Anybody know about Puch E50 fuel flow?

outatime andy /

So I put this tank on my Puch and it works well except that I can only utilize half the tank and I don’t want to spend another $100 - $150 on a new tank. Could I just connect some gas line to the inside of the petcock? Will it suck the gas up? Or is it purely gravity fed?

I have a 21mm Dellorto on the Puch and it’s a piston port

8A565118-EBC5-468C-B051-3C6F69A07AB7.jpeg

Re: Anybody know about Puch E50 fuel flow?

Dirty30 Dillon /

It's just gravity fed, like all moped tanks.

You played yourself on this one. Find a real tank.

no groms no blasters /

why'd you ruin a step-through frame like that

> no groms no blasters Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> why'd you ruin a step-through frame like that

Handling, stability, better lines, place for saddle bags... just my style. All the moped folk be hatin’ on the top tank but everyone on the street loves it

Best option would be to reposition the tank more towards a step through orientation. Even if you relocate the petcock, accelerating and stoping/taking turns with that tank size/shape will slosh your gas around so much that there will be a lot of air pockets coming through the gas line when the fuel is not topped off, which can starve the carb intermittently. And with the tank at angle it will probably leak when totally filled up.

> Andrew M Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>All the moped folk be hatin' on the top tank but everyone on the

> street loves it

I think hes talking about how he took the rear rack off and is using it as a mounting point. That looks like doodoo, just weld a crossbrace in. (edited)

Looks great. It's your bike to ride. Chop it up and do what you want. Don't claim rigidity and handling though, you almost lost me there.

And about the petcock. I highly doubt it but try it. It may get you a little more range.

Your bike looks dumb to me, but I love that you like it. #itsjustmopeds

I won't criticise your style but that adds no structural integrity to your bike. You'd need to weld on an actual cross member to the frame if you want that, not just bolt a tank loosely on there

hey andy, you like it?

fuck 'em

who cares what anyone else thinks

but find a different tank

Bad Cadillac™ /

Run a fuel line from side to side under it like a Magnum tank.

You'll have to drill holes and weld in fittings to do it though.

I wouldn't worry about 'only' half a tank as you wont want to be on that thing for more than 10 miles anyway . ;)

You aren't even able to fill the tank all the way, it would just leak out the top! Get a new tank and sell me that one for my Free Spirit.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account