Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> How is it a strategy if the guy behind and in front of you is trying the

> same thing? Mix it up a lil, worse thing that could happen is u Lose.

Worse case scenario is acting like an idiot on the track injures you and others.

Going by your previous posts, the only racing you do is against yourself on backroads. There are more than a few members here who compete and would agree that riding like a jackass during a race is negligent behavior.

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

Ya, rule of the track is keep your line. No point in throwing people off their bikes during a friendly race. Sure, im competitive, but scare tactics are dumb.

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

> Dickie Thompson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ya, rule of the track is keep your line. No point in throwing people off

> their bikes during a friendly race. Sure, im competitive, but scare

> tactics are dumb.

How did this go from trying something to scare tactics ?

Crap , it wouldn't be a race if everyone followed the leader .

May as well sit on the couch .

I like being in front .(edited)

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

“Looks like those bicycles in a straight line”

~knows nothing about drafting

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

> jayson sumpter Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> “Looks like those bicycles in a straight line”

>

> ~knows nothing about drafting

Yeah , there's a time and place for everything .

I always thought drafting was for when you needed a break . ;)

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Rocco Taco Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > How is it a strategy if the guy behind and in front of you is trying

> the

>

> > same thing? Mix it up a lil, worse thing that could happen is u Lose.

>

> Worse case scenario is acting like an idiot on the track injures you and

> others.

>

> Going by your previous posts, the only racing you do is against yourself

> on backroads. There are more than a few members here who compete and

> would agree that riding like a jackass during a race is negligent

> behavior.

I didn’t know taking the outside and stay far away from you was being

A jackass? I don’t even know if I could squeeze my fat ass around that go kart track.

I see y’all have that nice knee scrapping shit, it is nice to watch it is. but I perfer to kick my leg straight out like a real two smoker. Dillion hasn’t showed my how to ride properly yet

I tryed getting you to race me but you never show up. I think he’s a lil shy don’t worry I’m too. You did invite me up to some race track in ny but we both know I don’t have time for that shit and you just wanted to watch some else ride and drink beer.

Who else I’m going to race, no one else has mopeds around here?

When I talk about groms I mean Honda groms.

Who’s the jackass now?

That 420 race in Colorado sounded sick! That one even scared me

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Who’s the jackass now?

It's still you.

It's OK to not know something, but to pass off blatant misinformation as valid assistance and not think you're going to get called on it, is ludicrous.

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

Note on the radiator/head combo: rotating head 90 degrees, cold intake on the bottom to not interfere with "heat rises".

Ill be testing hose lengths and volume for best temps.

Also, going to test replacing the Hot Hose with aluminum tubing to act as a 2nd radiator. Kind of excited for that one..

Screenshot_2019-07-20-10-55-17.png

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> How is it a strategy if the guy behind and in front of you is trying the

> same thing? Mix it up a lil, worse thing that could happen is u Lose.

I wasn't engaging specifically because as I said there's a lot to it. There is cornering and passing strategy for every type of single or multi-apex corner, banked and off-camber, and every combination of them in succession.

To your point about "goosing it around the inside", I assume you mean trying to brake late and going on the inside of the person in front of you in a single apex corner, that's called stuffing. It can be effective but generally isn't the best way to make a pass. It's 1. super aggressive and can really piss people off if you crash them out or if your dumb ass crashes in front of them because of it. If it's especially aggressive, In a club or pro race that shit can earn you a black flag. Track days don't even allow you to pass on the inside even in the expert group. And 2. it slows the pace so much you're really opening yourself up to be passed by a third person behind you on the outside. I would be really apprehensive stuffing a novice racer, especially on a moped, because they're likely to get spooked and crash into you or hurt themselves. The "correct" way to pass on the inside is before the turn-in so it forces them wide.

you are partially correct- if you focus on the person in front of you you will never be able to pass. Where you look is where the bike goes, it's called target fixation. You choose your lines more or less independent of what lines the person in front of you is taking. It's important to observe where they're braking and where their turn in is for corners so you can make a correct pass.

TL;DR there's a lot to it and it's easy to make judgement calls from ignorance while watching gopro footage

> I see y’all have that nice knee scrapping shit, it is nice to watch it

> is. but I perfer to kick my leg straight out like a real two smoker.

this is a sick way to break your ankle. There's a reason people with fast lap times use a sportier body position.(edited)

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

> Dave & Bummerzz Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Rocco Taco Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > How is it a strategy if the guy behind and in front of you is trying

> the

>

> > same thing? Mix it up a lil, worse thing that could happen is u Lose.

