Need VIN plate/sticker

I have a Free Spirit build I am working on, stripped it and got it powder coated.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Hi8FEg7lN/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet

The VIN sticker didn't come off so well even when I heated it, now it's trashed. I was going to get it registered through Vermont, but just read that I need to send a few pics of the VIN plate on the bike, but this isn't an option anymore.

I did some reading, and it looks like selling blank VIN plates is illegal in the US? Treats is all out of the black plates, maybe for this reason?

What are my options for getting a new plate/sticker? I have the original engine and the serial number matches the frame. Do I basically have an illegal bike now?

I thought I took a pic of the plate before I attempted to remove it, but I can't find that picture.

Re: Need VIN plate/sticker

Overpriced Parts /

Use frame #

...How? I don't believe any DMV would recognize to use towards registration. I have no title.

Barry (Bob) Brown /

In Ohio, I just registered 2 mopeds by only filling out a form, they gave me plates with no title or even a bill of sale. But maybe you could use this foil paper and photo of a VIN plate and recreate yours?

Paper -

Silver foil laser paper adhesive backed.

Photo - sample

vin.png

> Barry (Bob) Brown Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> In Ohio, I just registered 2 mopeds by only filling out a form, they

> gave me plates with no title or even a bill of sale. But maybe you could

> use this foil paper and photo of a VIN plate and recreate yours?

>

> Paper - Silver foil laser paper adhesive backed.

>

> Photo - sample

We're in a good spot for ease of moped registration in Ohio for now; unfortunately most states are not so lenient. His state might require titles to register his ped, which is why he was gonna go through vermont

They made me register my Honda Express NC50, 49cc, goes 27mph because it doesn't have pedals. Mopeds aren't required to be registered but if it goes over 30mph, I'd need to register it as a "Motor driven cycle" This one does.

Buy a junk frame and use it's #

> Wild West Pony Wrote:

> I did some reading, and it looks like selling blank VIN plates is

> illegalin the US.

You answered your own question.

Quit looking in the U.S.

Screenshot_2019-07-27-00-52-55.png

(edited)

I definitely searched puchshop but somehow missed this. I wish they had "Meets Federal Motor vehicle safety standard requirements" on them. The woman at the DMV made a big deal about it on my Honda.

Get a goodly person in a lenient state, like Ohio, to register the bike in their state and then "sell" it to you.

> Wild West Pony Wrote:

> I definitely searched puchshop but somehow missed this. I wish they had

> "Meets Federal Motor vehicle safety standard requirements" on them. The

> woman at the DMV made a big deal about it on my Honda.

Chances are you will be dealing with someone else that doesn't notice or care next time.

People bring bikes into this country all the time from other countries that never exported to the U.S. I'm sure those machines have no such proclamation.

> Rebel Moby Wrote:

> Get a goodly person in a lenient state, like Ohio, to register the bike

> in their state and then "sell" it to you.

Way too much trouble and risk for a sticker.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account