DiBlasi ignition is toast, now what

I took my R7 to a trusted motorcycle shop and they confirmed my suspicions. The ignition is bad. Its either the coil or stator which are both exponentially expensive from diblasi. I can't really engine swap it to a different brand, the diblasi engines are weird and unlike the others from what I understand. Buying the parts is not an option they are much too expensive...

What would you guys do?

I wish I had gotten a Honda or a Yamaha or something more reliable, this stupid thing has only 279 miles

Re: DiBlasi ignition is toast, now what

what is the ignition number/ name pictures of the ignition?

The cdi/coil is no big deal, treatland probably has several that will work. The stator is a bit more difficult since it's probably fairly specific. I believe the ignition is IDM?

> Fred Braue Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> what is the ignition number/ name pictures of the ignition?

I can look when I pick it up from the shop...

I looked on the diblasi website and they are a ton of money.

The other problem is I don’t know the specs for the ignition components so there’s no way for me to test the resistance and such. That means I can’t narrow down the problem...

Either way it’s going to cost more to fix than I can sell it for I’m afraid

Pretty sure these use the le partie cdi on treats.

> Saabsonettguy . Wrote:

> This might be an option for the cdi/coil.

> https://www.ebay.com/itm/CDI-HT-coil-only-for-Casatronic-Varitronic-Vespa-IDM-Scooter/133110282493?hash=item1efdfdb8fd:g:OtIAAOSw9HNdKMKn

It looks like the same thing, the problem is that I don’t have any specs to test my parts and see which one is the issue. Hopefully it’s this instead of the insanely expensive stator assembly

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> Pretty sure these use the le partie cdi on treats.

I’ll look into it thanks!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account