Barn find Grycner Trike

Hey guys new here and new to mopeds. This rad three wheeler Grycner moped was given to me and I wanted to know, is it worth anything? I believe it's a desert classic but I could be wrong. Its a pretty cool trike and I wanted to know before I start modifying cutting and welding on it. I guess this company isnt around anymore and it originates here where i live in Palm Springs. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

20190701_073740.jpg
20190702_130237.jpg

Re: Barn find Grycner Trike

Ha . Never seen a caddy moped before .

There are only 6 photos of that brand on this site, so I have to assume that that brand is somewhat rare. The ones in the photo section all have Sachs motors. The trike rear ends are usually built by another manufacturer, Pryer being one. With all that piping, I would think that the trike rear end is a custom job. A lot of us hate to see things parted out or scrapped, and with plenty of TLC, almost any bike can be made roadworthy again.

Irving Cobian /

i found an old catalog on this bike yesterday. apparently it had a canopy at some point haha. its just that i know i like modify my vehicles so when it comes to something old or unusual i like to check and consult before i start modifying. just in case.

1981-Buyers-Guide-p54.jpg

Very interesting. I wouldn't go too fast with that canopy extended. Sort of looks like the Flintstone mobile.

Made in the same factory as generals and Clinton's..... basically identical...

Also, holy shit. The hobbit was the cheapest...best deal too.

General LTD was a nice deal too.wowee

Gycner Floozy is identical to the Clinton, which is pretty much a rebadged General 5 Star step thru. At best they’re worth a few hundred bucks and that one is roached so gouge away without worries.

Irving Cobian /

awesome thank you guys for your help now i can start brainstorming on how i will fit an engine to it!

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

As everyone probably knows by now, trikes are my thing. Rarity is not necessarily value. Grycner was not a manufacturer (except for the trike modification). They were a distributor (kinda like Cosmo) that slapped their name on another manufacturer's product. In the case of Grycner, they imported Jui Li mopeds from Taiwan back when they were not so good. The moped used for this trike is a Jui Li product, identical to a Clinton. The "Sachs" motor was actually built under license and is a Taiwan clone not quite up to the same standard. So it is not something that needs to be preserved without mods. Go ahead and make it your own.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account