Vespa Bravo Blinker Question

The Bravo Super Deluxe I just bought is missing it's turn signals. The front blinkers are busted off and only the posts remain. The rears are gone altogether. Did these come with regular cat eye signals, or what came on them? Are they available anywhere, or are they impossible to find. I would like to replace them, if possible. But if it's a lost cause, I'd like to know sooner rather than later. The wiring seems to be intact, but needs a battery.

Re: Vespa Bravo Blinker Question

While I don't know the answer to the turn signal specific question, is your bravo sporting the third coil under the flywheel? Look over the wiring diagram , try Myron's mopeds and locate where the wiring is. One that's found use a multimeter when running to see if the wires are energized. So I'm not saying to pull motor to inspect at this time. If u actually can document intact wiring with functionality then either post it in the buy and sell so Angelo can sell u a set (haha ) or start getting creative. If the previous owner ditched it all unless u need them to sleep well at night maybe u should take a bit of time thinking about the effort required.

Yeah, I've been over the wiring diagram at Myrons, but I haven't pulled the bike up on the bench yet. I've located the turn signal wires at all four corners. Just no blinkers. I'm sure the engine has the third coil, as everything is stock and totally unmolested. Even the paint is close to perfect. I would really like to get it back to 100% original, if I can.

I thought about just ripping off the band aid and contacting Angelo first, but I figured I'd poke around a bit first.

As I recall the turn signals have been on the buy sell a while ago.

Do you know if they came with Vespa-specific blinkers, or just generic cats eye stuff?

Cheetachrome probably for sure knows. My money is on Vespa oem

> Seth B Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Do you know if they came with Vespa-specific blinkers, or just generic

> cats eye stuff?

The blinkers on the Grande were CEV, not cateye. From looking at google images they seem to be the same, albeit chrome instead of black. Treats used to sell them, you can find it if you have the part number to the housing. I don't have a housing on hand to give you a part number though. I'm also looking for a set of two for the rear on a grande.

Thanks, nick. That's the info I hoped to learn. That will help in the search.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account