>

> I wasn't engaging specifically because as I said there's a lot to it.

> There is cornering and passing strategy for every type of single or

> multi-apex corner, banked and off-camber, and every combination of them

> in succession.

>

> To your point about "goosing it around the inside", I assume you mean

> trying to brake late and going on the inside of the person in front of

> you in a single apex corner, that's called stuffing. It can be effective

> but generally isn't the best way to make a pass. It's 1. super

> aggressive and can really piss people off if you crash them out or if

> your dumb ass crashes in front of them because of it. If it's especially

> aggressive, In a club or pro race that shit can earn you a black flag.

> Track days don't even allow you to pass on the inside even in the expert

> group. And 2. it slows the pace so much you're really opening yourself

> up to be passed by a third person behind you on the outside. I would be

> really apprehensive stuffing a novice racer, especially on a moped,

> because they're likely to get spooked and crash into you or hurt

> themselves. The "correct" way to pass on the inside is before the

> turn-in so it forces them wide.

>

> you are partially correct- if you focus on the person in front of you

> you will never be able to pass. Where you look is where the bike goes,

> it's called target fixation. You choose your lines more or less

> independent of what lines the person in front of you is taking. It's

> important to observe where they're braking and where their turn in is

> for corners so you can make a correct pass.

>

> TL;DR there's a lot to it and it's easy to make judgement calls from

> ignorance while watching gopro footage

>

> > I see y’all have that nice knee scrapping shit, it is nice to watch it

>

> > is. but I perfer to kick my leg straight out like a real two smoker.

>

> this is a sick way to break your ankle. There's a reason people with

> fast lap times use a sportier body position.

I see those guy lay on the brakes on the inside of the corner and slow away the fuck down almost to a complete stop sometimes. if You take the outside and just gases that bitch around the corner youll pass them immediately. You can’t pass on the inside because they just hog that shit. So go where no else will...to the outside of the corner.

I’m not talking about bumping into people or cuting them off.

I’m talking about using the outside of the corners because it will keep the bike speed up compared to the slow tight inside corners. Taking the inside isn’t always the fastest

If we raced, I’ll probably lose and ul probably win.(edited)

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I see those guy lay on the brakes on the inside of the corner and slow

> away the fuck down almost to a complete stop sometimes. if You take the

> outside and just gases that bitch around the corner youll pass them

> immediately. You can’t pass on the inside because they just hog that

> shit. So go where no else will...to the outside of the corner.

>

> I’m not talking about bumping into people or cuting them off.

>

> I’m talking about using the outside of the corners because it will keep

> the bike speed up compared to the slow tight inside corners. Taking the

> inside isn’t always the fastest

>

> If we raced, I’ll probably lose and ul probably win.

I'm not sure what you're saying, but the fastest line in a single apex corner is outside, late turn-in to late apex, not geometric apex, then outside.

3.jpg

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

> Dave & Bummerzz Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Rocco Taco Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I see those guy lay on the brakes on the inside of the corner and slow

>

> > away the fuck down almost to a complete stop sometimes. if You take

> the

>

> > outside and just gases that bitch around the corner youll pass them

>

> > immediately. You can’t pass on the inside because they just hog that

>

> > shit. So go where no else will...to the outside of the corner.

>

> >

>

> > I’m not talking about bumping into people or cuting them off.

>

> >

>

> > I’m talking about using the outside of the corners because it will

> keep

>

> > the bike speed up compared to the slow tight inside corners. Taking

> the

>

> > inside isn’t always the fastest

>

> >

>

> > If we raced, I’ll probably lose and ul probably win.

>

> I'm not sure what you're saying, but the fastest line in a single apex

> corner is outside, late turn-in to late apex, not geometric apex, then

> outside.

> >

Just keep that bitch wide open.

7BEB2EFA-11E6-47BC-900F-67FEDFBF64E1.jpeg

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

That is 100% the worst line you could ever take.

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

This has to be a joke

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

corner.jpg

:yawn:

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

> jumpsuit steve Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> >

> :yawn:

Please keep the normal thread open for serious post or it will get confusing.

That’s definitely cheating!!

