DiBlasi ignition is toast, now what

I took my R7 to a trusted motorcycle shop and they confirmed my suspicions. The ignition is bad. Its either the coil or stator which are both exponentially expensive from diblasi. I can't really engine swap it to a different brand, the diblasi engines are weird and unlike the others from what I understand. Buying the parts is not an option they are much too expensive...

What would you guys do?

I wish I had gotten a Honda or a Yamaha or something more reliable, this stupid thing has only 279 miles

Re: DiBlasi ignition is toast, now what

what is the ignition number/ name pictures of the ignition?

The cdi/coil is no big deal, treatland probably has several that will work. The stator is a bit more difficult since it's probably fairly specific. I believe the ignition is IDM?

Largemouth Bass /

> Fred Braue Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> what is the ignition number/ name pictures of the ignition?

I can look when I pick it up from the shop...

I looked on the diblasi website and they are a ton of money.

The other problem is I don’t know the specs for the ignition components so there’s no way for me to test the resistance and such. That means I can’t narrow down the problem...

Either way it’s going to cost more to fix than I can sell it for I’m afraid

Pretty sure these use the le partie cdi on treats.

Largemouth Bass /

> Saabsonettguy . Wrote:

> This might be an option for the cdi/coil.

> https://www.ebay.com/itm/CDI-HT-coil-only-for-Casatronic-Varitronic-Vespa-IDM-Scooter/133110282493?hash=item1efdfdb8fd:g:OtIAAOSw9HNdKMKn

It looks like the same thing, the problem is that I don’t have any specs to test my parts and see which one is the issue. Hopefully it’s this instead of the insanely expensive stator assembly

Largemouth Bass /

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> Pretty sure these use the le partie cdi on treats.

I’ll look into it thanks!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account