my moped before. Done doubles with grown men a ton of times. I think ive probably had a max 400 lbs including my own body on a moped.

Me and 4 bags of groceries in the sidecar is all I carry because I want to not just make it home from getting provisions, I want to be able to ride all week long and do it again the following weekend

50Vsidecar2.jpg

Family

scooter-family_small.png

Probably Fred /
E69C3333-0F9E-4F8C-9FD3-B9B755C0B1E6.jpeg

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

Went to a few rallies with this rig. Have the trailer but not the moto anymore and I chopped up the homemade hitch. Also built a single "monowheel trailer" rig to haul a moped and only used it once but it performed great.

310065_10151668492738410_1983101630_n.jpg

Probably Fred /

Just the essentials

Bread.jpg

Brad William /

How could I have already known the link would lead to Vietnam? They are renowned for this.

I often bring home a weeks groceries in plastic bags hanging from the handlebars. You can haul an amaaaazing amount of cargo this way. I imagine a family of newly arrived Vietnamese watching me from their minivan and wondering, "holy shit, is that still an option here??" (edited)

ive carried hard cases of film gear like paniers, ive carried a load of wood on front of qt50,

i used to do a full weeks groceries on my maxi , 2 bags on either bar and like 4-5 in the rear box,

one time i bought like a bunch of comforters on the maxi and shoved them in the middle.

did a laundry with the basket in an fa50

could barely turn lol

and an ex on a kstar’d maxi, barely handled that one lol

Before I got back into mopeds I was around 350lbs. Lost 80 lbs Soo far, going to get back to around 220. But I'd be happy around 240...I was 6ft3. I'm curious if I'm gonna gain those three inches back after carrying a second person around for 6 years.lol

Arsal za magnum still carried me great at about 300, clutches got hot and started skipping any fatter than that. My Moby never quit, shit would get me up to 40 np...of course my sheer mass at speed was a danger to pedestrians.

Congrats on the weight loss, I hear you on the Moby's being strong, but they must be in perfect working order. I only carried groceries, I could get a bag in each rear basket, but it just being me that was plenty, I will not hang bags on the bars or balance shit in the step thru space. Hobbits are powerful too, moves my between 200-210 self around just fine, never dips below 20 on steep hills.

Carried a couple of spare trailer wheels with tires on the back of my FA50 once .

Agreed , nothing on the handlebar , except my hands . No need to tempt the forces of imbalance . ;)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

One time I ran into a full size Ludwig m 52 xylophone I strapped it on the back of my moped oh my dear God it was like driving a Harley with a 20 horsepower engine it just wanted to fall over I drove it about 6 miles to a buddies house where I got a beer dolly and some bungees and try to make a trailer for it I managed to get three miles I was about a mile from home and I pulled into the Wawa and the cart rear wheel didn't have any kind of differential so it just flipped and took me with it I pulled myself up picked up the moped and all the xylophone keys because they came loose I'm scattered all over the parking lot I wish I would have had a recorder to record the sound because it was incredible and it kind of made the bruises and scrapes kind of worth it cuz I was like a spectacle so you kind of hard not to look at the guy that just crashed the moped with the xylophone I think it contributes to my local Legends status

^ HA! I would have paid to see that! :)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account