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

Bit of progress tonight. Mocked pipe mount. Im skeptical on this pipe functioning on a low-clearance bike.

Im going to spring mount it to the rear..largely because the slip-header may not be sealed 100% if its held an at unnatural angle. Im thinking that this slip header will make for more headaches than solutions.

Rotated head 90 degrees. Nord-locked and spacers to make up for exposed non-threaded sections. Gapped plug. Checking for piston slap with a stock paper base-gasket. Im thinking ill need a thicker one.

20190721_213307.jpg
20190721_213316.jpg

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

What happens when your swing arm moves?

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

This is just mock up to see where the pipe will sit. Mounting points will be off the frame

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

have you checked squish? there is more to deck spacing that whether or not the piston hits the head.

pipe position does look a little on the low side- I would imagine that will drag.

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

Have not checked squish with the new head yet. Im cutting varying thickness base gaskets using the solder trick to record the figures.

As for the pipe..it might drag on this frame. Before I modify the header, ill mock it up on the tubular frame to see if its necessary or will end up being wasted time.(edited)

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> Just keep that bitch wide open.

that graphic is hilarious because every time you go to the track there is one guy who does exactly that... usually passing on the inside when everyone else is starting to break then either eating shit or ending up way behind when they have to come to a complete stop and make that super hard turn at the end.

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

Okay I’m going to film a video with blue barrels in my drive way to find out what’s faster! My form sucks so laugh all you want

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

this isnt a test you need to perform

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Okay I’m going to film a video with blue barrels in my drive way to find

> out what’s faster! My form sucks so laugh all you want

You really wont.

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Rocco Taco Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Okay I’m going to film a video with blue barrels in my drive way to

> find

>

> > out what’s faster! My form sucks so laugh all you want

>

> You really wont.

I might

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

> Dickie Thompson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Bit of progress tonight. Mocked pipe mount. Im skeptical on this pipe

> functioning on a low-clearance bike.

>

> Im going to spring mount it to the rear..largely because the slip-header

> may not be sealed 100% if its held an at unnatural angle. Im thinking

> that this slip header will make for more headaches than solutions.

>

> Rotated head 90 degrees. Nord-locked and spacers to make up for exposed

> non-threaded sections. Gapped plug. Checking for piston slap with a

> stock paper base-gasket. Im thinking ill need a thicker one.

Real interesting setup. What water pump are you thinking ?

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

derek cuellar /

following

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

> Adam Smith Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Dickie Thompson Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Bit of progress tonight. Mocked pipe mount. Im skeptical on this pipe

>

> > functioning on a low-clearance bike.

>

> >

>

> > Im going to spring mount it to the rear..largely because the

> slip-header

>

> > may not be sealed 100% if its held an at unnatural angle. Im thinking

>

> > that this slip header will make for more headaches than solutions.

>

> >

>

> > Rotated head 90 degrees. Nord-locked and spacers to make up for

> exposed

>

> > non-threaded sections. Gapped plug. Checking for piston slap with a

>

> > stock paper base-gasket. Im thinking ill need a thicker one.

>

> Real interesting setup. What water pump are you thinking ?

No water pump to start. Im wondering if it will even be necessary since this will be a track only bike.

Any recommendations if I switch over?

Re: Race Bike Build - Oct 12th/13th due date

> Dickie Thompson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Adam Smith Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Dickie Thompson Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > Bit of progress tonight. Mocked pipe mount. Im skeptical on this

> pipe

>

> >

>

> > > functioning on a low-clearance bike.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > Im going to spring mount it to the rear..largely because the

>

> > slip-header

>

> >

>

> > > may not be sealed 100% if its held an at unnatural angle. Im

> thinking

>

> >

>

> > > that this slip header will make for more headaches than solutions.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > Rotated head 90 degrees. Nord-locked and spacers to make up for

>

> > exposed

>

> >

>

> > > non-threaded sections. Gapped plug. Checking for piston slap with a

>

> >

>

> > > stock paper base-gasket. Im thinking ill need a thicker one.

>

> >

>

> > Real interesting setup. What water pump are you thinking ?

>

> No water pump to start. Im wondering if it will even be necessary since

> this will be a track only bike.

>

> Any recommendations if I switch over?

No water pump? You have a water cooled head?

I like the Prius water pump!

She keeps me up all day long

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account