Best carb for Airsal 70cc Sachs kit

C8FE0ACF-1228-4445-A35F-335E7F9CAA4D.jpeg
7B441207-48E4-44B1-B61E-E34097669C0F.jpeg

Need some votes on best carb for this intake: 14mm IM; 19mm OM

I am running this pipe in the picture. Not wild about it but came with the bike.

Thanks so much for your input!

Re: Best carb for Airsal 70cc Sachs kit

I got a vm20 on mine. It’s probably overkill but I like it.

Running that same pipe too and I kinda hate it.

Make sure you mount that pipe TO the engine with a bracket and soft mount it to the frame or it'll break.

I run that with a 15 bing and it works like a charm. You can feel the pull a little after take off.

I'm running the needless stock square Bing and a Tecno Bullet pipe. Hitting low 40's on a 504 Westlake with that kit. Scary fast for me on this lightweight step through.

I got a 15 bing on mine, wouldn't fit with the Airsal intake, used a stock intake. The stock ones from 505/1A's are 14.5mm ID, the Airsal intake that comes with the kit is a little under 14... wtf!

also the intake that came with the kit wouldn't fit the round bing.

The stock intake doesn't bolt straight up either though, you have to cut off one edge of the flange or it sticks out over the end of the cylinder and hits the case.

I dig that kit but the intake situation is so dumb. If you wanna do right, get the MLM intake and use an SHA or a VM, but that's like 60 bucks. Or use a stock A intake, modifier and run a 15 round bing. It's pretty solid.

the pipe mount advice above is important, the rubber bushings on the engine mounts tear up that pipe if it's hard mounted to the frame.

Also you should tryn get a little piece of something around that split in the starter cable. I guess it doesn't really matter but I don't like to leave em like that

Do you use a shim?

Eek. Id use something small like a 14/15bing and get it to climb hills and go 35 or so...then I'd stop trying for more power. You don't want too much power or ur gonna blow your clutch...

Nm, what am I saying ur gonna blow it up anyway. Go big! lol but seriously, be careful. Sachs clutches are fragile.

I’m with frank on this one, use the stock D carb, tube properly and you can have a 50mph Sachs

linky to my Airsal Sachs build

Brad William /

> . Chudas. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Make sure you mount that pipe TO the engine with a bracket and soft

> mount it to the frame or it'll break.

>

> I run that with a 15 bing and it works like a charm. You can feel the

> pull a little after take off.

Vibration fatigue mostly. But heat expansion/contraction adds to it. At this length it's minimal, but enough to worsen things over time.

"...the 107 foot long SR-71 going from standard day (68f) on the tarmac to the Blackbirds average temp at Mach 3+ at FL 80 after about 22 minutes flight, the Blackbird is fully heat soaked. At the 22 minute mark the overall average temperature of the airframe is approximately 520 degrees f. At that temp, and the coefficient of expansion of the Titanium, the SR-71 and its sister Blackbirds grow 1.92 inches."

Only talking millimeters on a two stoke pipe. But it doesn't hurt to soft mount to the frame to let the pipe stretch out on its own. (edited)

> Brad William Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>

>

> Only talking millimeters on a two stoke pipe. But it doesn't hurt to

> soft mount to the frame to let the pipe stretch out on its own.

Its because Sachs motors have rubber bushings where the motor connects to the frame, so hard mounting the pipe to the frame, while the motor its connected to can move around and vibrate, translates those vibrations to the pipe, causing it to crack, Ive seen it happen several times.

If you just add some rubber with the bolt connecting the pipe to the motor, this issue can be avoided.

I ran the same setup with a 15 SHA and it was perfect. 42mph and nice acceleration. Good fuel mileage too

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account