Super Cub VIN Question

Polly Prissypants /

Can anyone with a CA Super Cub verify the first characters in the VIN say CAxxx and not Cxxx? I’m about to go through the Vermont title process and need to make sure I get this right.

My 64 Cub VIN starts with C102 but the Vermont dmv says no C102 exists, only CA102.

Also can anyone explain definitively the difference between a CA102 and C102 other than CA was specific to the US market?

Re: Super Cub VIN Question

Captain Janeway /

64' will be pushrod, that means c102. Overhead cam, which is from about 1968 on up, will be a super cub ca100 or ca102 if electric start.

this comes up a lot and often with supercubs, vin questions in general. but it shouldn't really matter anyway, those vins aren't standardized so it can be whatever mess of numbers, all that really matters is what's on the registration matches what's on the frame, and also that it doesn't match anyone elses registration

no groms no blasters /

Vrong Iorum Nuckface

show them a pic..? lol

them older bikes with them short vins send the employees amisss

when I first tried to register my cub they told me I needed LSV (Low Speed Vehicle) plates which are actually for like those road legal golf cart things like the 35mph intown electric cars etc

Polly Prissypants /

All good feedback. For future help to others, I determined my model is a 1964 pushrod, Iron top end CA102 based on; the electric start, the original scarlet red frame color, lack of rear turn signals but with factory rubber rear turn signal plugs (USA standard at the time.) The serial number and chart shared above helped too.

I can find no evidence of Honda adding the “CAxxx” designation to any frames and it appears there are no frame changes between a C and CA model for the year.

I registered as a 1964 red CA102 using the Cxxxx VIN code.

Thanks again all.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account