Pacer SS

Neighbor is selling this 1980 Pacer for 200, can anyone tell me about it? Speed, reliability, any issues? Should I buy it? I just finished my Sachs and wanted to get a Pinto, but this popped up.

franco 1.jpg
Franco 2.jpg
Franco 3.jpg

Re: Pacer SS

Buy it.

haha i want to, but know nothing about it. anyone have one?

Yes.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Should I buy it?

Stop asking, run to the atm, then run to your neighbor.

The motor is not as common as bikes like a Puch or a Tomos, but with some effort you can get most everything you need and it will be a reliable bike. The Pacer SS is a good looking bike and at that price i consider it a steal.

Tell me about it bud, does it go 75? or 25? Hows the acceleration? whats the biggest tires you can put on it? why'd my dad leave?

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Others can probably chime in with more detail but...

Tell me about it bud, does it go 75? or 25?

Likely around 25mph

Hows the acceleration?

Im pretty sure thats a 1 speed, but i think its decent for a 1 speed. Surely no worse than your Sachs.

whats the biggest tires you can put on it?

Pretty sure those are 16" rims. Likely a 2.25 x 16. You probably could run a 2.75 or maybe a 3.00 depending on the fenders.

why'd my dad leave?

He probably didn't want a son who hesitated at buying mopeds for great prices. Your mother begged him to stay but he just couldnt be caged any longer... he was a free bird.(edited)

haha well I wouldn't disappoint my him then, maybe he'll come back, I go swoop it up.

Id appreciate more detail if anyone else has any?

> . Chudas. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> haha well I wouldn't disappoint my him then, maybe he'll come back, I go

> swoop it up.

>

> Id appreciate more detail if anyone else has any?

Ya, dont sit on it while on center stand. It will bend it and the rear tire.....nevermind, too late.

The rear tire will what? Ive noticed all the ones Ive seen are on side kick stands.

> . Chudas. Wrote:

> The rear tire will what? Ive noticed all the ones Ive seen are on side

> kick stands.

Rear wheel will no longer clear the ground. Looks like it's touching now while on the stand. It's a common problem with Puch and Garelli too.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Morini M1 motor. That's really all you need to know

52131554-631A-4E48-B97F-FD955E142F81.jpeg

30 mph bike. With a sha 14mm, and pipe it’ll run close to 40mph. I wouldn’t think twice. Scoop that bitch ASAP. Very desirable bike, and silver a plus. I’ve got two and would buy them all. They just don’t pop up very often.

Get it! Engine and tank are worth more than 200 bucks. Great single-speed engine. Stock it will get 150 mpgs and 28-30 mph.

I got it, what now?

Pacer whole.jpg
Pacer front.jpg
Pacer engine.jpg

Tank looks good on the inside, just a little surface rust

Pacer controls.jpg
Pacer tank 2.jpg
Pacer tank.jpg

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Dirty30 Dillon /

Throw it in the river and buy a hyundai

Ask the previous owner if they have the tool kit and cover with thumbscrew. Cover is hard to come by.

Screenshot_2019-07-29-14-09-55.png

It's a moped,Chudas! Run it and enjoy long trips on it. Don't worry `too much' about its looks as long as it is a dependable ride.

Clean the petcock, install a paper-pleated in line fuel filter, and clean the carb. Make sure you have an airscreen and cover for the carb.

Replace tires and tubes if old, all bulbs,check all cables for good braking and starter clutch operation, drain and refill tranny with 20W motor oil check all exhaust mounts and engine mounts. Fix the bent centerstand.

Replace spark plug with new and correct plug, and take off!

Ill check on that tool cover and start going through all that! Wasnt as excited with the pictures, but in real life that thing is something else. Printed out some manuals and wiring diagrams, got tires and a few extra things from past projects Ill throw on for now.

Thanks dudes!

jelly....nice score! you can get tank decals from Wandering Pacer, or DOS. that bike will clean up good. repack wheel bearings before you ride it. that is always the first thing i do when they come back to life...would love to have a fleet of these...

I had one a few years ago. Nice Italian machine. I appreciated that it was the SS model, i.e. the Super Sport! I forget what about it made it the "SS", but Italijet (I think that was the maker) actually did enhance the SS model in some way, over and above the standard version. I forget what.

Joe

> Null Void Wrote:

> I had one a few years ago. Nice Italian machine. I appreciated that it

> was the SS model, i.e. the Super Sport! I forget what about it made it

> the "SS", but Italijet (I think that was the maker) actually did enhance

> the SS model in some way, over and above the standard version. I forget

> what.

>

> Joe

correction.....manufacturer ITALTELIA......

> ID OD Wrote:

> jelly....nice score! you can get tank decals from Wandering Pacer, or

> DOS. that bike will clean up good. repack wheel bearings before you ride

> it. that is always the first thing i do when they come back to

> life...would love to have a fleet of these...

Speaking from experience, ive dealt with both. Wondering Pacer DOES NOT ANSWER OR RESPOND to messages.

DOS DOES and they ship parts fast.(edited)

Alright, I got it started, Oil flushed and filled, new spark plug, cleaned shitty leaky petcock, but bogging out cause of no airbox.

Biggest issues are and possible answers Ive found searching the site:

1. no axle bolts on the front wheel

I went to the hardware store and nothing fit, Italian bikes take an 11mm? from what Ive read?

2. After cleaning the petcock i found there is no rubber seal in it, so it leaks. Anyone know the thread size? 12mm?

3. Cotter pins are missing, look at the pictures, looks like they used some meat hanging hooks. Anyone know the size? 8.5mm?

Other than that the bike looks clean, they had a weird set up on the clutch wire and a ridiculous fuel line but thats been fixed.

Thanks dudes.

Dirty30 Dillon /

I mean, Wandering Pacer is just a dude who likes moped. You are not entitled to a response from anyone on the internet.

Ok, but if he wants to relay info so others dont waste their time, its appreciated.

Benjamin The Wandering Pacer /

> . Chudas. Wrote:

> Alright, I got it started, Oil flushed and filled, new spark plug,

> cleaned shitty leaky petcock, but bogging out cause of no airbox.

>

> Biggest issues are and possible answers Ive found searching the site:

>

> 1. no axle bolts on the front wheel

>

> I went to the hardware store and nothing fit, Italian bikes take an

> 11mm? from what Ive read?

Yes 11mm axle can be bought on treatland. https://www.treatland.tv/SearchResults.asp?Search=11mm+axle

>

> 2. After cleaning the petcock i found there is no rubber seal in it, so

> it leaks. Anyone know the thread size? 12mm? Also treatland or possibly ace hardware.

>

> 3. Cotter pins are missing, look at the pictures, looks like they used

> some meat hanging hooks. Anyone know the size? 8.5mm?

https://www.treatland.tv/cotter-pin-p/cotter-pin.htm

>

> Other than that the bike looks clean, they had a weird set up on the

> clutch wire and a ridiculous fuel line but thats been fixed.

>

> Thanks dudes.

I have a lot of Pacer information on my website. http://www.thewanderingpacer.com/parts-references-shops/manuals/ (shameless plug) Also as someone has said, I have reproduction tank stickers. :D HMO.(edited)

Hey thanks Pacer, yeah Ive been looking through all your stuff, its a big help!